War Room Lounge Thread v119: The barnacles and shmegma(sic) reached a critical mass

How many children do you reeeeeeealy have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you memorize openings it becomes 2nd nature.

There was this one dude I played with. Brilliant player, state blitz champ. Anyway, he would take 1 min, and I would have 5 min.

He would still beat me. He was that good
For me, that's just the issue. For me, memorizing a bunch of rote responses takes away the fun of using your brain to figure shit out. But that also doesn't allow to you learn what works and what does not so easily--after all the standard openings are the preferred responses for a reason--so I have never and will never progress beyond a certain basic level. But whenever I have had an insight on my own about a particular position or sequence of moves, I got a huge rush of satisfaction almost better than any orgasm.

For me, that's just the issue. For me, memorizing a bunch of rote responses takes away the fun of using your brain to figure shit out. But that also doesn't allow to you learn what works and what does not so easily--after all the standard openings are the preferred responses for a reason--so I have never and will never progress beyond a certain basic level. But whenever I have had an insight on my own about a particular position or sequence of moves, I got a huge rush of satisfaction almost better than any orgasm.

Yea , that's why I love tactics with sacrificing material

Its essentially solving a puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back