What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOTW might be a top 5 all time game for me and Im only 30 hours deep. I just fucking love this game. If you havent played it, dont watch reviews or anything just go in. I fucking love the difficulty, puzzles, gameplay loop everything. Sometimes a design philosophy they have for the dungeons is abandoned for the main story missions as you have complete freedom to complete most puzzles but then there is one way to complete the story puzzles but holy shit is it so satisfying. Doesnt handhold, and my goodness does it satisfy my souls itch. No game is truly a 10 but this may be close.

oz5vpvflxnky.jpg

I haven't played a Zelda game since Link to the Past on SNES but I'm kinda interested in Breath of the Wild tbh. I don't know whether I should buy a WiiU or Switch. I need to research them because I don't which is more powerful, or whether I can bypass their gimmicks and play them like regular consoles.

Last edited:
Aside from one goddamn achievement in odyssey where I can't find the last location to unfog, I've got all current ones.

Smash I'm gonna take a break on since getting the true ending is insane and I won't settle for a bad ending. I tried for an hour today and said fuck this for now. 33 hours was good enough for my money.

Playing Rocksmith and that's about it. Maybe I'll get back into dark souls on switch.

I haven't played a Zelda game since Link to the Past on SNES but I'm kinda interested in Breath of the Wild tbh. I don't know whether I should buy a WiiU or Switch. I need to research them because I don't which is more powerful, or whether I can bypass their gimmicks and play them like regular consoles.
Buy the switch. There is barely any gimmicky things with the game, using motion controls with the bow and arrow is as "gimmicky" as its got. You can turn it off.

I promise you'll not regret buying it. You can use the switch in handheld mode and the game still looks gorgeous and runs smooth. TBH Ive been going 50/50 in docked and handheld mode and whilst docked looks a bit more crisp, i just prefer handheld.

If you have disposable income, get the switch and botw. I got the switch, botw and mk8 for 300. You can 100% play the switch like a regular console, but I really like playing freehand with the joycons when docked, a little small bt you get used to it. A pro controller makes it like a traditional console.

I honestly think ill probably play nearly everything I can on the switch, its just so convention. Ill get a pro controller soon and maybe smash. But Im looking forward to getting dark souls, bayonetta, mario Odyssey etc soon aswell in some sales. REmake 2 next year January aswell.

Last edited:
Going for achievements in Ryse and pulled this off.

tenor.gif

Oh and @Valhoven look what I got :)

8805ea26-be99-489e-9887-eb65abcc72bc.PNG

Last edited:
Nothing right now. Super bored. Hopefully smash and spyro after Xmas.

I got AC Odyssey for 75% off and I’m seeing rubber banding mission levels and I’m going...

<Deported1>

What the goddamn fuck motherfuckers? Am I playing some freemium game?

If I’m playing a goddamn ‘RPG’ game which this isn’t, but pretends to be, I expect to get more bad ass over time as compared to my fucking enemies. Maybe I don’t take that fucking difficult mission at the beginning. But I expect to be fucking goddamn Arnold in Commando by the end of the game.

Origins didn’t rubber band level difficulty. Witcher doesn’t. And RDR2 certainly doesn’t.

Finished observer. It's a polish made cyber punk / horror suspense game featuring blade runners Rutger Hauer. It takes place in a dystopian future where humans are heavily augmented and a group of detectives controlled by a tyrannical mega corporation have the ability via augmentation to hack into victims minds to solve crimes via their thoughts. nightmares etc,etc

The game reminds me quite a bit of the silent hill demo that will never see the light of day and the environments and graphics are both stunning and create a very grim mood. The game play was lacking to a degree as its just a building crawl where you are inspecting crime scenes and then experiencing tripped out visions when you hack into someones brain. so it's just a point and click adventure for the most part.

However the universe that is created is so wonderful it makes up for any of the actual gameplay shortcomings and is more than worth it. They are apparently making a movie out this too thankfully

8/10

Also wrapped up dex. A side scrolling cyberpunk RPG. it was okay. the plot was intriguing enough but the endings felt half assed 5/10

Last edited:
Finished observer. It's a polish made cyber punk featuring horror suspense game featuring blade runners Rutger Hauer. It takes place in a dystopian future where humans are heavily augmented and a group of detectives controlled by a tyrannical mega corporation have the ability via augmentation to hack into victims minds to solve crimes via their thoughts. nightmares etc,etc

The game reminds me quite a bit of the silent hill demo that will never see the light of day. and the environments and graphics are both stunning and create a very grim mood. The game play was lacking to a degree as its just a building crawl where you are inspecting crime scenes and then experiencing tripped out visions when you hack into someones brain. so its just a point and click adventure for the most part.

However the universe that is created is so wonderful it makes up for any of the actual gameplay shortcomings and is more than worth it. They are apparently making a movie out this too thankfully

8/10

Also wrapped up dex. A side scrolling cyberpunk RPG. it was okay. the plot was intriguing enough but the endings felt half assed 5/10

For cyberpunk check out VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action. Minimal gameplay besides mixing drinks. It's mostly a visual novel, but not like one of those romance novels on Steam where you're just waiting for some underage anime chick to flash her panties or some shit. You just go day by day talking to your customers who are all cyberpunk types (Including a sexbot and a very gay Kaneda from Akira). Plus there's a bit of world building - Reading news articles and forums and shit that set a stage. I really loved it. Loved almost all the characters in it. Plus it has a great aesthetic and really nice soundtrack.

There's actually another Cyberpunk game where you again play a bartender. It's called The Red Strings Club and it's supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't played it yet.

For cyberpunk check out VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action. Minimal gameplay besides mixing drinks. It's mostly a visual novel, but not like one of those romance novels on Steam where you're just waiting for some underage anime chick to flash her panties or some shit. You just go day by day talking to your customers who are all cyberpunk types (Including a sexbot and a very gay Kaneda from Akira). Plus there's a bit of world building - Reading news articles and forums and shit that set a stage. I really loved it. Loved almost all the characters in it. Plus it has a great aesthetic and really nice soundtrack.

There's actually another Cyberpunk game where you again play a bartender. It's called The Red Strings Club and it's supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't played it yet.

I really cant get into cyberpunk games that arent sim-rpg types like Deus Ex. Im pissed we arent getting Deus Ex MD sequel, what a damn shame cause that game was fantastic and may have been my favourite of 2016, up there with UC4 and Doom 2016.

I cant wait till cuberpunk 2077 though, I love the look and feel of that game, and I definitely need to play witcher 3 soon, took a backseat to bloodborne and MGSV when it came out to me. I hope its good because right now I may be playing my favourite game ever in BOTW. Anything after is gonna feel like a step back.

I really cant get into cyberpunk games that arent sim-rpg types like Deus Ex. Im pissed we arent getting Deus Ex MD sequel, what a damn shame cause that game was fantastic and may have been my favourite of 2016, up there with UC4 and Doom 2016.

I cant wait till cuberpunk 2077 though, I love the look and feel of that game, and I definitely need to play witcher 3 soon, took a backseat to bloodborne and MGSV when it came out to me. I hope its good because right now I may be playing my favourite game ever in BOTW. Anything after is gonna feel like a step back.

I wasn't keen on Witcher 3 but mainly because it's a huge map covered in useless junk (A lot of which needs you to sail around in a fucken boat) and I had to spend like 50 hours cleaning up all those icons because that shit gets to me. It had a couple of decent quests though

Playing through theHunter Call of the Wild and Rocket League. I might buy Rocket League I am really enjoying it. theHunter is definitely a grind.

Finished observer. It's a polish made cyber punk featuring horror suspense game featuring blade runners Rutger Hauer. It takes place in a dystopian future where humans are heavily augmented and a group of detectives controlled by a tyrannical mega corporation have the ability via augmentation to hack into victims minds to solve crimes via their thoughts. nightmares etc,etc

The game reminds me quite a bit of the silent hill demo that will never see the light of day. and the environments and graphics are both stunning and create a very grim mood. The game play was lacking to a degree as its just a building crawl where you are inspecting crime scenes and then experiencing tripped out visions when you hack into someones brain. so its just a point and click adventure for the most part.

8/10

Yup I did an in depth post on this game a few pages ago. Observer was cool. Lots of positives considering it's just a glorified walking simulator of which 80% takes place in a tenement building.

I wasn't keen on Witcher 3 but mainly because it's a huge map covered in useless junk (A lot of which needs you to sail around in a fucken boat) and I had to spend like 50 hours cleaning up all those icons because that shit gets to me. It had a couple of decent quests though

I kept hearing about its less than mediocre combat system, and at the time I was playing Bloodborne with its fantastic combat system, and atmosphere.

If the narrative is good, the gameplay is passable etc, im more than willing to play it. Just because I keep hearing its meant to be amazing. Skyrim is good, but people love to praise the hell out of that game, and I got way bored before I could finish it. Same with Horizon, I just dont understand.

Hell even spiderman is pretty fun but its got a ton of flaws. But being just okay means heaps of praise gets showered on games. Same with RDR2 etc. I know its all about taste but open worlds with junk spattered on them is boring as hell. You need a reason, to do something, it needs to matter instead of padding out the game, it needs to fit with the games systems and gameplay loop. I dont wanna collect 30 pieces of garbage for a trophy, that shit sucks. BOTW has some of that but you can skip em and theyre minor sidequests but theyre not spattered on your map, itching your eyeballs to go do em.

Going for achievements in Ryse and pulled this off.

tenor.gif

Oh and @Valhoven look what I got :)

8805ea26-be99-489e-9887-eb65abcc72bc.PNG

Nice! I did Op SS just recently too and loved my Airborne parachute reward in addition to the optical camo. I’ve done some testing and am not sold on it subtracting even more so from our detectability if already a skill maxed but that takes not away from its coolness - no, sir.

I’m somewhere in the middle of the Narco Road DLC storywise and it’s honestly pretty good; it’s a worldview reversal as you’re now running with the cartel undercover. New goodies abound too from ARs to warfighter gear.

Not yet trophied Platinum but I have 4-5 rare-level Golds and am sitting probably north of 150 hours at this point. I’m in love with this game, mate.

I got Sniper Elite 4 today (ed. Italia) for when I wrap Wildlands - but I’m in no rush. I’ll be sad to bid farewell to this one. I try not even to fast-travel between alpha-bravo-charlie safehouses, just to milk the journey and look like a bad-ass weaving in and out of traffic on my dirt bike with a sniper rifle the length of my body slung across my back.

Bless you, Mr Clancy. In thy name I sow seeds of deception and unrest.

Hype, I solo’d Predator a few days ago.

Honestly, KIA many, many times - a few dedicated sessions, in truth. Dude is straddling OP lines, frankly. I’m not skilled with LMGs so I reapproached the task with a SMG (Skorpion Evo 3, specifically, because of the ROF and range duality for the class). Green Swiss cheese he was when I was done with him.

Love the bio-mask reward with that 2.0 thermal and in-game voice/sound modulation. I don’t even play with night vision anymore, opting instead to hunt by heat.

@Hyperglide

Minor spoilers. Thunderblight Ganon or whatever that boss' name is from BOTW is so like a souls boss it damn amazing. He was literally too damn fast, but thankfully due to my patience being built from those games, I just played him like a souls boss, geared up, spotted his weaknesses and when he was essentially invulnerable, and beat him. Took 10 tries or so. By far the desert section with the Amazonian women is my favourite part of the game. I just keep saying that every time I go somewhere new here.

Im sure non souls fans will absolutely rage at this boss though.

Last edited:
For anyone interested in tactical shooters, I strongly recommend 2017’s Wildlands. Great game and the latest instalment in the Ghost Recon series.

With that, I’m bouncing from the Narco Road DLC and moving on. Save your money. The novelty of the change-ups are cool at first but beneath the surface, it moves like a self-aware mix of the X-Games and Red Bull-sponsored gang activity, if that makes any sense. Drift for some metres around this corner, nitro-boost off these desert ramps in your monster truck, interrogate the CFO of Gatorade and then neutralise El Ryan Sheckler... is pretty much the gist. Meh. Not feeling it, especially after the high of the base game.

I got AC Odyssey for 75% off and I’m seeing rubber banding mission levels and I’m going...

<Deported1>

What the goddamn fuck motherfuckers? Am I playing some freemium game?

If I’m playing a goddamn ‘RPG’ game which this isn’t, but pretends to be, I expect to get more bad ass over time as compared to my fucking enemies. Maybe I don’t take that fucking difficult mission at the beginning. But I expect to be fucking goddamn Arnold in Commando by the end of the game.

Origins didn’t rubber band level difficulty. Witcher doesn’t. And RDR2 certainly doesn’t.

I'm at 70 and I can lay waste to people at will. Specs matter, too.

I'm at 70 and I can lay waste to people at will. Specs matter, too.
Im kind of interested in these AC games but they just seem like mediocre numbers game. The bigger number wins regardless, and a bunch of high numbers everywhere to force you to buy the shit their peddling. Maybe im wrong but after AC 2 and AC Brotherhood, the series went to shit. But I am interested in the story potion of the game.

AC4 was essentially a pirates game, AC 3 was hot garbage. AC 2 is one of my favourite games, mainly due to the narrative, characters and Ezio, and I knew back then the combat wouldnt hold up in the future but they improved it in ACB.

Are the new ones worth it? Unity bit me, I couldnt even play that garbage for more than an hour.

Also anyone with a swtich get drifting issues with the joycons? These things are new, there shouldnt be a problem but apparently a quick google search showed that there seems to be a design issue. A few dust particles and your stick is going left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back