War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the first part but after the heavies, people go to any of the other ones. I wouldn't say War Room is the go to. A lot of people just post in the Grappling forum only. Mayberry and OT definitely have their own distinct crowds. Sports Bar definitely has it's own group. I actually think WR is not the norm place to journey afterwards.

Yeah sure. I was referring to WRers.

Was listening to it earlier. Think some of you here will enjoy The discussion, didn't want to create a thread

Due to work I find myself stuck at home, bored, and unable to enjoy the finer things in life. So I have a question for you regulars - What brought you to the War Room? And what made you stay?

I really can't even remember. I know I discovered the WR in 2011, but at first, I saw a couple of threads, and there were already people saying what I thought so I just lurked a little. I remember TCK starting a thread saying something like, "well, it's pretty much unanimous that Obama is a disaster, right? So who would we want to see be the next president?" And I was thinking, "WTF?" but all the responses shared his assumption. So I just said something like his approval rating is about 50/50, and is this board really that imbalanced? That kind of brought me in, and then at that time there was a LOT of debt hysteria, and with my finance background, I thought I could help correct some misconceptions, which lead to attacks and stuff. Just kind of got hooked from there. Never cared about identity issues, though I've learned that that's the primary driver of most people's political views, especially right-wingers.

I would assume this is the story for most posters here. 1 to 4 years Heavies until you cannot take it any more, then War Room with possible Mayberry intermission.

I was seven years in just the Heavies/Worldwide. Used to go at it with @Natman2939, pokeystotle, @Peteyandjia, @kflo, and many more a lot. Some good discussions, though I was always right and kind of tired of that. I think when Brock was definitively proven to have been ridiculously overrated, it started to be less fun. I suspect that had Clinton won and we had continued peace and prosperity, as well as progress on the environment, the WR would be less fun, too.

You rang?

I solemnly swear I will post in the OT more.

Us hateful shitposters are a dying breed. Now it's all about the cucks and rare pepes. There's no room in this political climate for the real jimmie rustlers anymore.

RIP in peace Jimmy Rustle.

{<jimmies}

I solemnly swear I will post in the OT more.

Us hateful shitposters are a dying breed. Now it's all about the cucks and rare pepes. There's no room in this political climate for the real jimmie rustlers anymore.

RIP in peace Jimmy Rustle.

{<jimmies}
More people need to post in there. It's usually always been a group of typical posters over the years.. but now that the rules are back to bare knuckle at least we got people back quickly when it was reinstated. Now we just need to find all of the other reprobates around here.

More people need to post in there. It's usually always been a group of typical posters over the years.. but now that the rules are back to bare knuckle at least we got people back quickly when it was reinstated. Now we just need to find all of the other reprobates around here.

I'll probably mosey on in when I get back from my sabbatical. Real life is fucking stupid sometimes.

Speaking of, @Lead you can probably remove me from POTWR contention, i'm not gonna be able to put as much effort into it as I want. No need to waste a good gimmick on half assing it. Sorry on the late notice meng.

I'll probably mosey on in when I get back from my sabbatical. Real life is fucking stupid sometimes.

Speaking of, @Lead you can probably remove me from POTWR contention, i'm not gonna be able to put as much effort into it as I want. No need to waste a good gimmick on half assing it. Sorry on the late notice meng.

Glad you told me before round 2 started. Another person gets in

I use to follow ppv numbers a lot until Conor came in. It's really become Conor card or not Conor card. That's all you need to really know.

He is the frachise player. That is why his demands are not outlandish. There has been no one like him.

I really can't even remember. I know I discovered the WR in 2011, but at first, I saw a couple of threads, and there were already people saying what I thought so I just lurked a little. I remember TCK starting a thread saying something like, "well, it's pretty much unanimous that Obama is a disaster, right? So who would we want to see be the next president?" And I was thinking, "WTF?" but all the responses shared his assumption. So I just said something like his approval rating is about 50/50, and is this board really that imbalanced? That kind of brought me in, and then at that time there was a LOT of debt hysteria, and with my finance background, I thought I could help correct some misconceptions, which lead to attacks and stuff. Just kind of got hooked from there. Never cared about identity issues, though I've learned that that's the primary driver of most people's political views, especially right-wingers.

I was seven years in just the Heavies/Worldwide. Used to go at it with @Natman2939, pokeystotle, @Peteyandjia, @kflo, and many more a lot. Some good discussions, though I was always right and kind of tired of that. I think when Brock was definitively proven to have been ridiculously overrated, it started to be less fun. I suspect that had Clinton won and we had continued peace and prosperity, as well as progress on the environment, the WR would be less fun, too.
Jack savage you old son of a gun, how are you?

Peds/foot cream aside what did you think of Brock trouncing Hunt?
(Come on now, be honest---you probably picked against him. Considering how well he did against Werdum--dominating right up until the knee--people were really starting to see Hunt as a near top guy. Not that he could beat Cain because no one can mostly but hunt can beat most anybody else and Brock absolutely trounced him after a 6 year lay off)

Sherdog has changed so much. I kinda wish it had been like this when I actually posted. Wouldve saved me hours of searching through threads to see if anyone replied .

As you may or may not have noticed I only log on once every few months now.

There's almost a direct correlation between my stopping posting here and my increased posting on reddit.

I still love MMA. But I get this "why am I talking about this?" Feeling whenever I do my typical TLDR post about it.

and I was never a big fan of these off topic boards. If I'm going to go off topic, I'm not going go do it on an MMA site.

I'm not a huge fan of the voting system but reddit is actually pretty nice if you can stand getting lost in a much bigger community

Anyway. I forgot what I even logged on to check---something conor related probably---saw you mentioned me and just wanted to say hi.

Yall stay breezy

Jack savage you old son of a gun, how are you?

Doing great, thanks. Man, I hadn't even met my wife when you and I first started arguing, and now I have a 7-year-old daughter. Also switched careers and drastically changed my socioeconomic status during that time. What have you been up to?

Peds/foot cream aside what did you think of Brock trouncing Hunt?
(Come on now, be honest---you probably picked against him. Considering how well he did against Werdum--dominating right up until the knee--people were really starting to see Hunt as a near top guy. Not that he could beat Cain because no one can mostly but hunt can beat most anybody else and Brock absolutely trounced him after a 6 year lay off)

I picked Hunt over Brock, for sure, though I think everyone knew the deal with that fight--if Brock could take him down, he'd dominate, and if not, he'd get KO'd. I've never had much confidence in Hunt against anyone because of his vulnerabilities, though he's always dangerous. I also have never cared much about PEDs.

Sherdog has changed so much. I kinda wish it had been like this when I actually posted. Wouldve saved me hours of searching through threads to see if anyone replied .

Yeah, that's why I typically would stay in one or two threads at a time. Definite improvements in the site.

I still love MMA. But I get this "why am I talking about this?" Feeling whenever I do my typical TLDR post about it.

and I was never a big fan of these off topic boards. If I'm going to go off topic, I'm not going go do it on an MMA site.

Very much agree with the sentiment in that first paragraph. I check the HWs before and after events, and it's all pointless, and the intensity of some of the discussions is wildly out of proportion to the importance of the topics. I tend to be more interested in technical breakdowns now and the intellectual challenge of trying to do well betting on fights. But I get more of that from talking to a few friends who are really knowledgeable and people from the gym I go to. Almost never see anything heavy like that in the HWs.

The off-topic boards are just more convenient than finding another place and switching around. Never got into posting anywhere else (though there are a LOT of fake JVSes on different sites).

Anyway. I forgot what I even logged on to check---something conor related probably---saw you mentioned me and just wanted to say hi.

Yall stay breezy

tumblr_n0jmojZ6Ir1s0t6o2o1_500.gif

He is the frachise player. That is why his demands are not outlandish. There has been no one like him.

He draws crazy numbers for sure. But how is UFC equity now arranged? Does the company have shares to issue or would someone need to be bought out? Might be a good way for someone regretting their investment to cash out. But why does McGregor want a tiny ownership stake when he could just take all the cash he can get and start his own promotion? Seems like a dude who'd rather run the show than be an owner with such a small share that he has no voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back