Ward vs Kovalev part 2 (Discussion)

You are blind if can't see that he was doubled over because of the low blow. Yes he was hurt from a good right hand but a straight to the head doesn't cause a fighter to double over but a low blow will. I don't get why you are denying it?

I should clarify,....I'm not denying that he doubled over as a reaction to the low blow. What i'm saying is he milked the situation, he was hurt badly prior to the low blow and he capitalized on a dodgy punch the same way Dirrell did with Uzcatagui. Or Montell Griffin w/ Roy Jones. Quitters tend to do that. And yes, Kovalev is officially a quitter in my eyes.

I think Andre did a good job at avoiding most of the heavy leather Kovalev tried to put on him, showed good lateral movement (as he did in his workout video prior to the fight), and that Kovalev didn't think he could hurt him even a little. Must've thought he was invincible. Kovalev was smothering a lot of his work, stepping in and overshooting, his range was off frequently. I certainly don't agree with the stoppage but he should've shown the ref that he was still live or taken a knee (wouldn't out of pride, I imagine). Was a good fight up to that point where both were winning rounds and some rounds were extremely hard to score.

That said, we made a bet a while back. I lost. I need to go back and see what it was but I said you could have my AV and sig for a month I think. So whatever you want to use I'm cool with.

Good man. Honest b/d from a big Kov fan and you're not bitching and youre taking the av/sig loss like a man. Good shit, respect.

b
He bullied him with Low blows and krusher was winning a shutout and about to stop him!!!! ward will duck the rematch!!

;) ;) ;)
Kovalev was behind on 2 judges scorecards at the time of the stoppage.

I think Andre did a good job at avoiding most of the heavy leather Kovalev tried to put on him, showed good lateral movement (as he did in his workout video prior to the fight), and that Kovalev didn't think he could hurt him even a little. Must've thought he was invincible. Kovalev was smothering a lot of his work, stepping in and overshooting, his range was off frequently. I certainly don't agree with the stoppage but he should've shown the ref that he was still live or taken a knee (wouldn't out of pride, I imagine). Was a good fight up to that point where both were winning rounds and some rounds were extremely hard to score.

That said, we made a bet a while back. I lost. I need to go back and see what it was but I said you could have my AV and sig for a month I think. So whatever you want to use I'm cool with.
Respect. We can call it square due to their being controversy. All good.

Rumor going around is Ward going to sign with TR.

And what about running away for 60 seconds before that which included not firing back, mainly he was trying to cover his body.
He was hurt badly.
He was hurt but he wasn't doubled over until the low blow. You shouldn't win a fight by a foul.

I should clarify,....I'm not denying that he doubled over as a reaction to the low blow. What i'm saying is he milked the situation, he was hurt badly prior to the low blow and he capitalized on a dodgy punch the same way Dirrell did with Uzcatagui. Or Montell Griffin w/ Roy Jones. Quitters tend to do that. And yes, Kovalev is officially a quitter in my eyes.
Good. Yeah he was hurt before that and maybe he was looking for a way out but that still doesn't justify the three low blows that Ward got away with that ended the fight. Perhaps he'd have lasted another 10 seconds before he got stopped or perhaps he'd have made it to the end of the round but the fight was prematurely stopped due to fouls.

Kovalev was behind on 2 judges scorecards at the time of the stoppage.
it was me mocking Kovalev fans. the card for kovalev was pathetic. I had it 4-3 ward and I was being generous to Kovalev

Roy's comments sheds some light on the issue, hadn't even left the area yet, so straight up off the cuff. some of you guys might learn something:

Back