What a strange world we live in that Anderson Silva is only a -125 fave to Uriah Hall

really? Im going to throw some money on Urijah.... if he even clips Anderson its game over imo

He shouldn't even be a favorite to be honest.

I just can't imagine a guy who lost to Rafael fucking Natal beating Anderson Silva, and I like Urijah too.

You should come to the Mayberry. Much better discussion going on there.

War Room has its purposes, too.

Everytime I check those sections it's all beer and coffee, and which celebrity's ass hangs out the most, and a thread about accidental anal or some shit?

Shit is too weird for me. I'm only in it for the mma discussion anyway.

Everytime I check those sections it's all beer and coffee, and which celebrity's ass hangs out the most, and a thread about accidental anal or some shit?

Shit is too weird for me. I'm only in it for the mma discussion anyway.

That sounds more like the OT.

Mayberry is mostly movies/TV, music, current events, and assorted other random shit.

War Room is mostly politics.

really? Im going to throw some money on Urijah.... if he even clips Anderson its game over imo

And so it was that MayhemMonkey919 decided to go the way of the late JagWar.

I feel like we're witnessing the birth of something akin to Dante's descent, except more sad, and far less important.

Well he just lost to Bisping and Hall KTFO Moose so it makes sense. Bookies aren't trying to give money away.

That sounds more like the OT.

Mayberry is mostly movies/TV, music, current events, and assorted other random shit.

War Room is mostly politics.

I'll check it out sometime, even if the name reminds me of that episode of the Mayhem Show:

It's not strange when you realize one guy is 40 years old and 40 fights deep, yet continues to fight despite diminished physical attributes, a faded chin and isn't nearly as confident in his ability as he once was.

But yeah... It's a strange world.
Faded chin? got tko'd once..

I'll check it out sometime, even if the name reminds me of that episode of the Mayhem Show:

Honestly my interest in MMA has diminished a lot. I skip events a lot more than I used to and when I do watch it's usually just the main card. And while I'm on Sherdog every day, I spent almost no time here in the F2 anymore.

We saw what happens when Anderson isn't allowed to roid, he gets dropped by Bisping and loses to him.

I'm surprised he is even the favourite at this point, Hall will probably kill him.

Honestly my interest in MMA has diminished a lot. I skip events a lot more than I used to and when I do watch it's usually just the main card. And while I'm on Sherdog every day, I spent almost no time here in the F2 anymore.

I still watch pretty much every card. I have skipped a couple of the fightpass only cards, because fuck a subscription when there are like 40+ cards on FS1/Fox a year this year.

I can't say I necessarily love the heavies, but you can still find tons of worthwhile discussion here. Just got to know what to look for and get out while the gettin's good. Treat this place like high stakes poker and you'll be fine.

I don't think that the Bisping v Andersson fight is very telling of Andersson vs Hall at all.

Bisping has that hyperactive, feint-heavy, peppering style that gives primmed counterstrikers like Andersson the fits. Fighters like Silva relly on getting their opponents timming and mannerism down, which is hard to do against a guy like Bisping.

Hall meanwhile, is all power. He does big, explosive, ostentatious moves. There are none of the feints or hyperactivity that stunted Silva against Bisping and made him unsure of his timming.

Sure, Uriah speed and power may catch him with something. But I for one think that Andersson will feel far more comfortable against Uriah in the cage than he did vs Bisping.

Seriously, just a few years ago could anyone have guessed that we would see this day?

And that's not to take anything away from Hall, who is a solid if imperfect fighter. It's just that a few years ago Anderson Silva, one of the very best fighters to have ever lived, would've chewed up a guy like Hall as if he was a light appetizer.

We've seen some pretty big falls from grace in this sport, but Anderson's is near the top. It was almost as if he became half the fighter over night.
Nope if anything it's better. I wish they had him as a underdog. Money to be made on these fights.

It's not strange when you realize one guy is 40 years old and 40 fights deep, yet continues to fight despite diminished physical attributes, a faded chin and isn't nearly as confident in his ability as he once was.

Even then, he's 40 years old and still a very effective striker, particularly when he lets loose. Striking seems to fall off the fastest with age, compared to other styles too.

When a guy is 37 in a professional sport, no one should be shocked by a big fall off 2-3 years later. Guys usually don't come down that slowly. Injuries and diminishing athleticism usually pile up fast.

I still watch pretty much every card. I have skipped a couple of the fightpass only cards, because fuck a subscription when there are like 40+ cards on FS1/Fox a year this year.

I can't say I necessarily love the heavies, but you can still find tons of worthwhile discussion here. Just got to know what to look for and get out while the gettin's good. Treat this place like high stakes poker and you'll be fine.

Funny thing is, I actually DO have Fight Pass. I figure at only $10 a month I'll keep it around. It comes in handy sometimes.

I think the problem is that MMA is just starting to bore me a little. Honestly, I feel like it's a story that never changes. Just kind of the same template over and over.

I'll put it this way: If I was running at 100% as a fan during the IWS days, right now I'm probably around 50%. So, still interested, still follow it, still watch . . . but not with the intensity that I used to.

I don't think it's only that, Hall is also extremely suspect, and has let fighters with far inferior technique beat him easily. One fight he just retreated for the rounds, never seen anything like it.

I would say 4-1 is more like it, -400, in American. Not a huge undervalued bet.

I wonder if Bisping fans are betting on Hall out of spite.

Last edited:
before the knee where bisping was distracted complaining to ref, anderson silva was getting hurt by michael bisping punches.

Funny thing is, I actually DO have Fight Pass. I figure at only $10 a month I'll keep it around. It comes in handy sometimes.

I think the problem is that MMA is just starting to bore me a little. Honestly, I feel like it's a story that never changes. Just kind of the same template over and over.

I'll put it this way: If I was running at 100% as a fan during the IWS days, right now I'm probably around 50%. So, still interested, still follow it, still watch . . . but not with the intensity that I used to.

I'd say during IWS I was at a 10, nowadays I'm at about an 8 or so. I don't feel like MMA is boring me, I do feel, though, that the massive influx of fighters has started to overwhelm me just a little bit. There are times in the last year where I've read a fighter's name(who may even have had 2-4 fights in the UFC already) and I literally have no idea who they are. Plus it kind of blows watching some of my favorites get brained because they don't have anything else.

I'd say during IWS I was at a 10, nowadays I'm at about an 8 or so. I don't feel like MMA is boring me, I do feel, though, that the massive influx of fighters has started to overwhelm me just a little bit. There are times in the last year where I've read a fighter's name(who may even have had 2-4 fights in the UFC already) and I literally have no idea who they are. Plus it kind of blows watching some of my favorites get brained because they don't have anything else.

Yeah, so many events . . . so many new guys . . . so many fucking fights canceled or postponed due to injury . . . so many immediate rematches . . . so many interim belts. . . So many reasons that I am just not the fan that I used to be.

I also think a lack of any real competition is having an effect as well. For the longest time you had the UFC/Pride rivalry (though admittedly I only caught the tail end of that). And then you had that period where there were these upstarts like EliteXC, Affliction and Strikeforce (their MMA division, at least) and that all added some spice to the situation.

Coker's doing some interesting things with Bellator, which is nice considering Bellator was a fucking boring organization under Bjorn. So maybe that will really turn into something cool. But WSOF I basically view as a non-entity. And beyond those two, there's really nothing happening.

Back