10 rounds MW-

Luis Arias (17-0, 8 KO's)

vs

Arif Magomedov (18-1, 11 KO's)
-------------------------

YouTube prelims-

FW- Tramaine Williams-Christopher Martin
MW- Vaugh Alexander-Fabiano Pena

6/17 4 PST/ 5 MST/ 6 CST/ 7 EST prelims.
6 PST/ 7 MST/ 8 CST/ 9 EST HBO PPV.

Saw that Rig been training over at Mayweather gym(with his org trainer) . Lets see if the greatness rubbed of on him by being there. But kinda of a weak undercard imo.

Is this Flores guy any good? Havent seen him. Glad to see Rigo back in action, hopefully he will have a good fight here...

DirecTV channel 101 once again will be broadcasting the preliminaries on tv starting at 7 PM EDT this Saturday, fyi.

Saw that Rig been training over at Mayweather gym(with his org trainer) . Lets see if the greatness rubbed of on him by being there. But kinda of a weak undercard imo.
Disagree, I think it's a great undercard on paper.
Chucky will come forward making Rigondeaux look good.
Bivol gets a nice step up against Spiro's grandson.
Arias-Arif is a pick'em fight.

Hunter said he specifically trained Ward to go for the knockout this weekend.

“I only trained Andre to knock out an opponent twice, when he fought Chad Dawson and now is a second time”.

That honestly gives me a little more hope for Kovalev.

Agnew is 16 to 1 against Bivol on some books. Might be worth a very small wager.

Is this guy good?

#5 Moises Flores ( 25-0, 17 KO's)

He's big for the weight and a decent puncher. Quite aggressive, pretty active. Not much defense to speak of, but he'll make Rigo work. Honestly, this is good matchmaking for once because it more or less ensures that Rigo will have to bludgeon him in order to win (like he did against Amagasa), which he is plenty capable of.

Just rewatched and scored the first fight once again last night, and man was that a razor close fight. I'm seriously wondering what people are thinking when they call it a bad Dec or even robbery. That fight was tooth and nail, down to the one or two rds between who won, max.

I thought Ward did much better in the first half of the fight than most people seem to acknowledge, and I thought Kov performed better in the second half of that fight than the general consensus seems to be (I still gave Ward the majority of the late rds but several of them are very close. In fact there were A LOT of close rds throughout the whole fight, it's a really tough fight to score but it's not a robbery either way, no matter what style you prefer).

My bro and I are both huge fight fans and bettors, so we decided to both score the fight and cap what would happen in the rematch w/o telling eachother until after the fight was over. Rd by rd we would talk about what was happening but make sure not to tell eachother who we scored the rd for to ensure that we weren't influencing the other's opinion on who we thought actually won the rd.

The outcome:
Me: 114-113 WARD
Brother: 114-113 KOV

then we discussed which rds we gave to who and talked about what each could do better in the rematch to ensure themselves a more decisive outcome. This really was a fun fight to watch, I consider it a pretty great fight, especially one that should be watched as way to judge your judging, if that makes sense. It's even more fun to watch when you know the rematch is only days away and you're trying to figure an angle on who you like for the rematch.

It was a close fight either way, I have no qualms if they'd have given it to Kov but it wasn't an outright Kov win just b/c he dropped Ward and landed harder shots.

He's big for the weight and a decent puncher. Quite aggressive, pretty active. Not much defense to speak of, but he'll make Rigo work. Honestly, this is good matchmaking for once because it more or less ensures that Rigo will have to bludgeon him in order to win (like he did against Amagasa), which he is plenty capable of.

Thanks for the breakdown, appreciate it. Looking forward to the undercard now.

“I only trained Andre to knock out an opponent twice, when he fought Chad Dawson and now is a second time”.

Lololol Hunter trolling hard.

Just rewatched and scored the first fight once again last night, and man was that a razor close fight. I'm seriously wondering what people are thinking when they call it a bad Dec or even robbery. That fight was tooth and nail, down to the one or two rds between who won, max.

I thought Ward did much better in the first half of the fight than most people seem to acknowledge, and I thought Kov performed better in the second half of that fight than the general consensus seems to be (I still gave Ward the majority of the late rds but several of them are very close. In fact there were A LOT of close rds throughout the whole fight, it's a really tough fight to score but it's not a robbery either way, no matter what style you prefer).

My bro and I are both huge fight fans and bettors, so we decided to both score the fight and cap what would happen in the rematch w/o telling eachother until after the fight was over. Rd by rd we would talk about what was happening but make sure not to tell eachother who we scored the rd for to ensure that we weren't influencing the other's opinion on who we thought actually won the rd.

The outcome:

then we discussed which rds we gave to who and talked about what each could do better in the rematch to ensure themselves a more decisive outcome. This really was a fun fight to watch, I consider it a pretty great fight, especially one that should be watched as way to judge your judging, if that makes sense. It's even more fun to watch when you know the rematch is only days away and you're trying to figure an angle on who you like for the rematch.

It was a close fight either way, I have no qualms if they'd have given it to Kov but it wasn't an outright Kov win just b/c he dropped Ward and landed harder shots.
Folks who feel strongly one way or the other of the outcome are doing it out of bias. It was a damn close fight and either could have had their hand raised.

The outcome:

Exactly

So I don't get the part where ward adjusted so much that he blew Kov away either

If it's close again it's going to Kov

Folks who feel strongly one way or the other of the outcome are doing it out of bias. It was a damn close fight and either could have had their hand raised.

That's exactly how I see the GGG/Jacobs fight.

It would be stupid for him to go for KO. I think they are just playing mind games with Kovolev

Kovalev by decision still has pretty good odds. Basically 3 to 1. Actually stopping Andre Ward would be extremely difficult. Kovalev, even after flooring him, wasn't close last fight.

Exactly

So I don't get the part where ward adjusted so much that he blew Kov away either

If it's close again it's going to Kov

why do think it'll go to Kov if it's this close again? Like a make up call b/c Ward got the close Dec last time that theyll give it to Kov to even it out if it's close again?

Just wondering, you know I love ya Marc b/c one day I'm coming to Mexico and you are gonna be my tour guide. They don't call me EL Gringo Guapo for no reason. We'll pull some culo supremo for sure!

Kovalev by decision still has pretty good odds. Basically 3 to 1. Actually stopping Andre Ward would be extremely difficult. Kovalev, even after flooring him, wasn't close last fight.

Dre has a hell of a chin and a great poker face as well. I always say a great poker face in boxng or fighting in general, is underrated. Ward got krushed (see what I did there? im so clever) several times but for the most partwas able to keep his composure and act like he wasnt' as affected as he probably was. lus his defense will be tough to deal with. When he was hurt he immediately clinched and tied up Kov and didn't allow him any distance.

Tbh I think Ward did a great job ofbeating up on Kov on the inide in that fight but he should've done even more of it imo. I think he should basically fight Kov on the inside for the whole fight. Kov started to tire b/c he was getting outclassed on the inside and didn't know how to deal with it.

That being said Kov did show a lot more fight in the second half of the bout than some give him credit for. He fought his heart out despite being tired and landed some great shots, but Warsd's chin, poker face and defense didn't allow Kov to come very close to a stoppage (as you said).

Agree though, Kov Dec at that price is a pretty sexy line.

Sergey sporting a WAR hat , a la Hagler, speaks and walks out of the final press conference... ha ha

Back