We are Living in the Disinformation Age

I just posted two articles of the Washington Post outright lying to the point that where forced to recant their story and you completely ignored that to push the Infowars narrative. CNN just lied to you and told you only the media can read Wikileaks when that's not how the 1st amendment works. You outright ignore the collusion with Corporate Media outlets to elect Clinton and you outright ignore the journalists who have been caught working with the Clinton campaign with the evidence being their own articles that they have their own names attached to. That's why no one takes this new "fake news" push seriously because you ignore outright collision and dishonest reporting because their dishonest reporting is helping your candidate not hurting them.

Hardly. I read the emails from the journalists, in context, and you either didn't read them or are willfully misrepresenting them. There was nothing there about fake news.
Collusion? Breitbart ran Trumps campaign.
Fox and CNN are biased, but they aren't Fake News. As with the Washington Post, the fact that they have to retract false statements is a major difference between them and the fake news outlets.
It's got nothing to do with the candidate, I'm not even American, it's the mindless repetition of social media bullshit that annoys me.

what am I supposed to think when CNN tries to blatantly edit video of videos that have already gone viral online? What were they trying to do with this?

CNN has literally been doing this shit the entire election but @Ruprecht can't see why people would consider them fake news

The awkward, forced, and clearly political one-sided insertion of the term "fake news" will further alienate more sane people from the extreme far-left. 4 more years.

Hardly. I read the emails from the journalists, in context, and you either didn't read them or are willfully misrepresenting them. There was nothing there about fake news.
Fox and CNN are biased, but they aren't Fake News. As with the Washington Post, the fact that they have to retract false statements is a major difference between them and the fake news outlets.

They find ways around retraction IE their policy of only reporting a suspect's race if it fits their racial narrative and otherwise censoring it is a fake news stratetgy requiring no retractions. I don't think they'll need to retract/apologize for the Breitbart hit piece that used pro-Israel headlines as evidence of "antisemitism" either because technically they COULD be interpreted that way when read out of context. They bend and censor information so that every world event benefits their fictional world rather than manufacture entirely fake stories.

I don't think you honestly consider CNN a legitimate news agency. Probably just playing devil's advocate.

what am I supposed to think when CNN tries to blatantly edit video of videos that have already gone viral online? What were they trying to do with this?

In one of these recent shootings, they cut out the audio of a cop yelling "drop the weapon" several times at a person before shooting them. They play the audio at the beginning of a clip with some lady screaming "don't shoot him", then had it go completely silent until the gunshots.

Not to mention Brazile leaking debate questions to Hillary.

CNN has literally been doing this shit the entire election but @Ruprecht can't see why people would consider them fake news

To his credit, he probably doesn't know when he is getting fake news, since he gets his news from CNN. They obviously aren't going to report on themselves being corrupt.

So now we can going to pretend that Breitbart has the same power as CNN, Washington Post, NYT, etc when they aren't even in the top 650 globally?

It's got nothing to do with the candidate, I'm not even American, it's the mindless repetition of social media bullshit that annoys me.

I hope you didn't read any leaked emails from the journalists. That would be illegal, according to CNN. Only CNN can read them, so don't bother trying to verify it yourself.

They find ways around retraction IE their policy of only reporting a suspects race if it fits their racial narrative and otherwise censoring it is a fake news stratetgy requiring no retractions.

I don't think you honestly consider CNN a legitimate news agency. Probably just playing devil's advocate.

I rarely pay attention to CNN, about the only thing I get from them is the official US position on international events. The bias is obvious, but it isn't Fake News.
They aren't remotely comparable to Info Wars or even Breitbart, both of which are much more blatant and excessive in their biased coverage. Info Wars in particular reports on complete bullshit, which is then mindlessly repeated on social media. That's exactly what Fake News is.

You sarcasm is lost on me because university was essentially a bunch of ass kissing adjunct faculty trying to get tenure by being as far-left as possible and avoiding "hurtful truths". Whoa we almost learned something there, back up! Forget it! Everyone is equal!

It was really not that different from reading bizarre fat pride third wave feminism posts on facebook.

Incredibly glad I will live to see it die and distance education is rapidly taking over.
Another disillusioned Trump-U flunkee lashes out imo

So now we can going to pretend that Breitbart has the same power as CNN, Washington Post, NYT, etc when they aren't even in the top 650 globally?

Being small is supposed to excuse them for the quality of their "reporting" or their collusion with their chosen Presidental candidate?

Another disillusioned Trump-U flunkee lashes out imo

I attended very high-ranked universities which I guess makes me some sort of God to liberals.

We used the exact same PC textbooks you used at community college with the same ISBN. It wasn't that glorious of an experience and you can learn far more online. Sorry to ruin the magic for you.

Being small is supposed to excuse them for the quality of their "reporting" or their collusion with their chosen Presidental candidate?

When you blatantly disregard much bigger, powerful, and more influential new orgs doing the exact same thing....yes

When you blatantly disregard much bigger, powerful, and more influential new orgs doing the exact same thing....yes

They aren't doing the same thing. Breitbart is incomparably more biased than CNN, and having the Executive chair of Breitbart as campaign manager and Chief Strategist is far beyond any relationship between the Clinton campaign and the major media. Like I said, your whole "both groups are the same" spiel is mindless bullshit.

I attended very high-ranked universities which I guess makes me some sort of God to liberals.

We used the exact same PC textbooks you used at community college with the same ISBN. It wasn't that glorious of an experience and you can learn far more online. Sorry to ruin the magic for you.
This post is a mess

I would say that we are living in the first age where access to true information was made even possible.

You'd be a damn goof to think that the people during the Cold War era were fed authentic information.
This

The awkward, forced, and clearly political one-sided insertion of the term "fake news" will further alienate more sane people from the extreme far-left. 4 more years.

The fallout from this election has been glorious.
Trump spent the whole election warning people about voter fraud and untrustworthy media sources. Everyone laughed at him. All the pundits were ridiculing his statements. The media "fact checked" and "debunked" his claims. The called him a paranoid nut who was going to censor the press.

Now what are they on about? Apparently he was right and election fraud is a real concern, and now everyone is calling for smart censorship of media organizations.

Blame social media and the viral effect. You can get people to believe anything as long as they see it on facebook or twitter.

They aren't doing the same thing. Breitbart is incomparably more biased than CNN, and having the Executive chair of Breitbart as campaign manager and Chief Strategist is far beyond any relationship between the Clinton campaign and the major media. Like I said, your whole "both groups are the same" spiel is mindless bullshit.

The DNC chair was an analyst for CNN and slipping Clinton debate questions.

Back