Watch Dogs 2 thread "Fool me once..." edition ***First Person Mod Released***

I liked the first one a lot. Will hold off on this one but will get it eventually.

I enjoyed the first game as well. Looking forward to this

Didn't see any threads about Watch Dogs 2, so I though I'd start one. The title is tongue in cheek because I actually enjoyed it a lot, granted that was getting it almost a year late and not having the expectations some might have, but this time I might fall for the hype because this looks really cool (granted its not gameplay footage)

Anyway discuss

Dude, I am massive WD fan. The reason I fall in love with WD wasnt SP or hacking because this was quite simple, nothing overly exciting.

However invading other players games was my way to go. I always had fun with online hacking mod, hiding somewhere and look for the guy to run like a headless chicken :D And when search area was shrinking I was so stressed whether he gonna find me or not. Dude, I never had gaming fucking with my emotions like this. Hats down to WD for that.

But only 2 invading mods made it quite boring over time. Sometimes I joined game just to expose myself to the guy and allow him to chase me. I am glad they brought some extra mods, looking forward to.

I'll give it a chance. UBI did listen to the critics of the original Assassins Creed, and knocked it out of the park for the sequel.

We'll see.

i enjoyed the first. i'll hold out on getting 2 until theres a sale of some sorts

Pulled the trigger on this and Dishonored 2. A little more excited for Watch Dogs but I swear I'll never buy another Ubisoft game again if this disappoints.

Just got home from work, Got the game installing and updating gonna eat something real quick and it should be done, heard a lot of good things so as someone who did really like the first game im pumped.

Guys, how is the second version of watch dogs? I really like the first version and now planning to but watch dogs 2.

How are you liking it?

Only got an hour and a half in but it's definitely better than the first. Haven't unlocked enough abilities yet but I do like the R/C car, can't wait to get the drone. Stealth is much improved and i like the cover system. Cars handle much better, almost as good as GTA IMO. Still not quite there but I'll gladly take it.

AI is still kinda retarded - I watched a cop try for a minute or two to do a u-turn and smashing into cars the whole time. The main character's animations look odd to me. He walks like his leg fell asleep and his running animation seems to move faster than he actually runs, if that makes sense. Also, for it being San Francisco it's really light on the traffic, both pedestrian and foot. Story isn't grabbing my attention. This whole thing with apps and stuff is a bit overwhelming but I really wanna do some online invasions - that to me was one of the coolest things about the first game.

So gameplay wise I'm not finding much to gripe about. Sound and graphics are more where my issues lie but even those aren't huge. I can't wait to play some more tomorrow.

LOL, just had this happen. There's one NPC who sits there flipping everyone off whenever I encounter him. Guess someone got sick of him.

Played about 5 more hours today. The time just flew by. Still some odd bugs and was really bummed that I had to start a mission all the way over again when I left the mission area (instead of just starting me at a checkpoint). Really don't get how they recorded car crashes - they either sound like they were recorded through a potato or there's no sound at all.

Got the drone and it's really cool for scouting an area. I like some of the new hacking features - like luring a rival gang out to clean out an area for you, or putting a fake APB out on a character so the cops arrest them. Driving still feels a LITTLE bit off. Turning is a bit touchy, maybe? And while it's a total nitpick I find it funny that Marcus will always dump a bike if you don't come to an ABSOLUTE complete stop first.

I like the scouting locations bit - almost like geocaching, which I like to do IRL from time to time. I wish I could put my finger on what makes GTA feel more alive over this. It's more than just having more traffic. Either way, Watch Dogs isn't GTA and I still am having fun with it!

Last edited:
ididnt play too much yet, but my one peeve is vehicles you swiped disappearing what feels like almost as soon as you step away from them

I've played about 3 1/2 hours so far.

So much better than the original.

Liking the the radio stations for a change, Hearing Turbo Lover by Priest was a surprise.

Looking forward to jumping on later.

I've played about 3 1/2 hours so far.

So much better than the original.

Liking the the radio stations for a change, Hearing Turbo Lover by Priest was a surprise.

Looking forward to jumping on later.

Changing stations while driving is kind of a pain and I wish it actually showed you what was playing. I'm having trouble figuring out how the music thing works, too. What is the Shazam app actually for, anyway?

Also - they misspelled DJ Quik and Squarepusher is one word. D'oh!

Having a blast with it. Infinitely better than the first. So much creativity in missions. Lead character has more of a personality & has jokes. Could never get behind a bitch name like Aiden Pearce. Stands on its own. Reminds me of the first two AC games and how they worked out all the kinks. Hopefully Ubisoft doesn't fuck it up.

Really want some kind of status update on MP. I did two of the co-op missions but both dropped out and never connected me with anyone, forcing me to go solo.

Having a blast with it. Infinitely better than the first. So much creativity in missions. Lead character has more of a personality & has jokes. Could never get behind a bitch name like Aiden Pearce. Stands on its own. Reminds me of the first two AC games and how they worked out all the kinks. Hopefully Ubisoft doesn't fuck it up.

I was mainly hoping for a better lead character this time around. Ever since I was a little kid I've fantasized about being one of these bro

hackers-cast-at-phonebooths-0-660-0-0.jpg

Last edited:
I was mainly hoping for a better lead character this time around. Ever since I was a little kid I've fantasized about being one of these bro

That is one hell of a motley crew. Their rollerblade game is on point.

<mma4>

Chain smoker Joey was the GOAT Hacker.

Really enjoying it. I really think they need to stop the AC series (that whole concept is just stale now) and focus everything on this. Even take three years between games - the third year could go towards all the little details and extra polish.

I like how it's more vertical than the last one, and how many things have become an environmental puzzle now. I had to really stop and figure out how to get to some of the items on rooftops, and the drone really helps with that.

They also need to get some people who are more in touch with the culture of today. Some of the dialogue is just cringeworthy, like some 50 year old guy was behind a desk saying "this is what the kids say nowadays!"

Back