What boxer had the best head movement?

1234778873_Muhammad_Ali_dodging_punches.gif

frazier is one of my favourite of all time, but as someone else noted, he's just constantly bobbing and weaving as opposed to slipping punches as they come, like Tyson used to.

Aren't those videos mostly showing upperbody movement, as opposed to head-movement? Kind of confused about the difference here.

I guess if it's just head movement, you've got to give it to sassy black women everywhere

In before this turns into a Tyson debate thread.

The fighters with the best head moment are the ones who barely move, and you don't notice when they do move until you see the slow motion replay. Slight movements are always better than wide sweeping movements. But it can take a while to get that down to a tee so it tends to be older boxers who figure it out. One of the reasons older boxers can survive so long.

Niccolino Locce, Tony Canzoneri, Charley Burley, Flash Elorde, Denny Moyer, Carlos Ortiz. All incredibly difficult to land a clean punch on in their faces.

Niccolino Locce is so good at avoiding punches it looks like he is half paying attention to the fight and checking out girls in the front row or something

Paz's head-movement wasn't all that good.

agreed.. he didn't do much of it for a specific reason.. he just moved for the sake of moving.. very erratic .. though he did a nice little move to set up the shot that got Rosenblat when he cut that strip his hair..always though that was cool..

Hands down.. the best head movement is Loche imo.. I think Chris Byrd was the best from my era..he moved just enough..very slight movements to make punches just miss.. loved it.

Floyd Mayweather, Roy Jones Jr., Willie Pep, Joe Frazier, Pernell Whittaker, Chris Byrd and Mike Tyson.

Back