What are Stephen King's best books?

The problem with King, is his attitude to writing seems to be 'throw enough shit at the wall and some will stick'. Quantity over quality.

He's done some brilliant stuff and some absolute tripe. I got given one of his newer books around this time last year. Can't even remember the name. Was about a woman who's author husband has died, and was probably the most boring thing I've ever read in my entire life.

You are talking about Lisy’s Story.

Read The Dead Zone recently for the first time, thought it was great. Need to check out the movie!

The audio book is read by James Franco. He does a pretty good job and brings the character to life

IT, The Shining and my favourite that I've read of his is Pet Semetary.

The Stand,The Running Man,and the first four Dark Tower books are my faves off the top of my head.

I love the Running Man movie,but it aint shit compared to the book.

20 years ago i read most of them. i remember really liking thinner and the dark half

I actually skipped ahead to Night Flier and was a little disappointed with it. Dolan’s Cadillac on the other hand was amazing. Forget about Gerald’s Game as that was kind of when King was in a slump. Full Dark is up there with his best work IMO.

Full dark had two really good stories in 1922 and big driver. Both movies now. 1922 was creepy af. Big driver was a rape revenge fantasy that was tough to read-my wife could not do it. The other two stories were very forgettable. But 1922 is one of the creepier reads imo.

I think The Stand and then Salems lot. I like all his books though. The Stand was one of the best books I have ever read, cept for the hand of God ending. So 99/100?

If you like the stand, try Robert mccammon’s swan song, which constantly battles with the stand for my top 3 or 4 books ever. They are very similar in overall plot, but mccammon’s take is more horror while the stand seems more bleak and about survival.

Also, try Justin cronin’s the passage-the stand with vampires.

yea, but real soon i am gonna be thinner. my dark half is probably here to stay though

Getting old sucks. When I wake up, it takes me a few minutes to be able to Stand, especially after Doctor sleep aka ambien, and careful to be quiet to not wake my Sleeping beauties or my Bag of bones next to me. IT sucks getting old

Getting old sucks. When I wake up, it takes me a few minutes to be able to Stand, especially after Doctor sleep aka ambien, and careful to be quiet to not wake my Sleeping beauties or my Bag of bones next to me. IT sucks getting old
sounds like you might have take one too many of those ambien. or confused it with some other meds

The ending to the dark tower will fuck with your head.

Currently reading IT now and nearly finished. Next will be the stand. Im on a Steven King binge atm

Full dark had two really good stories in 1922 and big driver. Both movies now. 1922 was creepy af. Big driver was a rape revenge fantasy that was tough to read-my wife could not do it. The other two stories were very forgettable. But 1922 is one of the creepier reads imo.

I didn’t care for 1922. Big Driver, Fair Extension, and A Good Marriage were all phenomenal imo.

I finished up Eyes of the Dragon the other day. Solid 8/10 book that was unlike any other King I have read.

I started The Stand and am about 100 pages deep. This books gonna take awhile with the length and the small text. It’s really good so far and is just building up. I want to read all the Dark Tower related books before I start the series.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back