Wandi and his trainers released statements after Silva's loss to Sonnen

Ure repeating clichés.

The fights u watched are too recent, u cant understand the evolution/regression of this game.

Watch & RE-WATCH the ol´school fights, u would be then much more cautious b4 saying clichés like these.
you obviously did not read my post .i have watched the old fights over and over again,and the sport has evolved ie Do they still have no judges rules no time limits are they allowed to wear a Gi a boxing glove can they fight bare knuckle can they kick a downed opponent,like Gerard Gordeau kicking Telia Tuli teeth out ? The answer is no ,now they have rules time limits they wear 4-6 ounce gloves they cant wear a Gi or a boxing glove now they are regulated by the NSCA.The fighters are randomly tested by USADA all these things were put in place so the sport could go mainstream they had to move with the times and that is evolving
Just like fighters evolve example Jeff Monson lost to Pedro Rizzo in 2007 he was stopped in the 3rd round because his striking was just not up to scratch in 2009 he fought Rizzo again and this time he went the distance Rizzo,s corner compliment Jeff on how much his boxing had improved .i no this because Jeff sat down in my house and we watched the first fight with Rizzo and we decided his boxing needed to improve so my self and coaches from the Red Corner Boxing club spent 8 weeks focusing on just his boxing, sparring every day, and specific pad drills his game got better he evolved
oxford dictionary definition of evolve : to develop gradually or cause something to develop gradually

you obviously did not read my post .i have watched the old fights over and over again,and the sport has evolved ie Do they still have no judges rules no time limits are they allowed to wear a Gi a boxing glove can they fight bare knuckle can they kick a downed opponent,like Gerard Gordeau kicking Telia Tuli teeth out ? The answer is no ,now they have rules time limits they wear 4-6 ounce gloves they cant wear a Gi or a boxing glove now they are regulated by the NSCA.The fighters are randomly tested by USADA all these things were put in place so the sport could go mainstream they had to move with the times and that is evolving
Just like fighters evolve example Jeff Monson lost to Pedro Rizzo in 2007 he was stopped in the 3rd round because his striking was just not up to scratch in 2009 he fought Rizzo again and this time he went the distance Rizzo,s corner compliment Jeff on how much his boxing had improved .i no this because Jeff sat down in my house and we watched the first fight with Rizzo and we decided his boxing needed to improve so my self and coaches from the Red Corner Boxing club spent 8 weeks focusing on just his boxing, sparring every day, and specific pad drills his game got better he evolved
oxford dictionary definition of evolve : to develop gradually or cause something to develop gradually
forget about UFC, go watch the 1980s Vale Tudo fights, then the evolution from Rings/Early Pancrase [1990s] to early Pride.

Then u´ll see the evolution/regression of this game.

What "fight" did you watch. He landed nothing of consequence.
Naw, Sonnen landed some big shots from on top. There's no question that he doesn't hit as hard as Wanderlei. BUt the idea that he was only trying to maintain top control isn't borne out by the fight itself. He was posturing up and letting his hands go. Wand got beat up.

forget about UFC, go watch the 1980s Vale Tudo fights, then the evolution from Rings/Early Pancrase [1990s] to early Pride.

Then u´ll see the evolution/regression of this game.
wow just wow go back and read my posts i mentioned Pride and the IVC ,i will agree to disagree

they did not make any excuses.
They admitted they trained to stop Sonnen's takedowns, and Sonnen was still able to take him down.

They also gave credit to how good Sonnen is at holding top control.

I just don't' understand how you don't think this is classy.
Wanderlei and classy?
Whahahaha.

But stil, he is a fighting legend.

Sounds like Wandy and Rampage want to start a new shootboxing league where they can't really take you down and hold you down. Why not just put them together a few more times, Wandy won the first two, Rampage took the third, so who knows what could happen if Bellator matches them up two or three more times? It's how they roll these days, just let Wandy get up to 220 and Rampage will do his own thing, and go for it.

What was classy about it?

Nothing. No apologies for his Paul Daley-ish post-fight behavior. And Wand now realizes he needs to train more TDD? He didn't realize Chael would try to take him down and keep him down the whole fight? Really, Wand?

Haven't seen fight yet

I thought maybe similar arona fight for like 2 mins then wand wins But nope

Sonnen is very good on top

Fight doesn't prove nothing at this point sonnen isn't better than wand

Wandy is roid hot-head. He is tough and brave as fuck, but not so smart.

Wanderlei and classy?
Whahahaha.

But stil, he is a fighting legend.
Never said he is classy all the time.
but his (well more his trainer's) statement were surprisingly candid and complimentary of Sonnen, despite all the bad blood.
They basically acknowledged Sonnen was too good and able to impose his game despite how much they trained for it.

They did not give excuse (like injury or distractions or anything), they are simply conceding Sonnen was the better men.

Nothing. No apologies for his Paul Daley-ish post-fight behavior. And Wand now realizes he needs to train more TDD? He didn't realize Chael would try to take him down and keep him down the whole fight? Really, Wand?
I'm convinced you guys don't read anything, he specifically said he trains for TDD but sonnens takedown were too good. BTW Paul tried to punch Josh's head off after the bell, wand just shoved him , for being fans of MMA you guys sure cry like pussies

I'm convinced you guys don't read anything, he specifically said he trains for TDD but sonnens takedown were too good. BTW Paul tried to punch Josh's head off after the bell, wand just shoved him , for being fans of MMA you guys sure cry like pussies

Shoving someone after the fight is still a classless move. If Sonnen did it to Wand, I'm sure you're panties would be in a wad.

Shoving someone after the fight is still a classless move. If Sonnen did it to Wand, I'm sure you're panties would be in a wad.
I'll just say he's a mad guy and laugh, I don't share the same bitch genes these other flowers do!

Get Manhoef on the fone.

Don't worry about BJJ and rasslin for now on Wandy

Fuck that, Manhoef's power + Wand's chin = certain death.

Wand would need to blanket him to get a win!

Back