Was Lawler wanting to quit between rounds 4 and 5?

Lawer doesn't quit, he fights, he's a legend. Did you start watching MMA recently?

OP was asking if he wanted to quit, as if he couldn't believe it, and wanted a clarification. That's a perfectly valid thing to wonder if you heard or saw something right.

Also Lawler has quit before. His first loss to Pete Spratt, he waved the fight off to a leg/hip injury after taking a bunch of kicks. If somebody is injured and can't go on they can't go on, even the toughest guys. Even Robbie Lawler. I don't know if you started watching MMA recently, but if you haven't then you should know this before you start acting like a dick to somebody asking a simple question.

There's nothing noble about a guy caving to peer pressure and his need to maintain a certain image when it was obvious he had nothing to offer in the fight. His corner should have thrown in the towel.

I'm sick of these, "what a warrior threads." More like, what an idiot. It just wasn't a very good fight, and Dos Anjos still doesn't impress me. He leave himself wide open, and he doesn't seem to have consistent fight ending power.

He's abandoned his BJJ, and looks great bopping around, but his overall offense is underwhelming. He leaves his opponents too many opportunities, and he should have finished Lawler who looked to be begging for someone to have mercy on him, and stop the fight.
With Lawler, there is always a chance that he throws that bomb.

Also Lawler has quit before. His first loss to Pete Spratt
I was in Miami at that show; I know, but that was a freak thing. It was like he all-of-a-sudden couldn't even walk. Lawler is no quitter, he's a warrior in the truest sense.

What's with this whole " he didn't quit" obsession? So what? Sometimes you have to know when to quit. Getting choked unconscious in a submission is stupid, just like fighting crippled is stupid.

Who wants to watch a guy who clearly has nothing much to offer hang around, and get toyed with? I don't see how that's interesting at all. It makes for a worse end to a fight because you know he's done, and now all you can do is wait around for the obvious result.

With Lawler, there is always a chance that he throws that bomb.
No, he looked incapable of throwing a fight ending bomb. He didn't even really throw any major bombs the entire fight.

Im not accusing or judging him just looking for clarification and others perspectives.

To me I thought I heard him saying im done or something to that effect which is why he didnt take the stool then Hooft had to motivate him your not a quitter etc etc and basically put him back out to go out on his shield?

Did anyone hear anything or think they heard anything similar?

I don't care what he said in a moment of hellish pain and suffering...he came out for round 5 and left it all out there.

I'm not saying this as a Lawler fan, because I'm not all that partial to him. I'm saying this as a fight fan who resect the fuck out of displays raw heart that RL showed tonight.

Forgive me I missed the fight, what happened to Lawlers leg??

Forgive me I missed the fight, what happened to Lawlers leg??

i think he hurt his left leg during a knockdown/takedown/slip, it all looked kind of ambiguous.

rda kicked his right leg a lot, but that didn't appear to be the problem.

There's nothing noble about a guy caving to peer pressure and his need to maintain a certain image when it was obvious he had nothing to offer in the fight. His corner should have thrown in the towel.

I'm sick of these, "what a warrior threads." More like, what an idiot. It just wasn't a very good fight, and Dos Anjos still doesn't impress me. He leave himself wide open, and he doesn't seem to have consistent fight ending power.

He's abandoned his BJJ, and looks great bopping around, but his overall offense is underwhelming. He leaves his opponents too many opportunities, and he should have finished Lawler who looked to be begging for someone to have mercy on him, and stop the fight.
This is another incident of a fighter scoring a win over a former champion who is overrated by their past accomplishments and no longer contending at that level. The clamoring for RDA to a title shot is overly anxious. He is not the #1 contender by any measure of quality.

I don't blame the ref, it was up to his corner.
This right here.

The ref isnt there for either fighter, the corners aee the ones who should stop a fight if the ffighter they are there for cannot continue.

Its a big part of the job. To protect your fighter from himself. Id swear after the third the corner asked Robbie about his leg and he said it fell in an awkward position on a takedown...

Whats wierd is that it seemed to be Lawlers left leg, not the right leg that had taken all the kicks.

But as a corner, they should have reconsidered sending a one-legged fighter out there for the 5th....there is nothing to gain from having a fighter who clearly is unable to compete for another 5 minutes.....

I don't think you really need the corner to quit. You can tell the ref directly you want out and he will stop it.

No, he looked incapable of throwing a fight ending bomb. He didn't even really throw any major bombs the entire fight.
Even if that was the case--he still knows what he is capable of.

No, his corner could have stopped it, and saved him from the shame that he would experience quitting, and letting down a bunch of ignorant fans who think its meaningful that he kept fighting.

Lawler needs a better all around game. His striking isn't good enough for him to solely rely on it at this point. I can't believe he's been fighting this long and has never attempted a submission.

You know what's even more unbelievable? You being aware he has never attempted a sub and then you expecting him to change his game at this point. Robbie is who he is. He's either gonna beat you standing or he's not gonna beat you. The guy is close to the end of his career he isn't gonna be adding to the repertoire at this point.

Back