Was Conor smart for pressuring Khabib?

Espresso

Post USADA
@Silver
Reaction score
I met an Uber Driver last night that was a college wrestler and he said strikers should never pressure wrestlers. They should always maintain distance and back pedal to safe distance

Additionally mentioning how Conor messed up against Khabib in that regard

The dude was a try hard too.... he was like "lets just say you want me next to you in a fight"

Conor goes balls to the wall every time win or lose.

It's part of what makes him popular. Name a boring McGregor fight.

Khabib proved he is the more complete fighter. Wrestling is King.

Khabib took him down in the first 20 seconds, and he shot in from a good distance.

It didn't matter what Conor did. He couldn't stop Khabib from getting ahold of him.

Try hard? Maybe he was just trying to be cool and have a conversation with you. He probably knew his shit too.

You sound like a try hard for claiming he’s a try hard on an mma forum.

Khabib took him down in the first 20 seconds, and he shot in from a good distance.

It didn't matter what Conor did. He couldn't stop Khabib from getting ahold of him.
RDA kept Khabib away for a 1m and 12s basically just out-foot working him

Mainly why i thought Conor would catch Khabib prefight

Try hard? Maybe he was just trying to be cool and have a conversation with you. He probably knew his shit too.

You sound like a try hard for saying he sounds like a try hard for claiming that other dude’s a try hard on an mma forum.

The guy was a try hard bro. Trust me on this one.

Connor has been spoon fed easy opponents his whole career. Just like he will going forward. Anyone who stands and bangs with him gets KOd and anyone who can take him down wins (minus a short camp Mendes)

Cezar Ferreira will fuck you if you don't tip well

True.

Its hard for a guy to show his striking when his opponent dives for ankles within the first 20 seconds.

I thought that the last three rounds of the second Diaz fight were an embarrassing slopfest.

The first two were good though.

I thought that the last three rounds of the second Diaz fight were an embarrassing slopfest.

The first two were good though.

So you found it to be a boring fight.

I thought it was exciting with both fighters going for the kill non stop which is rare.

Its was fight of the night.

Conor was smartest for finessing over 4.5 million people into buying a boxing ppv against Mayweather.

Watching Floyd casually slap Connie around like a red headed stepchild as he was flailing Paulie esque "power" shots was a bit boring, objectively.

I mean, hilarious though, given how many people thought he'd KO Floyd.

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

{<jordan}

You've never seen a fighter look so good on the feet in the early going and so quickly turn into such a sloppy, pillow fisted bum with no defense when he tires.
<{anton}>
Maybe its the whiskey and coke

See what i did there

So you found it to be a boring fight.

I thought it was exciting with both fighters going for the kill non stop which is rare.

Its was fight of the night.

Boring in the initial watch? No.

But it's the only one of his fights that I wouldn't sit through again.

RDA kept Khabib away for a 1m and 12s basically just out-foot working him

Mainly why i thought Conor would catch Khabib prefight
That’s another of Conor’s myth his footwork is not that good is not that special

Watching Floyd casually slap Connie around like a red headed stepchild as he was flailing Paulie esque "power" shots was a bit boring, objectively.

I mean, hilarious though, given how many people thought he'd KO Floyd.

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

{<jordan}
#he did better than i expected
#i didnt pay for it

I met an Uber Driver last night that was a college wrestler and he said strikers should never pressure wrestlers. They should always maintain distance and back pedal to safe distance

Additionally mentioning how Conor messed up against Khabib in that regard

The dude was a try hard too.... he was like "lets just say you want me next to you in a fight"

No, he was correct for pressuring Khabib, imo.

Ring rust and not enough offense, like he himself said.

No, he was correct for pressuring Khabib, imo.

Ring rust and not enough offense, like he himself said.
C'mon son, who are you trying to kid? This has nothing to do with ring rust or offense. Not another ten years of training would do a damn thing to stop this. Khabib caught him easily from halfway across the cage and Conor wasn't even close to reacting on time. The fight was over right here, believe it or not.

Look at the timer, 15 seconds into the fight.

via GIPHY
See more GIFs

Last edited:
Back