Wealthy Mexican man cleared in sexual assault of schoolgirl because he didn't enjoy it

Nice, then their salaries must have increased much more than the average during the 3 years since the salary info I found was gathered. Good that people in those professions get paid more.

It still amounts to 0.2% for those in the worst case scenario. Hardly something I'd suddenly call "being taxed to hell".

I still laugh at the fact that guys like me get tax deductions. I would barely notice at all if they took it away.
Well, I don't know about you but the effective marginal tax rate is 75%. That is being taxed to hell.

I read a study that said, just lowering the state tax with 1% has a degree of self-financing of 178%.

you don't think having a strong work ethic is a part of culture?

I think the US since its conception has had work ethic through the fucking roof.

It is the most advanced country to ever exist, I don't think it needs to learn work ethic from one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

That being said, Mexicans are some of the hardest working American migrants, no doubt about it.

I think the US since its conception has had work ethic through the fucking roof.

It is the most advanced country to ever exist, I don't think it needs to learn work ethic from one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

That being said, Mexicans are some of the hardest working American migrants, no doubt about it.
I don't know about that man ;)
slave.gif

Well, I don't know about you but the effective marginal tax rate is 75%. That is being taxed to hell.

I read a study that said, just lowering the state tax with 1% has a degree of self-financing of 178%.

That can't be the case. The marginal tax is the tax you pay for your last earned 1000 kr, and you're not paying 75% tax on that. There's of course a bunch of other things that your employer has to pay to keep you employed (some tax, pension, etc) but that's not part of the marginal tax. But I don't disagree with you in that if we look at what it costs to employ someone (although a good part of it goes to the employee), the employee's tax on his salary and then the sales tax when the money is used, and we have a huge amount going to the state.

There's of course some differing opinions on the subject, and it depends on at what point it's done, but it definitely is interesting to look at that it's possible to make gains by lowering tax. Despite that I'm a high income earner I'd start by lowering tax on the lower end though. Especially senior citizens pay way too much. They might not be a very financially active group, but I think a large part should be completely tax free, like in the UK.

That can't be the case. The marginal tax is the tax you pay for your last earned 1000 kr, and you're not paying 75% tax on that. There's of course a bunch of other things that your employer has to pay to keep you employed (some tax, pension, etc) but that's not part of the marginal tax. But I don't disagree with you in that if we look at what it costs to employ someone (although a good part of it goes to the employee), the employee's tax on his salary and then the sales tax when the money is used, and we have a huge amount going to the state.
The effective marginal tax rate:

If your salary increases with 100 SEK, then the employment tax increases with 31 SEK and your income tax with 57 SEK. You will also lose 3 SEK more as well because your earned income tax credit will be lower at higher incomes.

That gives you a net income of 40 SEK.

Of those 40 SEK, you will consume and pay 19 SEK in taxes (sales tax, energy taxes etc).

Which gives you 99 SEK in taxes.

99/131 SEK = 75% effective marginal tax rate

There's of course some differing opinions on the subject, and it depends on at what point it's done, but it definitely is interesting to look at that it's possible to make gains by lowering tax. Despite that I'm a high income earner I'd start by lowering tax on the lower end though. Especially senior citizens pay way too much. They might not be a very financially active group, but I think a large part should be completely tax free, like in the UK.
For once, I completely agree with you ;)

I think we should completely remove taxes up until a certain amount where they no longer are eligible for subsidies. It would decrease the amount of administration and bureaucracy.

The effective marginal tax rate:

If your salary increases with 100 SEK, then the employment tax increases with 31 SEK and your income tax with 57 SEK. You will also lose 3 SEK more as well because your earned income tax credit will be lower at higher incomes.

That gives you a net income of 40 SEK.

Of those 40 SEK, you will consume and pay 19 SEK in taxes (sales tax, energy taxes etc).

Which gives you 99 SEK in taxes.

99/131 SEK = 75% effective marginal tax rate

For once, I completely agree with you ;)

I think we should completely remove taxes up until a certain amount where they no longer are eligible for subsidies. It would decrease the amount of administration and bureaucracy.

I was in a hurry and missed that you wrote "effective" when skimming the post. Sorry about that.

I agree, there's plenty of such modifications that could lead to benefits in several aspects.

Back