Weight divisions aren't necessary to ensure fair fights

If only we had a way to match fighters up based on similar size..... like their weight???

Somehow we're going to use the eyeball test to more accurately judge size. Let's have George Roop fight Hector Lombard, that should go well.

Even in an open-ended competition that was completely devoid of any weight classes, you readily admit that the (vast) majority of fights would still be contested between people of a similar weight - So what's the point of even getting rid of them? And what name would you use to label a multiple number of championships without weight divisions?

It'd be a total WWE situation, where you'd have one definitive 'world' title, and a whole bunch of lesser ones. And that world championship would pretty much be for the Light Heavyweights and Heavyweights of the world since they'd be seen as the 'best' (i.e. the biggest, strongest, and most dominant) fighters in a sport with no weight restrictions, whereas all the other ones would be contested between smaller guys who simply were too little to hang with the bigger men.

In a sense, you'd be saying fuck P4P rankings, let's just see who the baddest man on the planet is and judge a fighters' total abilities based on that. Boo.

I just don't understand how it doesn't create an obscene amount of titles.

Let's say there's A, B, and C. All champs, all close in size. Now let's say A beats B and C. A now has 3 titles. There's no point in him having 3 belts, because then there would just be continuous triple champions. So no the belts previously owned by B and C don't exist. But you can't have fewer belts, because why would anyone of a different size from the champ continue to fight. So now you have to give out new belts. Do B and C get to fight for one of those because they were former champs? If so, what was the point of them fighting A?
we can have 30 weight divisions..30 belts and 30 soap operas that go on in each division...win
.win..

I'm not going to lie. I started reading the initial post and thought it was fucking dumb. I didn't want to stop and not give ts a fair shot.

I continued reading and realized ts suffers from Down syndrome. We should all congratulate ts for making it here and making a thread.
You ran before our argument even began.
If only we had a way to match fighters up based on similar size..... like their weight???
Which leads to weight cutting, which is the problem my idea is designed to solve.

Back