WCW’s biggest f--- up

No bra and panties matches with the Nitro Girls.

Just an awful decision.

Warrior's WCW debut was friggin awesome though.
giphy.gif

Should have been DDP imo

Goldberg and DDP were the most over wrestlers in WCW. I would say they were even more over than Sting. When DDP and Goldberg wrestled at HALLOWEEN HAVOC the crowd was red hot for that match. They were going bananas for them. 2 huge fan favorites.

Kevin Nash beating a supremely over Goldberg showed you how out of touch the WCW decision makers were at the time. Nash has no business doing that and Bill shouldn’t have gone along with it either.

and I think DDP bearing Bill should’ve been the way to go too. Then they could’ve traded off title wins.

Nash never drew a dime.

Goldberg and DDP were the most over wrestlers in WCW. I would say they were even more over than Sting. When DDP and Goldberg wrestled at HALLOWEEN HAVOC the crowd was red hot for that match. They were going bananas for them. 2 huge fan favorites.

Kevin Nash beating a supremely over Goldberg showed you how out of touch the WCW decision makers were at the time. Nash has no business doing that and Bill shouldn’t have gone along with it either.

and I think DDP bearing Bill should’ve been the way to go too. Then they could’ve traded off title wins.

Nash never drew a dime.

The jackhammer counter into the diamond cutter had me going crazy. I agree they should have traded wins. They could have had a good trilogy or even team up as rivals like Rock n Austin did to fight against the nwo. So many balls wcw dropped.

The jackhammer counter into the diamond cutter had me going crazy. I agree they should have traded wins. They could have had a good trilogy or even team up as rivals like Rock n Austin did to fight against the nwo. So many balls wcw dropped.

yes they bent over backwards for bums like Nash. A guy making an obscene salary, a guy who couldn’t draw a dime and the fact he could barely wrestle with his 4 moves was also head scratching.

The beginning of the end was fucking with their core audience by taking Starrcade from Greensboro and basically fucking with their roots by trying to compete nationally with WWF without absolutely securing their core audience. The cancer started.

Sale to Turner was the beginning of expensive chemo.

NWO and the Turner cheque book was chemo for the stage three cancer in the organism.

Sting vs Hogan payoff was the start of stage four cancer.

Then Finger Poke of Doom. Dead.

By the time Russo turned up it was a brain dead corpse getting shocked into reactions. He didn’t kill it but he didn’t help it.
I agree
Raven’s flock

They had a great group and a cool vibe. But then it got weird and Raven started not wrestling but they would show home movies of him being weird and shit. And didn’t Kidman or whatever his name was leave?
I agree with all of these. One of my big pet peeves was with home grown WCW talent like Buff Bagwell, Konan, Stevie Ray ect being put in the NWO. Only the well known ex-WWF guys should have been in that stable. Also how they used Bret hart was a crime. It was the hottest point of his career and they just pissed it away.

No bra and panties matches with the Nitro Girls.

Just an awful decision.

They had Stacey AND Torrie at the same time and failed to use them properly....

Arguably 2 of the top 3 GOAT hotties in PW history, and they don't make full use of their assets.

Vinny Mac didn't make that mistake.

I'm short, I always felt wcws biggest mistake was living for Tuesday ratings report. Instead of focusing on long term it was all about the short term. It was worse when Russo came in.

Weren't wcws ratings at the end better than wwe's now lol. Or close to it?

I'm short, I always felt wcws biggest mistake was living for Tuesday ratings report. Instead of focusing on long term it was all about the short term. It was worse when Russo came in.

Weren't wcws ratings at the end better than wwe's now lol. Or close to it?

WWE reached lower than worst ever Nitro numbers in 2017.

TNA has had better numbers than current RAW.

I agree

I agree with all of these. One of my big pet peeves was with home grown WCW talent like Buff Bagwell, Konan, Stevie Ray ect being put in the NWO. Only the well known ex-WWF guys should have been in that stable. Also how they used Bret hart was a crime. It was the hottest point of his career and they just pissed it away.

Stopped reading at konnan being a "homegrown wcw talent" tf?

Max Moon, ese.
Hope thats a joke.... sarcasm doesn't translate well written

Was thinking el centurion cmll aaa
The Mexican hulk Hogan who still holds a buncha gate records in Mexico

Back