Weidman vs. Rockhold

Good idea, because of my bias never even considered this match up. Weidman would have to prove he can take punch/kick or 2 to deal damage, shoot and submit Rockhold.
Rockhold could do some Machida/Bader shit and use Weidman's strength against him. Rockhold's strength lies in a well-rounded skill set.
While the Strikeforce/UFC matches are fun to finally see, we also get to see the idea of Strikeforce being the B squad is over. I go for champ/champ just like other unifications so far.
Rockhold can round out better. Overall he'salready much more ccomplete and experienced than Weidman.

Last edited:
My gut says Luke, but Weidman has looked more impressive to me.

Weidman/Rockhold is a cool bout. They're both huge, but one is an offensive grappler and the other uses his huge size in reverse Liddell style. I'm not sure who I'd pick in that bout but I think it'd be sweet.

I've got Weidman winning easily, but why does everyone think that Weidmans striking is so great???

Granted its improving fast, and his reach aids him, but other than the one elbow on Munoz, it hasn't been great.

I've got Weidman winning easily, but why does everyone think that Weidmans striking is so great???

Granted its improving fast, and his reach aids him, but other than the one elbow on Munoz, it hasn't been great.

yeah its funny how the Anderson haters jumped on board after that elbow,
its the same story everytime a new contender comes along.

I'd pick Rockhold to beat Weidman, but stylistically, Weidman is a bigger challenge for Anderson Silva. That being said, Silva still smashes both of them.

5 rounder I think Luke can win the late rounds but 3 rounder Weidman by grapple fuck.

Rockhold is great on the ground those of you saying he will be dominated know nothing. That being said it would be a great fight and I totally agree these guys are the future.

They can fight each other in a couple months, when they'll both be coming off losses.

You really think vitor beats rockhold? There is no way maybe you only watch "ufc" and have no idea what mma is or who rockhold is but you will see him run through vitor and hopefully get a tittle shot after. And I wouldnt be surprised if he was fighting weidman for it. And if weidman doesnt beat silva rockhold will he is a verry bad matchup for him, as is weidman.

Back