• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

What boxer had the best head movement?

You don't know much about fighting, do you? Watch Don Frye vs. Yoshihiro Takayama and school yourself on head movement without body movement.

Pssht.

Head movement is for pussies.
Real men lob punches at one another with their chins in the air and zero defense.

Observe from 00:20 to 00:38

Can't really move the head without moving the upper-body.

It's just that I was under the impression that head-movement was mainly that jerky, weird movement of the head that people like Pirog do. Seems like I'm totally off here.

finally found a .gif of this moment. Probably the most under rated head movement of any boxer in history. Haye gets clocked against the ropes only to then dodge five of Wlad's best punches. Watching this live everyone thought these were landing. I love how he rolls with the fourth punch too. In real time all this happened within about 2 seconds.
iM8VBjQlOWaCw.GIF

To see it in real time it starts just after 1:57 and ends by 1:59

Last edited:
Apart from the names already mentioned in this thread, I'd like to nominate Archie Moore.

finally found a .gif of this moment. Probably the most under rated head movement of any boxer in history.

It will be an injustice if history forgets these two seconds where Haye avoids three of six punches in a fight he was dominated.

Tyson for me, I've never seen so much destruction come from a slip to the left, or a slip to the right.

Haye has really good head movement. Shit on him for not engaging the whole fight, but not that.

I came in here to say Smokin' Joe, and I'm pleased I got beaten to it.

It will be an injustice if history forgets these two seconds where Haye avoids three of six punches in a fight he was dominated.

It was like this through most of the fight. Haye dodging punches only for people to think the were landing.

Also:
ib1qaarj7Sgsck.gif

i'd have to say sweet pea easily had the best of all time

in my opinion

Back