Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week, they are pretending that a few short years into the zombie apocalypse, books are a very rare, sought-after commodity that can be traded.

fucking BOOKS
Books are already an archaic medium pre apocalypse. I get the strangest looks if I read a book in a waiting room, like I’ve done something offensive. Additionally, people may not have been as prepared in regards to toilet paper as they may have thought. Or the people writing the show are substandard assholes that believe we are as dumb as they are. I don’t know anymore.

What do you think they should do to get it back?

Can they introduce a monster like Mr.X or some other Tyrant? Like an Alhpa Pursuer?

I think the luster is gone from TWD now. I don't think they can do anything to get back where they where in Season 4-5.

Thinking of the endless touch bumming we have between Negan and Rick, one can think back to Season 3 and the War against the Governor...it took until the 13th episode before Rick and the Governor actually met face to face...and I remember that being a huge moment in the series. After that, Rick didn't meet the Governor again until the the final Prison battle in Season 4 Episode 8. While the writers botched the Governor story as well, I look back at that plotline with a much more positive opinion after seeing how they've run with the Savior War angle.

Books are already an archaic medium pre apocalypse. I get the strangest looks if I read a book in a waiting room, like I’ve done something offensive. Additionally, people may not have been as prepared in regards to toilet paper as they may have thought. Or the people writing the show are substandard assholes that believe we are as dumb as they are. I don’t know anymore.

It is true that people are not reading actual physical books as they used to but I posted a map of about 8 libraries in and around Alexandria that at least one of the local survivors, especially Jesus (since he is a lead scout) should know about.

It's not ending anytime soon, this thread will still be alive in 5 years. Everyone will still be nitpicking every episode and swearing there done with the series but they'll still be watching the show on Sunday nights.
There’s only a few posters left to nitpick. This thread used to be filled with people discussing the show for nearly the entire week leading up to the next episode. They are losing viewers, including many die hard fans that would have never imagined swearing off the show. This shit is not going to last five more years.

Last edited:
It is true that people are not reading actual physical books as they used to but I posted a map of about 8 libraries in and around Alexandria that at least one of the local survivors, especially Jesus (since he is a lead scout) should know about.
It’s just idle chatter. You don’t have to convince me of how absurd and ridiculous this nonsense has gotten. Truth is, Maggie should have more knowledge than she has put on display thus far. Herschell should have put that girl to work instead of letting her entertain guests to the farm.

I never liked the Jesus character.

He is the reason why Alexandria got into it with The Saviors.

What do you think they should do to get it back?

Can they introduce a monster like Mr.X

Just because he's in a wheelchair, doesn't make him a "monster". You're also completely disregarding his academic status, he's a 'Professor', not a 'Mister'. You should be ashamed of yourself.

The only thing about is there are still plenty of libraries around and they are almost always empty. In fact I'll go to one if I want to study because the only people there will be poor people watching movies on DVD. I took a break and pulled a book and the amount of dust on the damn thing almost choked me. The biggest issue with the show situation is if the roof fails or something else to let the elements in the books are going to turn to moldy mush pretty quick but I've gone into buildings that have been shut down for over a decade and found books especially old phone books still in decent shape. Had a boss that would ask me to grab old phone books, guy collected them. He had basically a bedroom with nothing but phone books. Sadly he recently passed away, his wife called and asked me if I could help throw out a room full of phone books.

It’s just idle chatter. You don’t have to convince me of how absurd and ridiculous this nonsense has gotten. Truth is, Maggie should have more knowledge than she has put on display thus far. Herschell should have put that girl to work instead of letting her entertain guests to the farm.

Great point here.

Just because he's in a wheelchair, doesn't make him a "monster". You're also completely disregarding his academic status, he's a 'Professor', not a 'Mister'. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Lmao!!!!

The Walking Dead. Find a safe place, bad shit happens and they lose everything. Every season.

The Walking Dead. Find a safe place, bad shit happens and they lose everything. Every season.

Season 1 -
At quarry ... overrun with zombies
At CDC ... Suicidal scientist blows up CDC.

Season 2 -
At Hershell's farm ... overrun with zombies

Season 3 and 4 -
At prison .... Governor overruns prison twice

Season 5 -
At Terminus ... leave Terminus after bad shit there

Season 6 to current
At Alexandria - attacked by Wolves and overrun by Saviors

Season 8 -
At Hilltop - ????

Kinda enjoyed this episode, it was decent. Havent said that in a while.

I think the luster is gone from TWD now. I don't think they can do anything to get back where they where in Season 4-5.

Thinking of the endless touch bumming we have between Negan and Rick, one can think back to Season 3 and the War against the Governor...it took until the 13th episode before Rick and the Governor actually met face to face...and I remember that being a huge moment in the series. After that, Rick didn't meet the Governor again until the the final Prison battle in Season 4 Episode 8. While the writers botched the Governor story as well, I look back at that plotline with a much more positive opinion after seeing how they've run with the Savior War angle.

Yup this whole Rick Vs. Negan thing is poorly stretched out specially their skirmishes. Like poster said we all know Negan wont be killed so they should just stop teasing us with the idea.

The Hiltop Dram is just excruciating!

Not sure where the comics go but the only thing I can think of that would allow the show to progress in any meaningful or interesting way for another season or two would be to introduce a potential “vaccine” scenario to give some hope for a future that’s something other than living in a community and killing stray zombies every now and again. Like they make their way to an another overrun CDC type lab somewhere and come across a dead scientist with suicide notes about a successful vaccine they tested just before being overrun and how to duplicate it or something for whoever finds him.

Otherwise it’ll just be more “who’s this years new villain/group of bad guys who are hyper violent and cruel for no apparent reason and must be fought with losses on both sides” ad nauseum. Need an end game to look forward to.

Not sure where the comics go but the only thing I can think of that would allow the show to progress in any meaningful or interesting way for another season or two would be to introduce a potential “vaccine” scenario to give some hope for a future that’s something other than living in a community and killing stray zombies every now and again. Like they make their way to an another overrun CDC type lab somewhere and come across a dead scientist with suicide notes about a successful vaccine they tested just before being overrun and how to duplicate it or something for whoever finds him.

Otherwise it’ll just be more “who’s this years new villain/group of bad guys who are hyper violent and cruel for no apparent reason and must be fought with losses on both sides” ad nauseum. Need an end game to look forward to.
I thought it would've been cool if Carl got bit, but somehow was immune to the virus. So they spend awhile trying to get him to a CDC lab to reverse engineer a cure, protecting him and keeping him alive. Then boom, he actually dies (gets shot or something) before getting there.

There’s only a few posters left to nitpick. This thread used to be filled with people discussing the show for nearly the entire week leading up to the next episode. They are losing viewers, including many die hard fans that would have never imagined swearing off the show. This shit is not going to last five more years.
Been watching it since 1st episode came out...

Just caught all the new eps the other day...

the excitement to catch the show is not there anymore...

Not sure how much longer I'm gonna last...

The best part about this episode is that the first hour for the series premiere of The Terror is following it up.

Episode started out decent enough and took a sharp turn south.

The best part about this episode is that the first hour for the series premiere of The Terror is following it up.

My guide says it's TWD, so I switched it over just for kicks. First thing I see is some diseased British dude in a bed, talking to some other British naval officer, and the show is clearly set in the 18th century, or whatever.

Funny thing is, it didn't immediately hit me that it was a different show, because at this point The Walking Dead doing an out of the blue episode set on a British naval ship in the 18th century with an entirely different cast, isn't completely out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back