WAR ROOM LOUNGE V17: The Stuff Under Your You-Know-What

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if they circle jerked in a tree house all throughout there adolescence what War Machine did was heinous and no amount of loyalty should preserve that friendship.

That's not really your decision to make for other people. Personally I'll take a world with forgiveness in it over what I'm sensing from you. :(

That's not really your decision to make for other people. Personally I'll take a world with forgiveness in it over what I'm sensing from you. :(
Shut it, clown. War Machine should be castrated with a dull knife, and spend the rest of his miserable life rotting in a cell.

Damn bro you've been kind of dark lately. From a comedian standpoint it reminds me of some of Carlin's later years where he really seemed to have a low opinion of humans in general, not that I didn't understand where he was coming from.

Are you working any of this into your comedy? It's a true artform to express some darker thoughts in a way to make people laugh, even if it requires an audience with a somewhat dark sense of humor like myself.

My style is pretty dark. I generally start with a fucked up premise and do a longform misdirection punchline. I was told I'm the only person who has ever made overdose and suicide notes adorable.

I actually haven't been that dark onstage lately, my current set is about single moms, girls calling me daddy, Eminems new album, and how sex for the sake of having sex is like shopping at Ross because the only reason you're taking something home is to justify the time you spent browsing.

Granted I'm just a rather dark person. I really like just about every human being I've ever met but when I'm annoyed I'm an absolute cunt.

You must ask for forgiveness and atone for your sins.

War Machine was a scumbag before this and he's most likely still a scumbag.

I don't put value on blind loyalty or unearned forgiveness.

And I certainly judge people that freely associate with people like War Machine and try to minimize their actions.

It's not like these sentiments were expressed years after the fact when there is some sort of track record of remorse for his actions and showing that he turned a new leaf.

I got a cousin who beat his wife last year because she tried to stop him from shooting up. I'm not going to be associating with him anytime soon because he used to take me to Monster Truck rallies growing up.

It's enabling behavior

I'll agree Jon needed to do some time for what he did. However, a life sentence is disproportionate to the crime he commited. The 12 year sentence seems fair. What really bothered me is that Mayweather was in Cook County at the same time as him and served a 5 week sentence for what I think was his 6th? domestic violence. I genuinely believe his sentence is a product of him being both famous and poor. It allowed the judge to make a example of Jon without bucking our system which is designed to give the rich access to a different type of justice than the rest of us. So to clarify, my position is more a critique of how capitalism interplays with our system of justice than anything else. I think it is fair to believe someone should be punished while at the same time believing that the punishment a criminal receives is disproportionate to the crime he commited.
Mayweather's DV incidents and having 6 of them and only getting 5 weeks I will agree is partly due to his money/ability to get a great attorney.

BUT, WM got what he got for what I said to Kafir AND... he held not only Mack but the guy she was with against their will and fucking tried to kill her AND rape her.

But I do think a life sentence with the possibility of parole only after 36 years too much. I think 12 years was not enough but it would be closer to my ideal sentencing for the cunt than what he got. But you're right, its not the hill to die on and Lord Coke's defense was a bit, well, let's just say strange...
As a guy that works with Judicial Officers on a daily basis at work.

The Judge threw the book at War Machine cause he openly fucking LAUGHED like a fucking sociopath during Mack's testimony and acted flippant and like a shitbird the whole trial.

I've seen a Commissioner for a simple Assault 2 case where the prosecutor asked for $10k in bail, the defense asked for $2,500 and the Judicial Officer dropped $25k on the guy because "you're laughing during the entire reading of probable cause where the allegation is you beat your wife and mother of your child so badly both her eyes shut and I don't think you're taking this seriously. Hopefully this number makes you take it seriously"

EDIT:
Add to all this that War Machine never really looked like he COULD be innocent. For 1, he was on the run at the beginning of the whole mess. Second, all a prosecutor would really need to do is show a War Machine fight and his fighting style then show the hospital pictures of Mack and outline the doctor bills and you'd probably get 6 of 12 jurors already on the side of he's guilty. And that's a conservative estimate.

@Quipling

42495748_2050263061680278_1477121596207398912_n.jpg

I'm attempting to explain why liberal reaction to Trump (or Kavanaugh/Cruz by extension) has been so visceral and ugly. The right wingers relish in this kind of stuff so they can just point and say "see, they're just as bad or worse!", but the bothsideism doesn't ring true to me. I think the best way to describe it is that this modern breed of Conservatism/Trumpism is antagonistic to liberals and moderates in a way that hasn't existed before. Like, the point is to rustle jimmies, not to advance an agenda.
Does that sound right, or am I off the mark? I'd be interested to hear an honest right leaning interpretation.

Sounds OK to me, but that's not a right-leaning interpretation.

I'd say, though, that Trump himself doesn't inspire passionate dislike from me personally. Like, obviously I think he's terrible at his job, and has no honor, but he seems more pathetic than evil--someone you laugh at rather than sit there hating. It's kind of obvious whenever he talks that he's clueless and thinks that the people he's talking to are even more clueless so he'll kind of say anything, and he's really all about self-preservation. Would be a good side character on a sitcom. I also get the sense that he'd rather be loved by liberals than ignorant Southerners if he had a choice so he's kind of running with the people who picked him while looking wistfully across the room.

But, yeah, his fans are like that. The GOP basically has nothing in terms of policy these days. Regressive tax cuts are unpopular, deficit cutting is (stupidly) popular but they don't actually do that, taking healthcare from poor people or sick people is unpopular, militarism is unpopular, everyone is pretty much cool with gays now, racism has some appeal but it's seen as being downscale and shameful. That antagonism to people they perceive (rightly in many cases) as looking down on them is the only thing left. There's certainly an agenda among actual politically involved people (donors, politicians, think tankers, etc.) but at the grassroots level, there doesn't seem to be any.

Shut it, clown.

Let it all out. Eventually you'll feel better.

You must ask for forgiveness and atone for your sins.

War Machine was a scumbag before this and he's most likely still a scumbag.

I don't put value on blind loyalty or unearned forgiveness.

And I certainly judge people that freely associate with people like War Machine and try to minimize their actions.

It's not like these sentiments were expressed years after the fact when there is some sort of track record of remorse for his actions and showing that he turned a new leaf.

I got a cousin who beat his wife last year because she tried to stop him from shooting up. I'm not going to be associating with him anytime soon because he used to take me to Monster Truck rallies growing up.

It's enabling behavior

Not necessarily.

Yep.

Your choice.

Your choice.

Yep.

Soon or ever?

To some degree.

I'm attempting to explain why liberal reaction to Trump (or Kavanaugh/Cruz by extension) has been so visceral and ugly. The right wingers relish in this kind of stuff so they can just point and say "see, they're just as bad or worse!", but the bothsideism doesn't ring true to me. I think the best way to describe it is that this modern breed of Conservatism/Trumpism is antagonistic to liberals and moderates in a way that hasn't existed before. Like, the point is to rustle jimmies, not to advance an agenda.
Does that sound right, or am I off the mark? I'd be interested to hear an honest right leaning interpretation.

Spot on.

The new right wing is antagonistic instead of idealistic. Seems like forever ago but during Dubya's time, the religious aspect of the right was huge. Gay marriage, prayer in school, evolution, all of these things were hot on the agenda. And of course, the wars abroad which were religiously-inspired, by Dubya's own admission.

This new right wing has ethnic/racial concerns as its top priority and rustling jimmies as its main method. They live for zingers, put-downs, and are happiest with moral victories. Yeah, building a wall isn't going to do much and really, illegals don't affect me much but hey, did you see how furious those Berkeley students got in that one rally?? I think I saw two of them actually crying. Fucking awesome!

I'd like to think that if I was friends with a person who did what War Machine did I would immediately drop them as a friend.

He's taking bros before hoes a bit to far imo

On personality tests, authoritarians value loyalty much higher than non-authoritarians (um, libertarians?).

You easily can see why this trait would be so valued in political circles.

<Huh2>
I woke up one day and decided to be a pathetic country ruining prog.

Liberal progs act the way they do because they are insane, not because of Trump. They were already rabid and fucked up during the Obama years. Now they're just upset Hilary didn't win and are using that to unleash the full potential of progressive insanity.

Just lol at liberal progs being the victim and responding to the mean conservatives.

Well said

I disagree. I feel the right has become downright contemptuous of human rights and dignity outside of their "team" and the left has become rustled as fuck at their impotence in having any positive effect on what, to them (and most),are obviously despicable/ unfair machinations. I don't think on its face the Kavanaugh hearings are worthy of the outbursts as much as symptomatic of the crescendoing frustration of the left.

Last edited:
Do we have any teachers here?
I think this would make a good thread but I dont wanna make it

https://wlos.com/news/nation-world/...didnt-turn-in-their-work-09-25-2018-134627104

Teacher says she was fired for giving zeroes to students who didn't turn in their work

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (WPEC) — A teacher in Port St. Lucie, Florida claims she was fired for refusing to give students partial credit for work that is never handed in.

“I got fired. I was packing my stuff, and I was not going to see the kids,” Diane Tirado said.

Mrs. Tirado didn’t get to say goodbye to her student physically, so she wrote her message on a whiteboard instead.

“Bye kids, Mrs. Tirado loves you and wishes you the best in life! I have been fired for refusing to give you a 50% for not handing anything in. [heart] Mrs. Tirado.”
She snapped a photo of it and shared it on Facebook. Then, the messages from her eighth-grade students started pouring in.

“You showed me to be responsible for my work and the things that I do. I hope you don’t forget me,” one student wrote.

Mrs. Tirado has been a teacher for more than 17 years. The 52-year-old began working at West Gate K-8 School this year as an eighth-grade social studies teacher.

She says she gave her students two weeks to complete an explorer’s notebook project but says some of them didn’t turn it in.

That’s when she says she learned about a no-zero grading policy, written in red in the school’s handbook, stating, “NO ZERO’S – LOWEST POSSIBLE GRADE IS 50%.”

Tirado says this sends the wrong message.

“If there’s nothing to grade, how can I give somebody a 50 percent?” she asked.
Her Sept. 14 termination letter doesn’t cite a specific reason, only stating she was contracted as a teacher on a probation period, and that she can be dismissed without cause.

Her message on her classroom’s whiteboard has been shared hundreds of times, with messages from other parents and teachers congratulating her on standing her ground.

Tonight, she is calling for change because she believes the grading policy at West Gate K-8 School won’t help students in the long run.

“I’m arguing the fact that you don’t get something for nothing. I want the policy changed, and it’s not just here,” she said.

There are zeros found in the grading scale above the “no zero’s” wording on the West Gate Student and Parent Handbook, which adds confusion, Tirado said.

WPEC is still waiting to hear back from St. Lucie Public Schools as of late Monday night.

Do we have any teachers here?
I think this would make a good thread but I dont wanna make it

https://wlos.com/news/nation-world/...didnt-turn-in-their-work-09-25-2018-134627104

Teacher says she was fired for giving zeroes to students who didn't turn in their work

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (WPEC) — A teacher in Port St. Lucie, Florida claims she was fired for refusing to give students partial credit for work that is never handed in.

“I got fired. I was packing my stuff, and I was not going to see the kids,” Diane Tirado said.

Mrs. Tirado didn’t get to say goodbye to her student physically, so she wrote her message on a whiteboard instead.

“Bye kids, Mrs. Tirado loves you and wishes you the best in life! I have been fired for refusing to give you a 50% for not handing anything in. [heart] Mrs. Tirado.”
She snapped a photo of it and shared it on Facebook. Then, the messages from her eighth-grade students started pouring in.

“You showed me to be responsible for my work and the things that I do. I hope you don’t forget me,” one student wrote.

Mrs. Tirado has been a teacher for more than 17 years. The 52-year-old began working at West Gate K-8 School this year as an eighth-grade social studies teacher.

She says she gave her students two weeks to complete an explorer’s notebook project but says some of them didn’t turn it in.

That’s when she says she learned about a no-zero grading policy, written in red in the school’s handbook, stating, “NO ZERO’S – LOWEST POSSIBLE GRADE IS 50%.”

Tirado says this sends the wrong message.

“If there’s nothing to grade, how can I give somebody a 50 percent?” she asked.
Her Sept. 14 termination letter doesn’t cite a specific reason, only stating she was contracted as a teacher on a probation period, and that she can be dismissed without cause.

Her message on her classroom’s whiteboard has been shared hundreds of times, with messages from other parents and teachers congratulating her on standing her ground.

Tonight, she is calling for change because she believes the grading policy at West Gate K-8 School won’t help students in the long run.

“I’m arguing the fact that you don’t get something for nothing. I want the policy changed, and it’s not just here,” she said.

There are zeros found in the grading scale above the “no zero’s” wording on the West Gate Student and Parent Handbook, which adds confusion, Tirado said.

WPEC is still waiting to hear back from St. Lucie Public Schools as of late Monday night.

Already one in Mayberry

She wanted consequences for not doing one's assignment. She got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back