What a strange world we live in that Anderson Silva is only a -125 fave to Uriah Hall

Yeah, so many events . . . so many new guys . . . so many fucking fights canceled or postponed due to injury . . . so many immediate rematches . . . so many interim belts. . . So many reasons that I am just not the fan that I used to be.

I also think a lack of any real competition is having an effect as well. For the longest time you had the UFC/Pride rivalry (though admittedly I only caught the tail end of that). And then you had that period where there were these upstarts like EliteXC, Affliction and Strikeforce (their MMA division, at least) and that all added some spice to the situation.

Coker's doing some interesting things with Bellator, which is nice considering Bellator was a fucking boring organization under Bjorn. So maybe that will really turn into something cool. But WSOF I basically view as a non-entity. And beyond those two, there's really nothing happening.

Funny enough I used to watch Bellator way more often than I do now lol. The freakshow fights with Shamrock and Kimbo headlining cards, and the elimination of tournaments have kind of taken what used to be a really nice change of pace, and turned it into just another promotion with, overall, a lesser talent pool.

I try to keep up on WSOF, but I end up missing it alot of the time(probably because they don't do a whole lot of promoting their cards, so I don't even know I've missed one most of the time until after it's over and done with).

Im surprised he's that much of a favourite.

Happens to everyone. Unless you retire at 33 like GSP. Dan Henderson was never knocked out for like 10 years, now he gets KO'd all the time. Honestly, he's not what he was. But he still looks good for a 40 year old fighter. I think he's accomplished so much, he doesn't have the motivation or focus anymore. He's just playing around. He can still give any top MW a run for their money.

I don't think it's only that, Hall is also extremely suspect, and had let fighters with fat inferior technique beat him easily. One fight he just retreated for the rounds, never seen anything like it.

I would say 4-1 is more like it, -400, in American. Not a huge undervalued bet.

I wonder if Bisping fans are being on Hall out of spite.

Hall's consistency and mental game is suspect. His ability is not. Anderson is without question on the way down and out. This shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

Silva got robbed in the Bisping fight, he looked like his former self. His movement may have lost a step or two but he still was lethal on the feet. The fight could have easily been stopped when he knocked him down with that knee too. He isnt the fighter he once was, but he can still hang with the top guys imo.
You mean the knee where Bisbing was standing still looking at the ref? Was definitely his best strike of fight. Not really lethal.

Funny enough I used to watch Bellator way more often than I do now lol. The freakshow fights with Shamrock and Kimbo headlining cards, and the elimination of tournaments have kind of taken what used to be a really nice change of pace, and turned it into just another promotion with, overall, a lesser talent pool.

The tournament thing was an interesting idea but I think it got played out. And more than that, I thought the actual production was just bland.

I'll be the first to admit that I want to be entertained. I'm not a huge stickler for the "purity" of the sport. Just fucking entertain me. And I think Coker is trying to do exactly that, not only with his freakshow matches, but also with the overall production of the show, such as the flashy entrances.

When I go back and watch the old Pride stuff, with the crazy ass announcer and the bombastic pageantry, I know I'm watching something special and I know I'm watching something that we just don't have today.

Anderson is a fucking old man. Jesus give him a break. The guy is 40 fighting a guy in his prime.

The tournament thing was an interesting idea but I think it got played out. And more than that, I thought the actual production was just bland.

I'll be the first to admit that I want to be entertained. I'm not a huge stickler for the "purity" of the sport. Just fucking entertain me. And I think Coker is trying to do exactly that, not only with his freakshow matches, but also with the overall production of the show, such as the flashy entrances.

When I go back and watch the old Pride stuff, with the crazy ass announcer and the bombastic pageantry, I know I'm watching something special and I know I'm watching something that we just don't have today.

i'm all for entertainment, but for me that always came second to good fights. I don't even care as much about name recognition as I do about good fights. For me, Bellator hasn't been delivering those as much under Coker. But then again I also realize I, and people like me, like us, make up such a small part of the target audience that it isn't even worth appealing to us because we'll probably watch anyway.

i'm all for entertainment, but for me that always came second to good fights. I don't even care as much about name recognition as I do about good fights. For me, Bellator hasn't been delivering those as much under Coker. But then again I also realize I, and people like me, like us, make up such a small part of the target audience that it isn't even worth appealing to us because we'll probably watch anyway.

Indeed.

Well hey dude, stop by Mayberry sometime. And hit me up with a PM every once in a while and let me know what's going on with you.

Just a few years ago sherdog.net didn't have a like button or alerts. Things change. Get over it.

It's all about that timing!

In reel estate they call it location

In the fight game it's called it timing

We'll be can win convincingly and let the world know he's not a faded, past his prime, off his roids, chinny, or whatever reasons people and bookmakers have to short change him.

He used to be great, now he's mediocre and getting worse each fight.

I guess the folks in Vegas saw his last dance, er ... fight.

Hall's consistency and mental game is suspect. His ability is not. Anderson is without question on the way down and out. This shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

I'd say both are suspect with their consistency and mental game.

But Hall will need his best yet performance to beat Anderson. If they both look same as their last fight, Anderson wins a decision.

I'd say both are suspect with their consistency and mental game.

But Hall will need his best yet performance to beat Anderson. If they both look same as their last fight, Anderson wins a decision.

I do not agree whatsoever.

FIghters get old.

To quote many a forum d-bag "is normal".

Back