WAR Kelvin "Half-Mexican Fedor" Gastelum....

VERBAL-FEDOR

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This may be pre-mature but Kelvin is the epitome of an unassuming/underdog but keeps wrecking people....

Kelvin is short, stocky/pudgy, very un-intimidating, lacks experience and credentials but always comes out on the attack and does not back up to anybody.....he has fought tougher people on the show than Uriah and Kelvin has finished them all....

I like Uriah but how awesome would it be if little 21 year old Kelvin somehow beats him too.....

I considered him more of a "half-mexican Cain" while still keeping your description of him.

Yeah I hear more people calling him half mexican Cain. I mean we already have black Fedor.

Yeah I hear more people calling him half mexican Cain. I mean we already have black Fedor.

Here is why the Cain comparison fails.....Cain was an all american wrestler and a highly touted prospect.....Cain is also 6"3 and not always the smaller guy....also Cain looks kinda scary and not like a teddy bear....and Cain does not have one punch KO power and could not KO Josh Koscheck's girlfriend

Here is why the Cain comparison fails.....Cain was an all american wrestler and a highly touted prospect.....Cain is also 6"3 and not always the smaller guy....also Cain looks kinda scary and not like a teddy bear....and Cain does not have one punch KO power and could not KO Josh Koscheck's girlfriend

Cain is 6,2, and compared to all of his opponents, he is the smaller guy.

I'm excited about Kelvin.

Every fight he's gone into, he's been the underdog and he's come out on top in pretty amazing fashion. He's strong, quick, and well rounded in every aspect. I think age has given him a great amount of strength and quickness. He definitely reminds me of a Cain Velasquez/Fedor WW mashup

Wouldnt doubt Kelvin takes Uriah down and submits him at some point.

Samman looked good off his back against Quinlan and Tor(IIRC about Tor fight), and Kelvin kept position quite well....muhc better than when he fought Bubba, probably just over anxious or maybe Chael's coaching got through to him.

kelvin comes from a wrestling background, wrestled since 7th grade and won state in HS

and lol, kelvin looks way more like cain than fedor

This may be pre-mature but Kelvin is the epitome of an unassuming/underdog but keeps wrecking people....

Kelvin is short, stocky/pudgy, very un-intimidating, lacks experience and credentials but always comes out on the attack and does not back up to anybody.....he has fought tougher people on the show than Uriah and Kelvin has finished them all....

I like Uriah but how awesome would it be if little 21 year old Kelvin somehow beats him too.....

Kelvin is cool, very good person. Yeah, he is genetically gifted when he gets close, people just can't seem to control him. He doesn't look good ether but somehow gets on top. I think he has a leverage advantage in the way he is built when in close range.

Huh...????

But yes, war minicain. Really like both these guys

MiniCain has shown really good skills on TUF. He was kind of overlooked because of Uriah and Samman but he showed he can knock you out and just as easily submit you. Plus he can keep a pretty ferocious pace. I think he's shown most versitality out of all the fighters on this season. Sure Hall has an advantage on the feet, but on the other hand it wouldn't be a miracle if MiniCain caught Hall and KO'd him as he has shown he has the power to do it. On the ground MiniCain has the advantage. I'm interested to see how this fight plays out, although i do favor Hall cause his striking is devastating and has solid takedown defence/is hard to keep down.

War MiniCain !!!!

Kelvin surprised me every time!! He can beat Urijah Hall.

Lets not forget how (previously) highly-touted TUF Finalist Phillipe Nover and Mike Ricci fizzled in the finals.

He has a great overall game and so far has shown that by winning his fights in every way, decision, KO/TKO and submission.

Cain is 6 1 and Fedor has better grappling credentials than Cain.
Sounds like you don't know a whole lot about MMA.

I disagree with you. Big Nog does as well. It is a miracle that JDS was still conscious after that huge right hand from Cain in the 2nd fight.

Cain is shrinking in this thread!

6'3", 6'2", 6'1"....

Someone give that boy some milk!

The only bad thing it's that Uriah is training with Chael, the guy that helped Kelvin to look like a beast. Wish that could be the other way, love minicain, he's so likeable.

Back