Was Conor smart for pressuring Khabib?

Conor goes balls to the wall every time win or lose.

It's part of what makes him popular. Name a boring McGregor fight.

Khabib proved he is the more complete fighter. Wrestling is King.

This is true.

Not a fan of the guy outside the cage, but he is extremley entertaining in it. Definitely a fan friendly style.

I especially enjoyed his 145 days. He threw caution to the wind and attacked with spinning kicks and everything.

Watching Floyd casually slap Connie around like a red headed stepchild as he was flailing Paulie esque "power" shots was a bit boring, objectively.

I mean, hilarious though, given how many people thought he'd KO Floyd.

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

This clip sums up how Conor fought from round 4 and on.

Sometime during round 3, he realized that he wasn’t going to connect with anything hard, so he started with the arm punching garbage. His stats in that fight are ridiculously inflated with arm punches that had zero intent behind them. Conor simply trying to touch Floyd, to create some semblance of a fight.

He'd get taken to the fence instead, where Khabib shines. Besides, that's how he fought Eddie Alvarez. You know, the 'wrestler'.

Do you think ring rust is why he lost?

It likely affected his performance. As far as "why he lost", I don't extend it to that, but there's a bad habit of doing that around here.

C'mon son, who are you trying to kid? This has nothing to do with ring rust or offense. Not another ten years of training would do a damn thing to stop this. Khabib caught him easily from halfway across the cage and Conor wasn't even close to reacting on time. The fight was over right here, believe it or not.

See more GIFs

Ring rust and lack of offense, like he said.

Fixing those would have improved his performance.

Try hard? Maybe he was just trying to be cool and have a conversation with you. He probably knew his shit too.

You sound like a try hard for claiming he’s a try hard on an mma forum.
you sound like a tryhard

Connor has been spoon fed easy opponents his whole career. Just like he will going forward. Anyone who stands and bangs with him gets KOd and anyone who can take him down wins (minus a short camp Mendes)

So true. Aldo, Holloway, Mendes, Alvarez, Porier. All of them bums!

Connor has been spoon fed easy opponents his whole career. Just like he will going forward. Anyone who stands and bangs with him gets KOd and anyone who can take him down wins (minus a short camp Mendes)

I agree with your first point but don't forget Khabib was able to stand and bang with him and put him on his skinny little ass. He wasn't hurt by mcgregor's supposed touch of death left hand and even bitch slapped mcgregor which was the highlight of the fight for me.

C'mon son, who are you trying to kid? This has nothing to do with ring rust or offense. Not another ten years of training would do a damn thing to stop this. Khabib caught him easily from halfway across the cage and Conor wasn't even close to reacting on time. The fight was over right here, believe it or not.

Look at the timer, 15 seconds into the fight.

via GIPHY
See more GIFs

Mcgregor was showing us all how competent and underrated his ground game skills are. Now that he's proved that, if he ever gets a red burqua night again he's going to knock out khabib with an uppercut from hell if tries to shoot on mcgregor

Back