What champ did Dana discredit the most during his title reign?

Also, back in the day "superfights" were basically never happening and nobody thought Pettis deserved to have a superfight with Aldo before defending his LW belt a few more times.

I was including that in the fucked over bit, because didn't Aldo want to fight Pettis at 155 for the title and Dana said only if he vacates his belt?

Now we have McGregor and DC and TJ and Nunes doing it for fun

Yeah, I don't think it'll happen any time soon. How many fighters are in the "top fighter" category?

I dont have an exact number honestly, but you get my point. The top fighters are the one making the ratings go up, so they can negociate individually with leverage. The rest could be replaced at any time so they cant make any pressure alone (as independent contractors).

I dont have an exact number honestly, but you get my point. The top fighters are the one making the ratings go up, so they can negociate individually with leverage. The rest could be replaced at any time so they cant make any pressure alone (as independent contractors).

Yeah, the top fighters are the ones that bring the PPVs and ratings, and I really think you can count them on one hand now. Maybe 2 or 3 fingers.

Yeah, the top fighters are the ones that bring the PPVs and ratings, and I really think you can count them on one hand now. Maybe 2 or 3 fingers.

I was talking mostly about the ones that can headline cards, but guys like Conor are even on another league compared with the rest of the champions, so there is more difference in the workers collective.

Woodley is definitely not the most praised champ lol

I was talking mostly about the ones that can headline cards, but guys like Conor are even on another league compared with the rest of the champions, so there is more difference in the workers collective.

I think they are totally struggling to headline cards. But your right, if the nobodies won't unite, they'll never get anywhere.

Also, back in the day "superfights" were basically never happening and nobody thought Pettis deserved to have a superfight with Aldo before defending his LW belt a few more times.
Good point, from the Pettis point of view.
Aldo certainly deserved it, but Pettis did not.

That is no joke

Nah, the US courts just need to grow a pair of balls and apply the Ali act to MMA.

Contracts "locking in" fighters with a specific organization need to be OUTLAWED. Every fighter should be a 100% free agent, free to move to another organization at any time.

The UFC should only have control over their titles, and that's it. If one of your champions refuses to fight for your organization, you strip them. But they are free to move wherever they want.

IMO Miocic...
Every single championship fight he was the underdog in the eyes of Dana and the UFC.

I agrreee. Dana wanted to strip Silva ifi remember correctly.
You remember nothing if Dana pays you enough

But yes he did. Said it was a complete embarrassment. Shat all over him. So did the crowd.

Nah, the US courts just need to grow a pair of balls and apply the Ali act to MMA.

Contracts "locking in" fighters with a specific organization need to be OUTLAWED. Every fighter should be a 100% free agent, free to move to another organization at any time.

The UFC should only have control over their titles, and that's it. If one of your champions refuses to fight for your organization, you strip them. But they are free to move wherever they want.

That's a good idea. Who has brought a legal case against the UFC so far?

That's a good idea. Who has brought a legal case against the UFC so far?

Conor threatened to do it, and would have won. That's why the UFC let him fight Mayweather, and ultimately paid him a crazy high PPV cut for his fights.

GSP also threatened to do it when he declared himself a "free agent", before fighting Bisping. The UFC ultimately allowed him to re-negotiate his contract.

Randy Couture also threatened to do it when he wanted to fight Fedor, and the UFC paid him good money to come back and fight out his contract.

We're still waiting for a big MMA star to go through with it. Once one big case is won, the Ali act will be applied to the whole sport.

Back