Weidman vs. Rockhold

Griffo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I think both fighters are the future of the middleweight division and I expect them to fight more than once in their careers. This is a fight I would love to see but the questions I ask are...

Who would win now?

Who will develop into the better fighter in the future?

Bad match up for Rockhold. He's like a better Bisping. He would be dominated in the ground and Weidman would get an UD.

They can fight each other in a couple months, when they'll both be coming off losses.

I see as equal to Bisping. Rockhold has never impressed me. Not that he cares what I think.

would love this fight. was hoping when Rockhold came over they matched them up, but Weidman got his title shot.

I think Weidman would win now and Weidman will end up being the better fighter. The wrestling sets him apart.

I think Weidman would win now and Weidman will end up being the better fighter. The wrestling sets him apart.

This, Jacare was able to takedown Rockhold more than once in their fight(not saying Jacares wrestling is bad as it's actually really good but Weidmans IMO is better) and Weidmans stand-up at this point is probably good enough to hang with Rockhold standing up.

Rockhold is no slouch when it comes to grappling, he did fine against Jacare.

This is what my thought process was before making the thread

This is a great fight. I'd go with Weidman, but I think a lot of people are underestimating Rockhold a lot

I think in terms of striking, he may actually hold the advantage in diversity of striking, but he would be less powerful and only equally technical

he'd definately have the wrestling disadvantage, but he's also a very experienced grappler, so I don't see him having to many problems on the ground with Weidman

Rockhold's boxing is poor, Weidman gets him down and puts him to sleep

I'm not understanding the Weidman hype. Who has he beaten other than a broken Munoz and a bloated MW Maia?

Rockhold by UD. His TDD is good, and when he does go down, he pops right back up. Also, his footwork looks allot nicer than Weidmans. He should be able to avoid the power, and point himself to a victory.

This Weidman hype is way out of control. The only reason he has a title shot is because no one else has been on a win streak.

The way I see it.

Weidman is Rockhold's biggest problem in the division.

Rockhold is Weidman's biggest problem in the division.

We will see what happens by the end of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back