We are Living in the Disinformation Age

As opposed to CNN and MSN telling you that Trump is the grand dragon, and that if you vote Trump, you should be sent to a reeducation camp.

CNN and Infowars are different sides of the same coin.

No, they really aren't. The fact that you would try to equate CNN and Infowars is exactly the problem Fake News creates.

No, they really aren't. The fact that you would try to equate CNN and Infowars is exactly the problem Fake News creates.

CNN is the reason I equate CNN and Infowars. Fake News didn't feed it to me.

CNN is the reason I equate CNN and Infowars. Fake News didn't feed it to me.

Info Wars is Fake News. The fact that you apparently can't distinguish between the two is the problem.

I agree. Infowars and CNN are both fake news. Thats what I'm saying.

Yes. The fact that you can't distinguish between the two is the problem with fake news and how in intersects with individual bias.

But I do have some sympathy with this line of thinking, or at least I can understand it. I haven't had cable in 10 years, I hardly ever watch CNN or MSNBC. The rare times I do see a clip though, it always seems sensationalist, 5 minute segments with two people yelling at eachother while some moderator watches on intently, as if we're supposed to be witnessing some battle of two great minds, when really what we're seeing is two people discussing an issue they're probably not qualified to talk about. They're not subject matter experts, they're just really good at making points in 5 minute segments.

Yeah. There are separate issues here. The MSM media is largely terrible. Coverage--especially on cable news--tends to be very shallow, and viewers are really no better-informed than non-viewers. Granted. But they have editorial standards and ethical guidelines, etc. When they get things wrong, they issue corrections, and they don't blindly swallow stuff from propagandists. The sensationalism is driven by a desire to get ratings (which you can contrast with Breitbart's "black crime" tag).

Yes. The fact that you can't distinguish between the two is the problem with fake news and how in intersects with individual bias.

The fact that you think they aren't the same tells me you've been reading too much fake news from CNN.

CNN is ran by a bunch of people who all wanted to see Clinton win and even funded her campaign (Source: The Huffington Post aka more Fake News) and Infowars is a independent outlet of people who are in the tank for Trump. The only difference between CNN and Infowars is the budget and the candidate they decided to lie for.

The fact that you think they aren't the same tells me you've been reading too much fake news from CNN.

Nope. I just haven't lost the ability to distinguish truth removed from my own bias and make qualitative distinctions.

CNN is ran by a bunch of people who all wanted to see Clinton win and even funded her campaign (Source: The Huffington Post aka more Fake News) and Infowars is a independent outlet of people who are in the tank for Trump. The only difference between CNN and Infowars is the budget and the candidate they decided to lie for.

No, that's far from the only difference. Bias doesn't make news fake. The fact that you can't recognise the difference between political bias and fake news, says it all I'm afraid.

No, that's far from the only difference. Bias doesn't make news fake. The fact that you can't recognise the difference between political bias and fake news, says it all I'm afraid.

Not even close.

lol @ you attacking Infowars with a Media Matters video. Clearly your bias doesn't allow you to admit that CNN is just as guilty of faking news and outright lying to their viewers as Infowars is.

lol @ you attacking Infowars with a Media Matters video. Clearly your bias doesn't allow you to admit that CNN is just as guilty of faking news and outright lying to their viewers as Infowars is.

You aren't even checking your own sources. Just another brain dead repeater. That guy wasn't a CNN cameraman. Fake News.
The second video has nothing to do with fake news.

The fact that you won't distinguish between Infowars and CNN says it all I'm afraid.

Who needs a biased cuck liberal University degree when you have FB feeds and wikipedia?
Every single news outlet is a lie.
The only people we can trust are paranoid bloggers.

You sarcasm is lost on me because university was essentially a bunch of ass kissing adjunct faculty trying to get tenure by being as far-left as possible and avoiding "hurtful truths". Whoa we almost learned something there, back up! Forget it! Everyone is equal!

It was really not that different from reading bizarre fat pride third wave feminism posts on facebook.

Incredibly glad I will live to see it die and distance education is rapidly taking over.

You aren't even checking your own sources. Just another brain dead repeater. That guy wasn't a CNN cameraman. Fake News.
The second video has nothing to do with fake news.

The fact that you won't distinguish between Infowars and CNN says it all I'm afraid.

Because it was staged, both videos have staged narratives and talking points they all repeat amogst themselves, some of it directly from the Clinton campaign (Once again, I guess Huffpo is fake news as well). Hillary didn't lose because people thought she was a legitimate demon from hell, she lost because she is a lying sack of shit who had multiple news organizations lie and mislead the public on her behalf. This news orgs. didn't have a problem with 'fake news' when they thought they were winning but when they lost and realized their bias one sided coverage wasn't working anymore they decided to target other organizations. If you have a problem with what Infowars or Breitbart says, I refer you to the 1st amendment and say "Good luck with that"

Because it was staged, both videos have staged narratives and talking points they all repeat amogst themselves, some of it directly from the Clinton campaign (Once again, I guess Huffpo is fake news as well). Hillary didn't lose because people thought she was a legitimate demon from hell, she lost because she is a lying sack of shit who had multiple news organizations lie and mislead the public on her behalf. This news orgs. didn't have a problem with 'fake news' when they thought they were winning but when they lost and realized their bias one sided coverage wasn't working anymore they decided to target other organizations. If you have a problem with what Infowars or Breitbart says, I refer you to the 1st amendment and say "Good luck with that"

They were interviewing the Clinton team, of course they had a prepared statement on her health. "Powering through". That isn't fake news.
You're the perfect example of the effect that Fake News has. Mindlessly cut and pasting youtube videos from nobodies without verifying the facts or caring that they are false, then pretending it's all the same.

Infowars and CNN both do harm in their own way.

Infowars mixes legitimate information leaks with bizarre "military purchasing 5 million caskets for planned urban genocide of 2020" stories thus discrediting everything else on their website via affiliation.

CNN is not a news agency at all and is a propaganda organization. They take real stories and rearrange the details, ethnicities, motives to paint an US that doesn't really exist. Forget all the statistics you just looked at on the DOJ website. On CNN you will find a fictional world where neonazis with assault rifles are the ones killing and raping everyone in US cities, committing all acts of terror. Everything reported is carefully bent or key details censored to reinforce this nonexistent scenario, ad nauseam. No matter how many quiet revisions or apology letters follow a week later, the damage is done via sheer quantity.

Of the two CNN is closer to being "fake" since the world they depict is slightly further from reality than the one depicted on infowars.

They were interviewing the Clinton team, of course they had a prepared statement on her health. "Powering through". That isn't fake news.
You're the perfect example of the effect that Fake News has. Mindlessly cut and pasting youtube videos from nobodies without verifying the facts or caring that they are false, then pretending it's all the same.

I just posted two articles of the Washington Post outright lying to the point that where forced to recant their story and you completely ignored that to push the Infowars narrative. CNN just lied to you and told you only the media can read Wikileaks when that's not how the 1st amendment works. You outright ignore the collusion with Corporate Media outlets to elect Clinton and you outright ignore the journalists who have been caught working with the Clinton campaign with the evidence being their own articles that they have their own names attached to. That's why no one takes this new "fake news" push seriously because you ignore outright collision and dishonest reporting because their dishonest reporting is helping your candidate not hurting them.

what am I supposed to think when CNN tries to blatantly edit video of videos that have already gone viral online? What were they trying to do with this?

Back