Werdum Asks for Titleshot After Beating Harris and Tybura

Did Werdum's wins over Harris and Tybura earn him another titleshot?

• Total voters
Werdum deserves the title shot after that boomerang tko.

I said hell yeah! that's a fun rematch after Werdum pretty much threw his belt @Stipe with that mad bull rushing.

Cabbage should get the next title shot.

If anyone should get a re-match, it's Reem...

Can't blame WerduRang for trying though...

He also has pending assault chargez that need to play out.

Would be best if Cain can make it back so we can see a fresh matchup.
Cain?

TKhTXfH.gif

I’d be all for it if he wasn’t so fragile.

really think it should be Werdum vs Volkov next. Francis vs Alistair winner deserves a TS. You can't justify giving it to Werdum over Alistair considering Overeem won the fight between them not too long ago.
Makes sense

Former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum just fought at UFC 216 last October to make quick work of unranked Walt Harris. On Saturday night at Sydney, he managed to keep himself in the winning track by winning a decision verdict over Marcin Tybura.

. . .

Tybura, from his end, landed some significant strikes, but it was Werdum put on a more dominant performance. The Brazilian also had his moments where he had the opportunity to finish the fight on the ground, but they were all too late in the round.

. . .

Where do these two go from here?

As Werdum pointed out, Tybura at 32 years of age still has a lot of fights ahead of him. He is ranked at the top ten at the heavyweight division, and while this loss is a minor setback, a few wins against other ranked opponents can get back on track.

Now on a two-fight win "streak," Werdum is calling for another shot at the title. While it is within reason, I personally would like to see him fight another younger and dangerous opponent, and a win would definitely solidify his spot as the next contender for the belt. If he survives against Alistair Overeem at UFC 218, I think Francis Ngannou would be that opponent for “Vai Cavalo.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...cio-werdum-marcin-tybura-heavyweight-mma-news

I disagree with you.
Werdum had to switch opponents in the last second, and still made a short fight against Harris.
And he then accepted a new fight with short/no camp against the ranked #8 in the world.

You are dismissing those wins like he fought cans... I disagree with you.
AO might deserve it more, but there would be no problem for Werdum to sit and be the next contender.
He already earned his title shot.... only it will be after AO (or instead of AO if AO loses).

YES

The issue is that Reem/ Ngannou is in Dec and the winner of that probably won't be ready for a few months after that (more if they take a lot of damage, which is possible considering Reem and Ngannou have a lot of power).

So in the meantime give Werdum the TS to prevent the division from stalling.
That ship has sailed.

Stipe fought once in the last 14 months. And he is currently in a contract standoff/holdout with the UFC.

The last HW title fight was a rematch and if ngannou doesn't beat Reem then the next HW title fight will be a rematch of someone who already got stopped convincingly against the champ (although Reem claims Stipe taps first so there's that)

The division is pretty stale already if you ask me.

Nah...he needs to beat Blaydes, Ngannou/Overeem loser and Volkov first. :D

I would be ok with it.

Also be ok if Reem/Ngannou winner gets it.

Werdum also defeated Colby via boomerang strike, i think he deserves a titleshot

UFC has enough problems, it doesn’t need a bigoted homophobe champ that attacks people half his size because he gets his feelings hurt.

The irony. You talking about Werdum getting his feelings hurt while complaining that he's a homophobe and will hurt people's feelings

no one deserves the next hw title shot but everyone else deserves it even less than Werdum.

That's a funny poll, because those wins aren't worthy of a title shot, but on the other hand - Werdum is worthy of a title shot regardless of those wins, for actually beating Robbereem (the judges from the bizzaro world disagree of course, but fuck em).

I wouldn't be opposed to a Stipe/Werdum rematch at all. In fact, I think it's a super fun stylistic match-up as long as both guys fight to their own strengths (I'm looking at you, Fabricio).

That being said, I don't think Werdum is deserving of a title shot over the Overeem/Ngannou winner, though I'm less enthusiastic about seeing either guy match up against Stipe.

I admit it's strange to want to see a rematch over a fresh opponent like Francis, but hey, that's intuition for ya. Not on board with the Ngannou hype train just yet, though I've only seen each of his fights just once, which often is not enough for me to form an optimistic opinion about someone's potential.

Last edited:
Werdum is one of my favourites, but no way he can claim a title shot over the winner Overeem/Ngannou, unless both of them are so broken after their fight that it would imply a very long recovery time

I’d say the Reem - Ngannou winner should be before Werdum

Back