Weidman could legitimately fight for the belt in a few months

well, we all know whittaker is out till 2018, so there is a 6 month window to fight bisping. he wants GSP, but IF he doesn't get it, then it's all up in the air. take a look at the UFC rankings:

EAl4tiQ.png

so, romero would be the next in line. but you have to take into account that bisping wants anyone but romero. and also, even though they have this kinda heated rivalry, not sure if romero is that popular for the casuals, not sure if the fight in itself would sell well. so he may get passed upon
rockhold is on a loss. his last fight was the disgraceful one that led to all this shit happens, so he couldn't fight for the title. he's now having a tune-up fight
jacaré also just lost, so he's out of the picture, too
then there's the all american. was 0-3 post-USADA (RIP pre-USADA weidman, MW GOAT), finally got a win against an overblown WW (that was looking good, although only fought faded fighters). the UFC COULD make this fight, if GSP isn't available and they decide against romero. also, mousasi is now nowhere to be seen

MW division, what happened to you?
You're taking the rankings too seriously and too literally. #1 ranked fighter =/= #1 contender.

They're just for giving casuals a rough guide for where fighters fall in a division.

Yes, Weidman could fight for the title. Anyone paying attention knew this before he fought Kelvin. And it has nothing to do with rankings.

Its a possibility but knowing Count Duckula he won't accept a top contender

So the only fighters coming off wins in the top 5 are Whittaker and Weidman?

Lol of the top 5 contenders Weidman is the only one who isn't either injured or coming off a loss

Weidman deserves the title shot.

Whittaker wins. Yoel is a cheat. Rockhold needs a win.

The future =
1. Weidman beats Bisping
2. Whittaker beats Weidman
3. Rockhold beats Whittaker
4. Whittaker beats Rockhold
5. Whittaker draw with Rockhold

Weidman deserves the title shot.

Whittaker wins. Yoel is a cheat. Rockhold needs a win.

The future =
1. Weidman beats Bisping
2. Whittaker beats Weidman
3. Rockhold beats Whittaker
4. Whittaker beats Rockhold
5. Whittaker draw with Rockhold

Call me crazy but I don't like Bobby knuckles chances against the chris. Him and rockhold are probably the worst match ups for him

@TheTravelApprentice how long will I be using this shit?
You're taking the rankings too seriously and too literally. #1 ranked fighter =/= #1 contender.

They're just for giving casuals a rough guide for where fighters fall in a division.

Yes, Weidman could fight for the title. Anyone paying attention knew this before he fought Kelvin. And it has nothing to do with rankings.
of course it has also to do with rankings. if he had fallen below top 10 (well, at this point he would probably be on bellator), how he would fight for the belt? not even the UFC would pull shenanigans as bad as this

Call me crazy but I don't like Bobby knuckles chances against the chris. Him and rockhold are probably the worst match ups for him
Just depends. If Weidman brings the sloppy arse cardio he brought to the Mousasi fight Bisping could out work him. However, I think Chris subs him like he did to Kelvin. Rockhold murders Bisping in a rematch as does Whittaker.

@TheTravelApprentice how long will I be using this shit?

of course it has also to do with rankings. if he had fallen below top 10 (well, at this point he would probably be on bellator), how he would fight for the belt? not even the UFC would pull shenanigans as bad as this
We didn't decide on a time before the fight, I say 1 month is fair. What say you?

@bladee for my name, cyborg evinger, I pick cyborg you evinger
or JDS ngannou. I pick ngannou you pick JDS
or rockhold branch. I pick rockhold you branch

I gave you 3 options

I WANT to see an ANGRY Yoel in the ring.......The tame, mellow and, loving Yoel hurts people BAD.

1st death in the ring. R.I.P. Michael.

He very well could be but is going to be hard if Rockhold beats branch. Maybe rematch with Rockhold to see who gets a title shot.

Who knows how long Whittiker is out for but if he comes back and beats bisping don't think Weidman can win that fight.

lol people were talking about Kelvin being a contender before this fight now he's just a fat worthless WW.

Give him Romero again.

According to Whineman, he was winning the fight and beat himself.

@bladee for my name, cyborg evinger, I pick cyborg you evinger
or JDS ngannou. I pick ngannou you pick JDS
or rockhold branch. I pick rockhold you branch

I gave you 3 options
"i gave you 3 options" LMAO
i dont watch female fights
i dont watch HW fights
and godhold/branch - im literally the biggest luke fan on this site

how about i take floyd and you take conor?
or i take demetrious and you take ray borg?

Back