What champ did Dana discredit the most during his title reign?

cpirish

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Dana shits on a lot of his champs but I think Woodley has gotten it the worst ever, as far as DURING the title reign.

Any one get it worse?

That's actually a really difficult question but I think I have to say Woodley. Maybe just because it's the most recent but seems anything Dana has to say about him is negative. Really fucked up that a fight promoter disparages his own fighters. MMA needs to unionize badly

Definitely Aldo.

He let Conor, DC, and now TJ fight for another belt while being Champion yet wouldnt let Aldo do it 5 years ago. Aldo would have been LW champ too. Especially fighting Benson, Edgar or Pettis when they were champs.

That's actually a really difficult question but I think I have to say Woodley. Maybe just because it's the most recent but seems anything Dana has to say about him is negative. Really fucked up that a fight promoter disparages his own fighters. MMA needs to unionize badly

That is no joke

Dana deserved a good ole kick to the yap for years now...

Woodley is the most dominant WW champ since GSP retired from the division, but Dana treated him like shit, so I'd say Woodley.

aldo for sure. aldo would have been the first ever simultaneous 2 weight champ. but they didnt let him derail showtime

andy could have done it as well in like 2008

Gsp after the Hendricks fight comes to mind

Silva after the Leites and Maia fights. Woodely isn't even in the same league.

Jar Jar Binks

098_Germaine_de_Randamie.0.0.jpg

That is no joke

I agree, but there is a huge fragmentation inside the fighters collective that is working against that posibility. Not only because of the "independent contactors" stuff, but also because of the huge salary gap between the top fighters (the ones with most leverage to pressure the company) and the rest.

Definitely Aldo.

He let Conor, DC, and now TJ fight for another belt while being Champion yet wouldnt let Aldo do it 5 years ago. Aldo would have been LW champ too. Especially fighting Benson, Edgar or Pettis when they were champs.
Forgot about Aldo. Dana also wouldn't give him a rematch when he got flash KO'd while he gave rematches to so many other less deserving former champs

I agree, but there is a huge fragmentation inside the fighters collective that is working against that posibility. Not only because of the "independent contactors" stuff, but also because of the huge salary gap between the top fighters (the ones with most leverage to pressure the company) and the rest.

Yeah, I don't think it'll happen any time soon. How many fighters are in the "top fighter" category?

Woodley. Dana has never openly disrespected Aldo, at least not to the degree he has Woodley. You can bring up the rematch, but ultimately Aldo lost. And then lost again, and again. Woodley hasn't lost, and Dana's still found multiple ways to shaft him.

Aldo was fucked over but not discreditedd

3. Mighty Mouse because the boss implied he was ducking
2. Stipe because of the clear bias towards Ngannou
1. Woodley because of literally everything

Woodley beating Till without getting a glove laid on him is even more hilarious now.

Aldo was fucked over but not discreditedd

3. Mighty Mouse because the boss implied he was ducking
2. Stipe because of the clear bias towards Ngannou
1. Woodley because of literally everything

Also, back in the day "superfights" were basically never happening and nobody thought Pettis deserved to have a superfight with Aldo before defending his LW belt a few more times.

Back