What an excellent performance by RDA in Singapore

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
RDA has become one of the most skilled fighters in MMA. He does everything well. No tentativeness, always moving forward. Hopefully we'll see him fighting for the WW title.

giphy.gif

One of my favorite fighters for sure. Looking forward to what he can do at WW.

I'd like to see RDA vs Cerrone/Lawler winner.

I agree. I think he should be top 10 on the current P4P list. His only weakness is that he does get cracked a lot, and doesn't exactly have an iron chin. I still think he's a threat to anyone at 155 or 170.

I agree. I think he should be top 10 on the current P4P list. His only weakness is that he does get cracked a lot, and doesn't exactly have an iron chin. I still think he's a threat to anyone at 155 or 170.

He was taking shots well in this fight. I'm more worried about his cauliflower ear exploding tbh. In the interview you could see that one of his ears is almost shut. He should take care of that with a plastic surgeon or something of the sort.

I'm just glad to see this trend of fighters going up in weight and being successful.

That fight included WAY too many 50/50 wild punching exchanges. For a guy as technical and skilled as RDA, I'd rather not see him lobbing leaping, mid-air bombs. He gets cracked too frequently by throwing caution to the wind.

He made a fine showing against a fairly game Tarec. Although, I'd argue Tarec is no longer a UFC caliber welterweight and is likely getting scuttled. Most lightweight fighters would lose to Tarec though, RDA looked like he belonged.

Long term I think he needs to make some adjustments to his game to be successful. His fighting style won't translate well against the bigger, stronger, more physical guys.

He looked pretty good. Physically he looks better and healthier at 170 but his power and strength didnt translate near as well there. Tarec offered pretty good resistance and hes not even that good.

Good debut at welterweight. Time and more fights will tell how well he fits in. Moving up in weight removes one danger (drastic weight cuts) while adding another (fighting bigger guys who are still making drastic weight cuts). I hope he finds success like Cerrone has.

One of my favorite fighters for sure. Looking forward to what he can do at WW.

I'd like to see RDA vs Cerrone/Lawler winner.
If it's Cerrone, the result will likely be the same. Unfortunately for Cerrone, the formula for beating him has been written. Fortunately for him, not everyone is good at attacking the body.

That fight included WAY too many 50/50 wild punching exchanges. For a guy as technical and skilled as RDA, I'd rather not see him lobbing leaping, mid-air bombs. He gets cracked too frequently by throwing caution to the wind.

He made a fine showing against a fairly game Tarec. Although, I'd argue Tarec is no longer a UFC caliber welterweight and is likely getting scuttled. Most lightweight fighters would lose to Tarec though, RDA looked like he belonged.

Long term I think he needs to make some adjustments to his game to be successful. His fighting style won't translate well against the bigger, stronger, more physical guys.
Pretty crazy how fast he went downhill. He's spent most of his UFC career injured and even when he has made it to the fights, has never looked like he did in strikeforce.

Huge RDA fan, there are trying to rebuild him like Hendricks by fighting smaller fighters of their respective divisions.
I think RDA will go a lot further though, he looks strong and healthy at 170. Have him fight Gunnar!

Saffiedine is a tough fight for anyone. I was surprised RDA won that fight tbh, but its cool to see how far he can go at WW.

The fact that he was able to look good against Tarec says a lot. No one looks good against him.

*cue the RoryMac gif*

On a show that had lots of fighters coming off recent 0-3 and 0-4 records, it kind of got lost how important that win for RDA was.

ferguson isnt even on the p4p list. Not to mention the top 12 are all champs except for Aldo.

Did OK against a solid WW, having said that....WTF with the illegal knee? Tarec waved his hand to the ref and he didnt noticed it.

Back