WAR Kelvin "Half-Mexican Fedor" Gastelum....

Yeah everyone is talking about the potential of the guy who is pushing 30 and has like 3x as many fights as Kelvin. This young kid fighting above weight class agaisnt way more experienced and bigger guys is the definition of prospect with loads of potential. I guess because he doesn't seem athletic and explosive enough and didn't beat Adam Cella like Tor Troeng did. Forget subbing and knocking guys bigger more experienced guys out..where's the spin kicks?

ROFL. Josh got choked!!! He thinks he is some hotshot but got schooled like an amateur by Kelvin. LOL

Huh...????

But yes, war minicain. Really like both these guys

"....he has fought tougher people on the show than Uriah and Kelvin has finished them all...."

The quote above by Verbal-Fedor simply means the he believes that Kelvin has fought tougher competition than Uriah has fought while on the show. Of course we know Uriah has also fought Weidman & Philippou, but he was talking about on the show. Which I too agree with btw.

I think kelvins youth/innocence(boarder line immaturity(I mean that in nicest way)) gives him the benefit to not be scared and just go out there and go after it! Hope that drive lasts long enough for him to benefit from it. Lets hope his will doesn't get sapped from him too soon!

"....he has fought tougher people on the show than Uriah and Kelvin has finished them all...."

The quote above by Verbal-Fedor simply means the he believes that Kelvin has fought tougher competition than Uriah has fought while on the show. Of course we know Uriah has also fought Weidman & Philippou, but he was talking about on the show. Which I too agree with btw.

That's what I got from it too, though when I read it a second time I completely understand how it could have been read that the people Kelvin fought on the show were tougher than Urijah is. Which would make me go, "Huh???" too, if I thought it.

Urijah had a cakewalk to the finale. I think a fresh, not-beat-the-fudge-up-by-Barnatt Dylan Andrews would have given him more trouble, but it did seem like his face exploded with early jabs so who knows.

Samman also seemed a little out of sorts. He had a lot more to prove, to the fans (unbeknownst to him, I'm sure he thought he came off wonderfully in editing), and not to discredit Velasquestellum, probably could have gotten up had his fights prior not been as grueling.

Here is why the Cain comparison fails.....Cain was an all american wrestler and a highly touted prospect.....Cain is also 6"3 and not always the smaller guy....also Cain looks kinda scary and not like a teddy bear....and Cain does not have one punch KO power and could not KO Josh Koscheck's girlfriend
And Kelvin is a Sambo world champion and a high national level judoka? Kelvin is a wrestler like Cain, just not as accomplished.

And for the record, Cain is 6"1. An enormous whole inch taller than Fedor. I think Nog would say that Cain can punch pretty hard as well so your disrespectful words about his power doesn't make you look neither good nor accurate.

Kelvin may very well be the dark horse who wins it all. Uriah is having a ton of hype going into this fight, and he's the one running the risk of letting everyone down. Kelvin is the one who most people think will lose, so he hasn't got a lot to lose here. Also, I think Kelvin is going to get his takedown together better than Uriah is going to get his TDD together, so I think this may very well end up in a TKO stoppage from g'n'p for Kelvin. OTOH, Uriah is getting a lot of hype because he is damned talented.

I guess my main point is that this fight may end up being more balanced and a toss up than most people are willing to admit.

Cain does not have one punch KO power and could not KO Josh Koscheck's girlfriend

I guess KO'ing Nog, and nearly KO'ing JDS, who has one of the strongest chins in the UFC, means you have no power now. Is it opposites day already?

I guess KO'ing Nog, and nearly KO'ing JDS, who has one of the strongest chins in the UFC, means you have no power now. Is it opposites day already?

Oh please....all you idiots bring up Nog do realize that that is waaaaaaay past his prime Nog who was also TKO'd by Mir and looks wobbly everytime someone swings at him....gimme a break.....and Cain hit JDS 5000 times and STILL could not put his lights out...

His improvement over the course of the show was pretty amazing. Looked average in his prelims fight....looked like a boss after beating down Samman. Nothing but good things in the future for this kid.

Kelvin needs to go to AKA fast and train with Cain, Cormier and the other wrestlers there just to expand his already solid Wrestling base. He needs to work on dat stand up though, it's not quite solid yet.

Here is why the Cain comparison fails.....Cain was an all american wrestler and a highly touted prospect.....Cain is also 6"3 and not always the smaller guy....also Cain looks kinda scary and not like a teddy bear....and Cain does not have one punch KO power and could not KO Josh Koscheck's girlfriend

It sounds like you have a crush on Fedor and are jealous of Cain's success.

I consider Kelvin to be more like a pudgy Diego Sanchez. He's intense in the cage, but his striking game is still extremely raw and not sharp in the least. His wrestling's strength comes from his intensity much like Diego's.

I consider Kelvin to be more like a pudgy Diego Sanchez. He's intense in the cage, but his striking game is still extremely raw and not sharp in the least. His wrestling's strength comes from his intensity much like Diego's.

Diego is nowhere near the wrestle Kelvin is.

I've always thought Diego was one of the worst wrestlers in the UFC.

Why associate the guy with another guy? MiniCain Half mexican fedor.... Find an origional nick for the dude something that really defines him as a person. Instead of naming after others!!

As much as people have been talking about Uriah sending guys to the hospital, i've been equally impressed with Kelvin's finishes. He made two of the most arrogant guys in the house submit to him and also got a big KO win.

Back