We have no defence against an EMP attack.

TS...I don't know about EMP attacks but the pussy in your av is losing the battle to that g-string

I never said anything about shooting satellites from the moon, and the guy in the interview didn't either.
I mentioned the interview as i was hoping it would start a general discussion on EMPs, but i knew there was a good chance everything the guy was saying would get criticized instead.
Look at the video i posted, he seems to know what he's talking about and he also writes about the subject.
I never knew he was a charlatan and i'm so glad some of you have put me right about it all. Who'd of thought everything he was saying was total crap!
I get it now, we're not supposed to believe anything anyone on the telly says then?
you lost me at incomplete sentances

I never said anything about shooting satellites from the moon, and the guy in the interview didn't either.
I mentioned the interview as i was hoping it would start a general discussion on EMPs, but i knew there was a good chance everything the guy was saying would get criticized instead.
Look at the video i posted, he seems to know what he's talking about and he also writes about the subject.
I never knew he was a charlatan and i'm so glad some of you have put me right about it all. Who'd of thought everything he was saying was total crap!
I get it now, we're not supposed to believe anything anyone on the telly says then?

I think you're taking this personally when you shouldn't. You started a thread on a thrilling subject, others (@Ruprecht and co.) introduced facts to the discussion and I guess most of those who bothered clicking and reading / viewing the materials in this thread are now more educated than before. I don't think you need to get into defense mode over this, this is actually a prime example of how this board can bring both interesting discussions and be educative.

Russia has worse things than emps I'm sure

Most towns or cities only have 3 days worth of food. If electricity went out, there would be chaos and looting within 2 days.

With no police presence, murders would triple within that same time period just trying to get supplies.

It's a very real threat. One I hope I don't see in my lifetime.

Fortunately it's not easy to put out a long range EMP without a large nuclear explosion. If that happens, we're all fucked anyway.

I just hope all the Fappening servers are inside Faraday cages underneath tin foil hats.

EMPs are not the great "kill anything and everything electronic and send us back to the stoneage" weapon people seem to think that it is. I don't have time today to argue backed up with sources, but the fear is all unfounded

Source: I'm an electrical engineer who's played with EMPs and faraday cages in college. 95% of things come right back to life like nothing worse than a power plug pulled after the EMP wave is removed/ended
I really hope you're not some egomaniac totally full of shit for humanity's sake.

Just an attack on a major power grid would fuck us. The hysteria alone could result in hundreds of deaths.

Most towns or cities only have 3 days worth of food. If electricity went out, there would be chaos and looting within 2 days.

With no police presence, murders would triple within that same time period just trying to get supplies.

It's a very real threat. One I hope I don't see in my lifetime.

Fortunately it's not easy to put out a long range EMP without a large nuclear explosion. If that happens, we're all fucked anyway.
The three day scenario is the one I buy into also

Katrina

You got three days and when the cavalry doesn't come it's chaos

Our modern urban centers scare the shit out of me

The three day scenario is the one I buy into also

Katrina

You got three days and when the cavalry doesn't come it's chaos

Our modern urban centers scare the shit out of me

That's when you track down the survivalists lol.

That's when you track down the survivalists lol.

And do what exactly?

The unarmed vegan manbuns run out of charge on their hybrid car try to head for the woods and then they run into BobbyRay. BobbyRay has been hunting since he was 5, and his wife Linda can make a squirrel taste like chicken.

City folk best stay away when they hear the banjos else they might just be squealing like a pig.

And do what exactly?

The unarmed vegan manbuns run out of charge on their hybrid car try to head for the woods and then they run into BobbyRay. BobbyRay has been hunting since he was 5, and his wife Linda can make a squirrel taste like chicken.

City folk best stay away when they hear the banjos else they might just be squealing like a pig.

Lol. I'll stay away from the country and listen for the banjos and run like hell if I hear them.

so what does a war turn into when EMPs are used? Will it be like uhmmm WW2 or something, or like, I dunno, what is a war before they had like telephone lines n stuff like that? Crimean war or something? But that was still with like lines of troops n stuff, right? I dunno, someone needs to make a movie about this or something so I get an idea.

I was just watching Life, Liberty and Levin on Fox News. On the show there was an hour long interview with Peter Pry who is an expert on EMPs. He is the author of Blackout Wars.
He was saying that all an enemy country needs to do is to detonate a nuclear weapon 300 kms above a city and it would wipe out our electronics. Interestingly he said if a person standing under such an attack they wouldn't hear it[vacuum in space] and there'd be no fallout.

Obviously this isn't the first time i've heard of EMPs but it's the first time i've listened to an expert in the field.
He mentioned that the nuclear bomb could come from a satellite too. Apparently there are 2 Nth Korean satellites that pass over the United States a couple of times a days and we have no idea if they are armed. They are just out of range of our missile defence and they travel along a southern orbit. He said all our early-warning devices and missiles are pointed north and we are unprotected if something comes from the south. That's because during the cold war it was assumed Russia would send missiles from the north towards America, however after all this time America is still vulnerable from the south.

Also said he and other experts in his field believe Iran has had a nuclear bomb for some time. He said America could be protected from an EMP detonation and that it would cost around 2 billion dollars. That was the amount of money the America would send Pakistan each year in aid, so it's not a huge amount.
Nth Korea has made it a priority for some years to develop a reliable EMP. He said NK, Russia and China are ahead of the West when it comes to these weapons.
Scary stuff.
Television producers love this guy^. Fear mongering + fearful public = ratings.

Your other recent thread on China/USA turned out far better and vastly more informative because it touched on very real comparative aspects outside the prospect of a direct war, but you disappeared from it. This is rubbish.

He was responding to viva's nonsense about space fighters, i don't think he was trying to trash your thread on EMP discussion.

I know at one point the US was considered particularly vulnerable because they'd advanced a lot of their systems to use delicate microprocessors whilst the Russians were still using vacuum tube technology which is more robust to EMP attacks. Not sure if this is still relevant though, as you'd think the Russians would have modernized a lot of their stuff by now.

It's also the reason for the two space shuttles. The military originally wanted the US Shuttle to be a have fast turn-around launch capability to replace satellites shot down by the Russians, and the soviets responded by building the Buran because they didn't want to be behind if the US decided to renege on the Outer Space Treaty and weaponize the shuttle.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back