What’s the Deal with Unfrosted? -Jerry Seinfeld Movie Netflix

They did take Jerry out in curb, and we were left with george. And George was my fav character. The difference is “george” is now married at least, and has a career.

A show just about George, or any other side character, would never have lasted, or would not have went anywhere. Jerry was the glue.
LD in Curb is much different to George . Not only LD says so it's obvious. LD is confident to a fault, always confronts people while George is the exact opposite. LD is a narcissistic unemphatic cold manipulator doing power moves all the time. George is a neurotic insecure self centered manlet faking it through life. Both are great ( well curb the last two seasons was criminal bad). George is more a Woody Allen type of guy, LD is something entirely different.

Regarding Seinfeld. Just watch his old stand up. It's horrible to out it mild. Cheesy unimaginative boring. But in Seinfeld he really grew into his role and imo by season 3 his acting was fine and his character instrumental. But I will never believe that one sophisticated joke was written by Seinfeld. He just doesn't have that talent

I will never believe that one sophisticated joke was written by Seinfeld. He just doesn't have that talent

All due respect, but you have to know how stupid this sounds. How can you actually believe that one of the all-time great joke writers "doesn't have that talent" of joke writing? There's a reason that Larry was a failed stand-up and Jerry is one of the GOAT stand-ups and the co-creator and star of the GOAT sitcom. Seinfeld without Jerry is Curb Your Enthusiasm: Crazy situations. But Seinfeld without Larry is still Seinfeld: Hilarious character psychology and social commentary. @HenryFlower, when did this ridiculous anti-Jerry thing happen? Because I don't recall hearing this type of nonsense 10-20 years ago.

All due respect, but you have to know how stupid this sounds. How can you actually believe that one of the all-time great joke writers "doesn't have that talent" of joke writing? There's a reason that Larry was a failed stand-up and Jerry is one of the GOAT stand-ups and the co-creator and star of the GOAT sitcom. Seinfeld without Jerry is Curb Your Enthusiasm: Crazy situations. But Seinfeld without Larry is still Seinfeld: Hilarious character psychology and social commentary. @HenryFlower, when did this ridiculous anti-Jerry thing happen? Because I don't recall hearing this type of nonsense 10-20 years ago.
i have no idea. i had no clue until recently there was this faction of bonkers loons running around hating on Jerry in Seinfeld & thinking he’s easily the weakest character. is it because he’s been a bit of a meme at some point in the current social media fueled internet age because of fucking Bee Movie?! as dumb as that sounds, that’s the best theory i’ve got, because i honestly do not know.

i have no idea. i had no clue until recently there was this faction of bonkers loons running around hating on Jerry in Seinfeld & thinking he’s easily the weakest character. is it because he’s been a bit of a meme at some point in the current social media fueled internet age because of fucking Bee Movie?! as dumb as that sounds, that’s the best theory i’ve got, because i honestly do not know.

It also seems to have some roots in the Larry David/Curb Your Enthusiasm fanbase, almost like since Jerry went back to stand-up while Larry made another show it's "proof" that Larry was the real brains of the operation. But leaving aside the fact that Curb is improv and not scripted, and that the best season is the Seinfeld reunion season for obvious reasons, it's like how people used to think that Ben Affleck had nothing to do with Good Will Hunting.

In the early days, Larry and Jerry wrote every script, every line, together. It wasn't Larry's mad genius behind the scenes and then Jerry just delivering his lines when the cameras rolled. And all seven seasons that they did the show together, they went over every single line of every single script together. As Jerry himself explained, "The show was successful because I micromanaged it—every word, every line, every take, every edit, every casting. That’s my way of life."

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong.

And like always we get called haters . It's so lame and retarded. It's the new " oh my feelings are hurt I have to lash out" I supported my pov with arguments. Jerry on his own has had atrocious stand up . Watch his stuff pre Seinfeld. I watched and suffered through it. It's stale, absolute non of the attraction of Seinfeld. Then look at LD Stand up and writers jobs before.

I do like Jerry as a person a lot. He calls out bullshit in a second .

Jerry on his own has had atrocious stand up [...] Then look at LD Stand up and writers jobs before.

Are you really not kidding with this? How many times was Larry David on Carson? How many specials did he release? How many shows did he sell out? And writing jobs? You mean SNL where he managed to get a whopping one sketch on the air in a year? Or are you referring to the unforgettable Lifetime variety talk show with Joy Behar that he wrote on? Larry was nothing and had nothing before Seinfeld.

Regarding Jerry's stand-up, here's a random Carson set of Jerry's pre-Seinfeld that's gold, baby. And if you know anything about Seinfeld, you'll be able to spot a bunch of jokes in this set that wound up in the show to which Jerry apparently didn't contribute any jokes.

If you're not trolling then you just have no clue what you're talking about.

I’ve watched Seinfeld twenty times over. My all-time favorite sitcom. And I’m always surprised when people say Jerry himself was the weak link.

Saying Jerry was the weakest actor of the main four just seems obvious and he probably would have said it himself. But that’s not a knock to him. It just speaks to how great Alexander, Dreyfus, and Richards were. So I’m not questioning people saying he’s number 4 among the leads but I dispute the notion that he wasn’t a great part of the show.

Almost all the interactions between Jerry and George are priceless. And as funny as George is, Jerry egging him on, feeding his preoccupations and pettiness made it that much funnier.

“Well if he didn’t take the raisins, who did?
“That’s what I’m trying to find out..”

“imagine her taking credit for your Big Salad.

More than that, his delivery was often hilarious. Take one of my favorite of those George/Jerry moments. George is desperate to get out of his relationship with Susan while they are working on the NBC pilot..

“She has a huge crush on David Letterman. She talks about him all the time. He works for NBC. I work for NBC. Let’s say I bump into David Letterman. I tell him my situation. He agrees to meet Susan. They fall madly in love and Susan leaves me for David Letterman.”

“And this is your plan.”

“No, no im just thinking.”

“I don’t think you are.”- line deliveries like that were classic Jerry. And they always made me laugh.

Factor in that Kramer as zany and hilarious as he was often had great exchanges with Jerry, too. Honestly, I feel like 9/10 of Kramer’s scenes were with Jerry. Could you imagine that character working if Jerry wasn’t part of the series and it was just George, Elaine, Kramer and the supporting cast. The dynamic between Elaine and Jerry was great as well. The overall quality of the show benefited from that dynamic between characters and Jerry was integral in that regard.
This.

To me, his comedy chops and just the volume and the years and what he's accomplished, ya have to acknowledge and give dues and respect. This frosted thing looks funny, i'm in. That said, as a person, can't stand him. I think he's 3/4th of a human due a handful of factors: he doesn't really like people (I give him that), i don't think he's a germaphobe, I think he's a phobe, he's found rarified air and panics when what was it Shakira, who's the girl, comes to give him a hug. The footage of that, ...I can see that happening if you're having a worse day, but this is how you respond to shit on the cuff, I was waiting for him to throw up or call for a hot towel, ..granted, it was impromptu - no prep - no - fore-warning....and that's your bodily response and rapid assessment to that wild spontaneous situation of a bouncy young girl bubbling her way over for a hug, this the guy twirling Shoshana in circles on her ice skates at Rockerfella. To me it's the age old question, can you love the art and not the artist. So that's the big question? The answer is Yes. I don't mean that in every case for everyone, as a WASH, yes. And moreso, now that everything is being thrown in the washing machine of culture today so see what plays out.

This is just a random thought. Think of 5 or 10 of your favorite comedians, and time any era, pick out a few. You're hanging to whatever era, place, specification, their place, your place, the club, spont. roadtrip, your place, your girl their, not a lot a room, camping somewhere. Think of all your comedian choices. Where does Jerry Seinfeld fit in. Are you comfortable at his place. Coffee in cars with a camera and three block. .....A three hour road trip in your ride, ...his ride, a third party's ride.

Again, put Robin Wms, Belushi, Steve Martin, Steven Wright, Dice, Redd Foxx, Nipsy Russell. I think when the gods were giving out the goodies, they said do you want to be a human being or have the effluvia of comedy surround your name.

I love Seinfeld the show, I'm gonna love the poptart movie, as a person, he's the shit you scrape off your mouth when you sleep with you mouth open. He can see things and find humor, but he's a cardboard human. He's got the humor forumula, but there's no love of the false notes or the try or the genuine chaos. He's a cardboard comedian.

Again, maybe it can be broken down as simple as this: all things being what they are, girl runs up for a hug, tell you you're great, - No no no no no. I don't give a shit what day and age, anyone in that assessment, and as she's talking to him, and their on camera. That's a dick move from the natural dick reaction you set up for yourself. That's who you are. Again, my opinion. I think in that situation, which is on your template apparently, I'd prefer taking the chance of being stabbing 87 times in public to the chance a fan girl saying Oh my God, can I get a hug from you, I'm such a huge fan!

The Series is an all-time classic, it will never grow old. Top ten forever to be see, my opinion.
The Man, even with all the Mr. Potato Head pin-on options, no matter how and what you put where, the smugness and arrogance just drips, Genuine Potato Heads aren't supposed to drip. He's locked into this sense of humor, there's no deviation and the worst thing a comedian can have is he can't take a joke.

Last edited:
Are you really not kidding with this? How many times was Larry David on Carson? How many specials did he release? How many shows did he sell out? And writing jobs? You mean SNL where he managed to get a whopping one sketch on the air in a year? Or are you referring to the unforgettable Lifetime variety talk show with Joy Behar that he wrote on? Larry was nothing and had nothing before Seinfeld.

Regarding Jerry's stand-up, here's a random Carson set of Jerry's pre-Seinfeld that's gold, baby. And if you know anything about Seinfeld, you'll be able to spot a bunch of jokes in this set that wound up in the show to which Jerry apparently didn't contribute any jokes.

If you're not trolling then you just have no clue what you're talking about.

Didnt you call Jerry a GOAT level standup comedian earlier in this thread? I mean...come on now. (Perhaps I misread what you were saying lol)

There are levels and pegs to the game of, (not the big game of these days), but ya know, the big shit doesn't present itself like Taylor Swift shot out of a canon in the middle of an in the round arena (I don't have tickets but saw some clips), ...I'm already feeling the arrows sling by, pew pew pew (not mine), but to me, to ME, Seinfeld the as a whole is amazing, I don't have much to say. I love his show. When I started college, first class I took was "Comedy." (university), she literally said to me, shit you not, across a desk, "What do you think of Seinfeld" (this 92 or3/ O.J.), I said the show or the Man? kind of like a haze of smoke. Seinfeld and Friends was still going on, I can get that in the realz, (didn't say outloud), I was hoping for a little bit more in the screening. One semester, but ubiquitous. What about Cheers, What about Northern Exposure, What about SCTV?

The world is full of comedians. Everyone knows growing up, even the best comedian's in history, almost everyone says, well, know, I'm funny but this guy I saw before me, a guy not here anymore. To where, I feel there are no true comedian, only very funny people pay homage to to the real ones somewhere, touching on. That's my thoughts. So, arrogance, smugness, curling up in disdain at a girl coming for a hug. Dood, Dude, Dood, Doo doo, doodoo, dog shit. If you're life's not in danger, you're on camera, the world is watching, your reflex is repulsive. It's fine, we're not a a foxhole together, lights and cameras, There was actual conversation for an apologetic hug. You're a prick.

Because Jerry sucks. He owes his entire career to Larry David.

Jerry is simply an ok stand up and a pretty terrible actor.

There's more to comedy than doing stand-up. Larry David was terrible at stand-up - apparently on more than one occasion he walked off the stage a few minutes into a set because the audience wasn't laughing.

""What is that? Where'd you hear that? .....What could be more arrogant than praying to find your car keys to the God who didn't stop the Holocaust."

What is Comedy? What is the definition? Someone is smug and secure and you tie a balloon together in conversation suddenly a shit pie is introduced into what you're weaving, and you wonder, surely this ain't for me, I've done my shit to the t's.

Seinfeld was fekkin magic!

I've lost my bone for most comedy but old South Park, Seinfeld and Chapelle still hold the candle for me. I'm actually getting a groove for some comedy based flicks again and re-watching some of the older shit has been key.

It was an epic time to be watching.

<RomeroSalute>

Didnt you call Jerry a GOAT level standup comedian earlier in this thread? I mean...come on now. (Perhaps I misread what you were saying lol)
Well, he definitely has the status. A lot of people will call him "safe", or a comedy act you can take your grandmother to, but that's not necessarily a bad thing and doesn't change his status. It's all subjective as to how funny you find his act, but his act has been selling out for decades, and he's highly respected by his peers for his joke crafting and effortless delivery. I personally find his act a little too...err..."traditional", but there's a HUGE audience for it, and he knocks them dead every time out.

Back