What’s your secret ingredient?

How+bout+a+cockmeat+sandwich+_d1d4a167175c9afe80f3929a1c62ad4a.jpg

Only one ingredient necessary, and it ain't a secret.

A little thyme in chicken dishes.

Here on the Midwest everybody seems knocked over when I cook fish or seafood and use a little Old Bay
Old bay is a classic and very good to boot.

I recently discovered celery seed and it's an amazing addition to most BBQ rubs. Especially if you're going simple with something like salt, pepper, garlic... add in some celery seed and you'll elevate the ever living hell out of that rub.

I've used celery salt, I'll have to try celery seed.

I think the only good advice regarding spices is "use them with a light touch".

I sometimes use a little dill weed and lemon pepper with fish planks
I still believe in fish being fried but I almost exclusively eat walleye and perch. My pops has been turning my fish hating friends into fish lovers with his fried fish for decades now. Just some milk wash, egg wash, and crushed saltine's cooked n butter and garlic.

I've used celery salt, I'll have to try celery seed.

Give it a try and see what you think. I prefer it on beef because it has a strong flavor but my wife and the rest of the family use it on just about everything now.

I still believe in fish being fried but I almost exclusively eat walleye and perch. My pops has been turning my fish hating friends into fish lovers with his fried fish for decades now. Just some milk wash, egg wash, and crushed saltine's cooked n butter and garlic.
My general rule is, nothing after the fry but lemon.
Fish and lemon are weird but great friends.

I've expanded out from lemon to a very small group of other yummy things to add

I LOVE "fish and chips" but I can't eat fish prepared in any manner other than fried. I have tried over the years to acquire a taste for fish but I just can't do it. Of course just about anything deep fried is just fantastic! haha I used to go fishing with my buddy and he used the same exact method for breading you put here, well, no garlic but that would be a welcome addition. We all loved it and it certainly allowed us non-fish-eaters to consume our catch.

I LOVE "fish and chips" but I can't eat fish prepared in any manner other than fried. I have tried over the years to acquire a taste for fish but I just can't do it. Of course just about anything deep fried is just fantastic! haha I used to go fishing with my buddy and he used the same exact method for breading you put here, well, no garlic but that would be a welcome addition. We all loved it and it certainly allowed us non-fish-eaters to consume our catch.
Simple but delicious. Add some diced up onion for a bit of extra flavor.

Depends on the dish but my go-tos are coarse salt, black pepper, lowry's seasoned salt, and lemon pepper.

Paprika, ginger, and cumin are my secret weapons. Any combination of rosemary, thyme, and/or tarragon on beef. Or I just use Montreal when I'm feeling lazy.

Back