Was Mcgregor in his prime vs Khabib

Come on, the fight was as so many people expected. Thats it, a terrible matchup for a striker with 1 (very good) weapon vs a beast in tds and gnp. The fact conor only has his left helped a lot khabib defense. Khabib saw his lefts miles away. Mendes had a bit more training it would have probably ended the same.

It's really simple. No matter how much you love fighting, it's not possible to keep that same fire and hunger when you have a family and 100 million in the bank.

Training and fighting, taking brain damage vs sleeping on silk sheets, eating the finest food the world has to offer with personal chefs, traveling wherever you want whenever you want, partying, etc etc....

Conor has accomplished all his goals and then some. Not easy to work up the motivation to get up at 6am and do 3 hours of roadwork.

Inb4 LOL OMG NUTHUGGER EXCUSES

Are we talking athletic prime or his career? Conor is only what, 29?
Someone has to explain to me what is meant by "prime". I understand motivations can change, but he is still physically capable. If not, then damn. lol

I don't know if he is in his prime or not. I lean towards not. But what's more important is that he showed a clear increase in skills in his grappling game. A very, very big one.

Do you honestly believe that Conor was as good as he has ever been vs. Khabib?

Try to stay unbiased.

Poll please!

Have you seen the state of this place since that fight? You might find one unbiased post in 10,000 posts

Conor has accomplished all his goals and then some. Not easy to work up the motivation to get up at 6am and do 3 hours of roadwork.

<Fedor23>
you hire a guy or two to help you do it

if we were arguing over the quality of his training camps that would be a more complicated debate, I wouldn't blame the khabib loss on ring rust

Im sorry to be the 1 to break it but Conor is done.
Floyd damaged his brain and Khabib took his soul.
The man should stay true to his word
"Get in, get rich, get out".

Same age as khabib, almost the same amount of pro fights.
View attachment 452433

No excuses.
This + his mental game was there (avenged loss to Diaz, double champ, made Mayweather payday and didn't lose anything).

His prime ended on October 6th though. He'll never be the same after that / should retire or have an easy win then retire at most.

Nick Diaz no "Conor fan boy" said the first thing he noticed when Conor walked across the cage was that there was something wrong with him
but it shouldn't take him to point that out it was obvious. Surprised no one's taking about the fact he was drunk on whiskey at a press conference 2 weeks before then shows up to the fight looking hungover

I dont even know why you said "unbiased" TS.

This is the most biased forum there is.

Yeah he is, Khabib is just a nightmare match up for him.

This site is ran by hypocritical fucking commie fucks. Anytime you say anything remotely true it's labeled as hate speech. It's not hate speech if it's true, you cucked liberal fucks.

Guess what you're an admin on a cesspool of a site that most professional fighters hate. You're a flea and insignificant and life so you power trip online. Too bad you can't do that to people irl you soy boy fuck.

This shit where you can bash Conor with no issues, but you say anything factual about the shit around khabib you're little liberal ovaries explode.

You accept American money, but act like a commie. Silencing as you please. Please stop accepting American money and start taking rubles, you commie fucks.

Suck my cock and gargle my gravy

{<jimmies}
third copy/paste from you

not the best, he was slow, too eager to punch khabib

but khabib would smash the best conor too.

nope u know those lighter weight class guys burn out much quicker and he's been fighting for ten years had that terrible knee injury, cuts too much weight, is a father and that always makes you a worse fighter
plus conor just game off a punishing loss to floyd mayweather - only man i've ever seen who was stopped standing without even getting a knockdown

No offense but if that last part is true you really haven't seen very many Boxing matches or fights in general I'm guessing.

Are we talking athletic prime or his career? Conor is only what, 29?
Someone has to explain to me what is meant by "prime". I understand motivations can change, but he is still physically capable. If not, then damn. lol
Prime is a perfect balance of physical and mental state

Back