War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did LHW get so bad the past two years. I get that it had a lot of older fighters and it was top heavy but still. It's become the least interesting division in the UFC. Three years ago, people were calling for a break to 185 195 225 and 265 or a variation. Can you imagine how shitty that would be right now with how shallow those ranges are? I personally think they should keep the weights where they are at.

I think it just happens. Divisions get stronger or weaker over time for no particular reason. A division break is a good or bad idea regardless of the present strength of any division because that changes. Sad thing about LHW is that it doesn't look like there's much help on the way. Maybe Hawes will move up or something.

I think it just happens. Divisions get stronger or weaker over time for no particular reason. A division break is a good or bad idea regardless of the present strength of any division because that changes. Sad thing about LHW is that it doesn't look like there's much help on the way. Maybe Hawes will move up or something.

A big beef I had with LHW is they segregated the division for the short term gain. They only allowed Jones to really fight the old guard fighters and other prospects didn't get to until much later on. The result was Jones looking like a god, the old guard slowly disappearing/ getting far worse in skill, and the new talent having nothing to show on their resumes other than wins/loses against each other. They did eventually have them do it but far too late. Gus and Davis could've been bigger. Luckily DC and Johnson eventually came to the division but still.

I agree it cycles and maybe because of how big the names were in the previous era, it made it very hard to talent to grow within the division, especially when you had Jones come in, beat the old guard and then abruptly leave.

I would like to know everyone's favorite drink here. I actually tend to not like a beer unless it's forced by the occasion but I usually would get a Yuengling or Budweiser in that case. I prefer a Captain and coke when I have the option.

I would like to know everyone's favorite drink here. I actually tend to not like a beer unless it's forced by the occasion but I usually would get a Yuengling or Budweiser in that case. I prefer a Captain and coke when I have the option.
Decent bourbon with a splash of water or chip of ice.

Decent bourbon with a splash of water or chip of ice.

If I don't like Jack Daniels, would I not like Bourbon? I can't seem to find any other liquor I like than rum.

If I don't like Jack Daniels, would I not like Bourbon? I can't seem to find any other liquor I like than rum.
Try a good rye whiskey like Crown Royal or Gibsons Finest. Rye and ginger is my poison of choice, and the reason for many hung over sundays wasted surfing Sherdog. Such as today.

Try a good rye whiskey like Crown Royal or Gibsons Finest. Rye and ginger is my poison of choice, and the reason for many hung over sundays wasted surfing Sherdog. Such as today.

I've never experienced a hang over before. I actually find it funny because when I drink, I'll wake up around 5-7am and be wide awake and feel better than had I not drank. I'm surprised it has enticed me to drink more. I usually only drink once or twice in a month, excessively maybe once in a year but that depends on the definition of excessive.

If he likes rum, specifically Captain, I suspect he'll go for some of the sweeter bourbons instead.

Jack Daniels isn't very good bourbon.

If you get a chance to go to Kentucky there are some distilleries that are worth visiting - I went on a couple tours not long ago. Woodford Reserve puts on excellent tours and has some very nice bourbons, some of which are pretty affordable.

If he likes rum, specifically Captain, I suspect he'll go for some of the sweeter bourbons instead.

Jack Daniels isn't very good bourbon.

If you get a chance to go to Kentucky there are some distilleries that are worth visiting - I went on a couple tours not long ago. Woodford Reserve puts on excellent tours and has some very nice bourbons, some of which are pretty affordable.

For the level of taste I have, I feel like that would be a person who would put ketchup on a steak going to a five star restaurant. Is there a store brand you'd suggest or is bourbon more sophisticated to get the right kinda stuff?

I've never experienced a hang over before. I actually find it funny because when I drink, I'll wake up around 5-7am and be wide awake and feel better than had I not drank. I'm surprised it has enticed me to drink more. I usually only drink once or twice in a month, excessively maybe once in a year but that depends on the definition of excessive.
Yeah, yeah, rub it in. Lol. Truth be told I'm not much of a boozehound anymore, at least not like in the past. Obligations and responsibilities curb that freedom.

For the level of taste I have, I feel like that would be a person who would put ketchup on a steak going to a five star restaurant. Is there a store brand you'd suggest or is bourbon more sophisticated to get the right kinda stuff?
My sister has similar tastes, and we went to a bourbon distillery when I visited her in Tennessee (Her first bourbon). It's a pretty casual experience, and they're good at helping people figure it out.

Elijah Craig is a decent one to try out if you want to do it on your own. I have a bottle of the 12 year small batch, and it was less than 20$.

Also, I just texted a whiskey-swilling friend who lives in Pittsburgh, and he says that The Butcher and the Rye in Pittsburgh does tasting flights for around the price of a bottle, so that could be a way to sample 3-4 whiskeys instead of getting a bottle you eventually hate. If the bar isn't too busy, they also might walk you through the process.

For cocktails, I like a French 75 if the place is right for it (my favorite is at Michael Mina). At home, I'll mostly make Moscow Mules or gin and tonics. Wine with dinner (lately been drinking Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fuisse).

For cocktails, I like a French 75 if the place is right for it (my favorite is at Michael Mina). At home, I'll mostly make Moscow Mules or gin and tonics. Wine with dinner (lately been drinking Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fuisse).

Can't deal with Moscow Mules. Gin and Tonics are pretty good.

Captain and Coke is my go to as well. I can drink them like they are going out of style and be fine. Recently I have also been drinking Vodka Gimlets. Or if I know it's going to be one of those HARD nights, Red Bull, Vodka and Blue Curacao. That keeps you up and drunk...very nice!

Belgium or French Trappist for beers

Teeling Single - Grain (still of the belief that Irish whiskey is still king)

The wife absolutely loves higher end vodka 's and for a while i have been trying to convince her that you can turn shit vodka to great vodka with a solid carbon filter process. Her loyalty to brands clouded her belief, so for the past 3 months i have been switching her Diamond 100 with low level swil that i ran through a filter.

The hardest part is to hide my smug smile when she sips in ignorance bliss.

Belgium or French Trappist for beers

Teeling Single - Grain (still of the belief that Irish whiskey is still king)

The wife absolutely loves higher end vodka 's and for a while i have been trying to convince her that you can turn shit vodka to great vodka with a solid carbon filter process. Her loyalty to brands clouded her belief, so for the past 3 months i have been switching her Diamond 100 with low level swil that i ran through a filter.

The hardest part is to hide my smug smile when she sips in ignorance bliss.
I'm just impressed she's able to tell the difference. Most of us mortals are unable to taste good vodka.

I almost never drink, but my favorite beers are still Grolsch (it tastes like Heineken would taste if they were actually good) and Celebrator. I haven't changed my preference in almost 10 years. Straight liquor still doesn't do it for me, but I make a mean dirty banana.

I'm just impressed she's able to tell the difference. Most of us mortals are unable to taste good vodka.

I almost never drink, but my favorite beers are still Grolsch (it tastes like Heineken would taste if they were actually good) and Celebrator. I haven't changed my preference in almost 10 years. Straight liquor still doesn't do it for me, but I make a mean dirty banana.

aside from the burn aftertaste -- i dont think she would be able to as well (although bad vodka is really bad) She is just a fan of certain labels -- and yet has no idea her current bottle is filled with carbon filtered prince igor (horrible vodka).

I also like Grolsch -- especially in their heavy glass, swing top bottles. I dont care what people say, a nice bottle or a nice glass really enhances the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back