Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already strayed from the comic i believe, also someone said carls death was to somehow make way for fear the walking dead to later merge into twd. So they are writing the fear cast into twd, they are milking the show, i wouldnt be surprised if it goes on for 20 seasons.
Not sure why Carl dying would help the shows merge better. Chris already died so the young messed up son role is vacant. If it's a question of budget there are tons of dispensable characters they could off instead of him.

Rick and Carl should be off limits IMO.

They already strayed from the comic i believe, also someone said carls death was to somehow make way for fear the walking dead to later merge into twd. So they are writing the fear cast into twd, they are milking the show, i wouldnt be surprised if it goes on for 20 seasons.
Gimple claimed he's killing the character to reconcile (what he considers) an inconsistency with Rick
keeping Negan alive after the war.
That's a bullshit copout as they were clearly setting that plotline with Morgan. Him building the cell and all, wavering back and forth between all life is precious to all foes must die, clear em out.
Chandler Riggs is not a good actor, he's just not. But they really fucked him over. It's shitty from an ethics standpoint and it completely fucks the future plotlines. I'm sure they'll give a lot of those storylines to Norman Reedus, who isn' that much stronger of an actor than Riggs if we are being honest. They could have diminished his role some while still keeping the main beats in tact, if they were worried about him not being up to the task. This really just feels like a fuck you to Robert Kirkman.

Still watching this and I have absolutely NO IDEA why.

Rick standing above him wielding the bat, VERY swift jab to the face with it that only angers Neagen, Rick then grabs the gun, shoots into nothing and crashes through the window, gets up WHILE STILL HOLDING A FUCKING GUN THAT COULD END A LIFE and just walks the fuck away?

None of their actions have been dead set on actually killing Neagan. They are just pussy footing around because they finally have ONE fucking likeable person on this show now, in Neagan, and they just keep him around. They are not prioritizing killing this motherfucker in the show. NO character is pointing guns directly at this guy and shooting. Everyone has a fucking gun, and this guy is still alive, with a bat that has a bullet hole in it now.... They have successfully shot a FUCKING BASEBALL BAT and unsuccessfully shot at a pretty big target.

I remember watching the first few seasons and having that bond created where I cared about people on the show, fast forward to now, and I just want to see them all die.

Gimple claimed he's killing the character to reconcile (what he considers) an inconsistency with Rick
That's a bullshit copout as they were clearly setting that plotline with Morgan. Him building the cell and all, wavering back and forth between all life is precious to all foes must die, clear em out.
Chandler Riggs is not a good actor, he's just not. But they really fucked him over. It's shitty from an ethics standpoint and it completely fucks the future plotlines. I'm sure they'll give a lot of those storylines to Norman Reedus, who isn' that much stronger of an actor than Riggs if we are being honest. They could have diminished his role some while still keeping the main beats in tact, if they were worried about him not being up to the task. This really just feels like a fuck you to Robert Kirkman.

Yeah i figured they would try and keep him alive, i cant stand twd, fear the walking dead is way better, at least madison kills mofos on the spot, eugene wouldnt be alive after that shit he pulled lying about the cure if madison was in charge.

I think they made fear the polar opposite to walking dead on purpose.

Also norman reedus is def worse actor than carl, but he is the fan favorite. Reedus barely has any real dialogue. Yet his character is useless to the storyline since he was made up just for the show, they cant kill him off though because they know he is the favorite.

Also can someone explain how carols hair is always the same length?

Riggs is a terrible actor IMO! He's gotten a little better this seaons but some of his past years were just awful.

Either Riggs pissed somebody off or the writers/director decided that they were getting too much heat for sticking to the comics. They saw viewership and ratings just plummeting and thought they'd through this "huge" curve in the road and "huge" death of Rick's kid.

The problem is I don't know if a lot of people care about Carl that much. Yes it is a big switch from the comics but they've been doing a lot of that with people like Andrea, Michonne and Carol already, so it's not like we didn't think they could go out on their own story lines.

Also...what the hell happened to Heath?? Did they just forget about him? Did they get lazy and didn't feel like telling us how he died (if he's dead)? We haven't seen him since that awful episode in Season 7 (episode 6) where he and Tara fought the sand zombies then he disappeared.

Basically the end showed Tara when (from the wikia site says) "she finds Heath’s broken glasses and some tire tracks in the dirt, indicating that he successfully escaped. She picks up a badge that says “PPP” and puts it in her pocket."

WTH? like 17 episodes later and nobody seems to even give a shit about him or bother to ask where he is or bother to look for him?

latest

Yeah i figured they would try and keep him alive, i cant stand twd, fear the walking dead is way better, at least madison kills mofos on the spot, eugene wouldnt be alive after that shit he pulled lying about the cure if madison was in charge.

I think they made fear the polar opposite to walking dead on purpose.

Also norman reedus is def worse actor than carl, but he is the fan favorite. Reedus barely has any real dialogue. Yet his character is useless to the storyline since he was made up just for the show, they cant kill him off though because they know he is the favorite.

Also can someone explain how carols hair is always the same length?

Speaking about Madison,Fear the Walking Dead, Negan and the crossing over!

I just have a wish but I know its a pipe dream.

Maybe they are keeping Negan alive so when the Fear crew steps in Salazar can skin him alive infront of Simon and the rest of the stupid assholes including the fucking Jesus and Rick to show them how its done!

Salazar:Hijo De Puta Ricardo why haven't you killed this serpente up to now?

Also...what the hell happened to Heath?? Did they just forget about him? Did they get lazy and didn't feel like telling us how he died (if he's dead)? We haven't seen him since that awful episode in Season 7 (episode 6) where he and Tara fought the sand zombies then he disappeared.

Basically the end showed Tara when (from the wikia site says) "she finds Heath’s broken glasses and some tire tracks in the dirt, indicating that he successfully escaped. She picks up a badge that says “PPP” and puts it in her pocket."

WTH? like 17 episodes later and nobody seems to even give a shit about him or bother to ask where he is or bother to look for him?

latest

Heath will be the new Morales in season 200 he will just appear out of nowhere!

Heath will be the new Morales in season 200 he will just appear out of nowhere!

LOL - And then the writers will think it's this giant reveal and that the audience is gonna go crazy.....but nobody will even remember who the hell that guy even was after 6 years of being gone. The Morales appearance was just so lame on so many levels. Only to kill him off within 15 minutes..lol

LOL - And then the writers will think it's this giant reveal and that the audience is gonna go crazy.....but nobody will even remember who the hell that guy even was after 6 years of being gone. The Morales appearance was just so lame on so many levels. Only to kill him off within 15 minutes..lol

It is indeed lame if this whole season is not that bad I am okay with the return of Morales and immediate disposal as that would be funny and kinda trollish, but since the season is so bad its hard to be amused with such useless cliffhangers and easter eggs.

I think since season two people on the internet are speculating what happened to Morales some predicted he is with the governor then there started some rumors that Morales will return after the Governor show down.

Then it became like an inside joke after Kirkman himself revealed that the Morales character is done and there will be no more story about Morales he is justa filler character, but the internet rumors continued more as a joke its like every new season that joke comes up.

So it seems TWD producers played a long and just randomly have him returned this season and unceremoniously killed, I think same thing will happen to heath

Carl is gone and the only reason he is is because the actor wants to focus on college.

Well, it's official: This episode had the lowest ratings of any finale or mid-season finale in TWD history since season 1.

People are universally getting sick of this shit.

Well, it's official: This episode had the lowest ratings of any finale or mid-season finale in TWD history since season 1.

People are universally getting sick of this shit.

I see even lower ratings by the mid season premier people got tired!

I see even lower ratings by the mid season premier people got tired!

They lost another 4 million viewers just over the course of these awful 8 episodes. I predict the next half will be even worse.

He changed and isnt a sniveling coward anymore, i think you referring to Eugene, it makes no sense to keep this coward liar around, he has gotten so many people killed and when it was revealed he never knew the cure they still kept him.

Gabriel hasn't really been a huge character, and I kinda saw him as disposable so that's why I'm surprised they're keeping him alive.

I see Eugene getting killed by the end of this season, tbh. This is the most that they've focused on him and that usually happens when characters are getting ready to do something big and wear out their usefulness (if not a main character). Which is ironic because of the fact that he's purely a survivalist who doesn't seem to have any sense of loyalty and just wants to be a part of the strongest groups.

latest

Yo I COMPLETELY forgot about this guy. Now that I think about it, he'll probably be the guy that ends up coming back out of nowhere and killing Negan :D

Riggs is a terrible actor IMO! He's gotten a little better this seaons but some of his past years were just awful.

Either Riggs pissed somebody off or the writers/director decided that they were getting too much heat for sticking to the comics. They saw viewership and ratings just plummeting and thought they'd through this "huge" curve in the road and "huge" death of Rick's kid.

The problem is I don't know if a lot of people care about Carl that much. Yes it is a big switch from the comics but they've been doing a lot of that with people like Andrea, Michonne and Carol already, so it's not like we didn't think they could go out on their own story lines.

I think maybe he is going to focus on school now in real life? maybe he wants to go to college or maybe he has a better role in a movie coming up? They mentioned that his entire childhood was on the show and he didnt get to really enjoy school with his peers he had to be tutored on set.

Made no real sense to kill him off unless it has to do with merging shows storyline, its confusing, they just finished filming the next season of walking dead, and Morgan is either dead or he just left ricks group to wander on his own and Fear flashes forward a few years and they meet up?

Its confusing, it would have been easier to just have fear flash forward and show them at the season finale meeting ricks group.

latest

LOL I was asking the same exact thing, whatever happened to him? I actually thought he would be the crossover character in Fear since he disappeared.

They lost another 4 million viewers just over the course of these awful 8 episodes. I predict the next half will be even worse.

Yea looks like no one is enjoying the show just being one big war. I honestly don't mind it to much kind of a nice change up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back