Television WACO Starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon

I've heard mixed things. A lot of people seem to like it and think it's underrated.

I couldn't get into it. My main gripes were the Mars desert setting. Visually it just wasn't cool to look at. Also the aliens looked stupid to me. And the story was boring.

Avatar > John Carter and I don't even like Avatar. Just my opinion though. You should definitely check it out for yourself.

We really have to do the Waco again? This guy's Koresh accent is horrible, and if they glorify this shit in any way the whole production team should voluntarily in a fire.

That's my fear as well

I picked up a copy of the official report on Waco at a garage sale once- it's a very thick read- and lemme tell you, even taking it with a giant grain of salt, some of the shit that went on was totally batshit crazy. The operation got bungled horribly, and the Davidians were fuckin whacked out of their gourds. The "bunker" section of the compound had spent rounds so deep (3 ft) that there were bodies completely concealed beneath.
It's also worth noting that the scale seems to sometimes go by the wayside. There were something like 70 or 80 people inside when it finally went tits up for good, and all but 9 died.

Taylor Kitsch is David Koresh in the First Trailer for WACO

Waco is a brand new 6-part series from Paramount Network based on the true story that shocked the world of religious leader David Koresh’s Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas in 1993. Waco features a star studded cast that includes Michael Shannon, Melissa Benoist, Taylor Kitsch, John Leguizamo. Premieres this January.

I am very interested to see this. It premieres this upcoming Wednesday.

We really have to do the Waco again? This guy's Koresh accent is horrible, and if they glorify this shit in any way the whole production team should voluntarily in a fire.

You're just concerned it will make the Clinton administration look bad. lol

I really like Shannon, he was exceptional in Boardwalk Empire and Shape of Water.

Thumbs up for Michael Shannon but thumbs down for Taylor Kitch

Shannon played a better Elvis than Elvis himself imo

Spoiler - Crazy religious group murdered by the government on TV.

Suggest to read whats available before watching the series.

I wonder if it will include all the details exposed in the Frontline documentary on the Waco incident. Like the part about the tank putting such high concentrations of tear gas that it poisoned women and children to death or how people were shooting machine guns into the building from he outside as the people from the inside tried to flee during the fire.

The local corner took a video of the aftermath that was confiscated by the feds and never returned He said it looked to him like a murder scene.

Back