Weidman becoming a champ again

I had him and Yoel 1-1. I also had Moose on the way up before the stoppage. He gasses to easy and like to rely on his striking. He has decent striking but as he gets tired his defense gets exposed quickly.

Maybe I misremember it but I remember him handily outstriking romero before the 3rd. Even if it was 1-1, I don't think its any reason to assume he'd lose a rematch.

unlikely, given his recent losses.
but hey! If Bisping got the belt, no one else is getting it (until they strip him, since he is making sure he will fight no contenders unless it is a retired fighter from a different division... but if it is from the above division, he has to be at least 59 years old!!)

He became famous beating fighters on the decline.

He was a flash in the pan and will never hold a title unless he goes to Bellator or Japan.

Weidman against Belfort
images

Against Rockhold
images

A still improving and still evolving Gegard Mousasi EXTREMELY exposed Weidman on the feet as far as elite stand up fighters go. Gegard first mmartist to constantly back up Chris while standing.Weidman ,understands distance very well, was just outclassed once that 2nd round started.He got one very heavy shot in and Mousasi s chin ate it like a flapjack....I don't see Chris getting belt back and I could see him doing very well at 205 but with DC,BONES and even Gus there---don't see him getting belt there.

I do see him defeating Gastellum and Chris opened up a -135 favorite as I told everyone he would but they've already bet Kelvin to the -130 favorite he is now..Weidman is ridiculous value at this line and I am not a weidman supporter.

Will never fight for title again. He owes Anderson a huge thank you cuz Anderson would of won their first fight if he wasnt clowning around. Weidman had already slowed down considerably[/
No because Anderson lost the first round so Chris would still win even without the showboating

Weidman is going to Bellator. Mini Cain beats him. How can anybody here think Chris will win a 5 round fight against mini Cain? He's going down for a 4th loss.

He won't want to admit it, but he got complacent at the top. The entire division has passed him up.

he was beating Yoel easily before the one beautiful knee, so its hard to say he loses a rematch for sure.

Mousasi was pretty even before the questionable/controversial shit happened.

You need to rewatch Romero / Weidman. Weidman won round 1, Yoel won round 2 and round 3 just started when Yoel consumed his soul.

Back