What an excellent performance by RDA in Singapore

I have nothing bad to say about RDA but what i saw was more a terrible performance by Tarec. He's always pretty gun shy anyway but that performance was bad.

I know the heat was crazy for everyone that night though.

gsp_performance-1.png

That fight included WAY too many 50/50 wild punching exchanges. For a guy as technical and skilled as RDA, I'd rather not see him lobbing leaping, mid-air bombs. He gets cracked too frequently by throwing caution to the wind.

He made a fine showing against a fairly game Tarec. Although, I'd argue Tarec is no longer a UFC caliber welterweight and is likely getting scuttled. Most lightweight fighters would lose to Tarec though, RDA looked like he belonged.

Long term I think he needs to make some adjustments to his game to be successful. His fighting style won't translate well against the bigger, stronger, more physical guys.
This.

I'm a big fan of RDA, and a win is a win, specially because he was making his debut in a higher division against a ranked opponent... that said, I think he needs to change his style a little. His grappling pressure style worked fine against Pettis who is a small LW, but I think it won´t work so much against these bigger stronger guys.

I would actually love to see him back training with master Cordeiro and focus on his Muay Thai, like he was doing.
giphy.gif

It was a good WW debut for him imo. Tarec was the bigger fighter and had the reach advantage and RDA showed that the size advantage won't matter.

I'm anxious to see who he fights next.

actually I was expecting more by RDA,cant say that I am impressed.

he gassed in the 2nd round.
he was not explosive like he usualy is and it seems lke he lost his interest

One of my favorite fighters for sure. Looking forward to what he can do at WW.

I'd like to see RDA vs Cerrone/Lawler winner.
RDA looked pretty good, but I feel it's too soon for RDA to fight the winner of Lawler/Cerrone. He had a really solid debut against The Sponge but Tarec hasn't looked great in a while. RDA is elite for sure, maybe give him one more fight to settle.

Gunnar/Ponz winner would be cool.

RDA has been a top p4p fighter for years. His recent losses mean nothing to me. The guy is excellent everywhere. Probably the most complete active fighter out there

Imo is was a great WW debut against a bigger, tough guy. Not mind blowing, but very solid, too many Sherdoggers expect the world and get pissy if it isn't a flying scissor kick KO within 10 seconds.

He looked decent. His style relies on being a bully. He looked too small out there. Rda vs Magny would be hilarious.

I agree. I think he should be top 10 on the current P4P list. His only weakness is that he does get cracked a lot, and doesn't exactly have an iron chin. I still think he's a threat to anyone at 155 or 170.
Actually has an iron chin, Clay Guida made sure of that.

Serious note; Pettis managed to crack him and did not inch, Alvarez cracked him and wobbled him but he never quit.

I have faith in his chin, might be different with the extra 15 pounds behind those punches though, looking forward to finding that out.

Rda always been a warrior. He threw some wild punches to close the distance tho, his boxing didn't look very good yesterday. Rest of the performance was great, against one of the best technical fighters in mma in regards to the standup and with elite TDD too.

Meh, he looked more or less like he always does but Tarec is not a good indicator of how far he can go in the division.

Tarec gassed after about 3 minutes of clinching and then gave up. Not sure if he was injured or what but it was lacklustre as fuck.

P.s. yes I had money on Tarec and he disappointed me with that shithouse performance

That fight included WAY too many 50/50 wild punching exchanges. For a guy as technical and skilled as RDA, I'd rather not see him lobbing leaping, mid-air bombs. He gets cracked too frequently by throwing caution to the wind.

He made a fine showing against a fairly game Tarec. Although, I'd argue Tarec is no longer a UFC caliber welterweight and is likely getting scuttled. Most lightweight fighters would lose to Tarec though, RDA looked like he belonged.

Long term I think he needs to make some adjustments to his game to be successful. His fighting style won't translate well against the bigger, stronger, more physical guys.

He's been losing his technique lately ever since he left Kings MMA.

One of my favorite fighters for sure. Looking forward to what he can do at WW.

I'd like to see RDA vs Cerrone/Lawler winner.

Poor Donald. RDA already smashed him twice.

Rda vs Coby ia the fight i want. Just to stfu coby

He looked much healthier to me. He was throwing a lot of wild haymakers tho. His punches and kicks to the body were spot on tho. Glad he won, interested to see his next fight. Would like to see him tighten his punches back up tho.

It was a good WW debut for him imo. Tarec was the bigger fighter and had the reach advantage and RDA showed that the size advantage won't matter.

I'm anxious to see who he fights next.
Hopefully Lombard. Or Matt Brown

Need to watch this one, kinda mad i missed it.

Back