Television WACO Starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon

Oh no. No more Gangland marathons for 10 hours on Spike?

LOL. You know, when Spike was in its prime, like around 2007 or so, I didn't much care for the network but I at least thought it had carved out a niche as "programming for guys" with shows like Deadliest Warrior and 1000 Ways to Die. But these days it just seems like a wasteland.

Ahhh yes Waco, David Koresh And all his weirdo followers being killed in a blazing Inferno.

That type of Stuff only happens on flat earth.

LOL. You know, when Spike was in its prime, like around 2007 or so, I didn't much care for the network but I at least thought it had carved out a niche as "programming for guys" with shows like Deadliest Warrior and 1000 Ways to Die. But these days it just seems like a wasteland.

Hopefully this new network will put on something decent to watch. This could be a good start.

I'd rather see documentaries of this stuff instead of reenactments featuring stars. They always tend to overdramatize.

Mmm, not that I know of. If it is, that would be a VERY bold move.

The only real problem I had with anything that was going on there was Koresh supposedly taking child brides, or whatever it was. I can't remember the details on that.

But like you say, the drug allegations were false. And as a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment, I don't care about whatever concerns the feds had about their firearm collection.

There's another documentary you might be interested in that was produced by PBS earlier this year. It's called Oklahoma City, but it actually ties together the OK City bombing, the Waco incident, and Ruby Ridge. It's really well-done. I think it might be available on Netflix right now.

Yeah i heard he took child brides and didnt let the men have wives the men had to remain celibate, Ill check that docu out

Waco: Rules of Engagement is great. I firmly believe that DELTA was illegally brought in to support the federal agents, which is quite concerning. I also think the feds had pretty good reason to believe the house would burn and went in any way.

David Koresh was a pretty sick fuck but he shouldn't have been burned alive. The innocent people certainly didn't deserve it.

I think the group was fucked from the moment they shot those ATF agents. They were destined to die at that point.

I actually think the Ruby Ridge situation is more fucked up even though less people were hurt or killed. Ruby Ridge was a complete shit show from the beginning.

Waco: Rules of Engagement is great. I firmly believe that DELTA was illegally brought in to support the federal agents, which is quite concerning. I also think the feds had pretty good reason to believe the house would burn and went in any way.

David Koresh was a pretty sick fuck but he shouldn't have been burned alive. The innocent people certainly didn't deserve it.

I think the group was fucked from the moment they shot those ATF agents. They were destined to die at that point.

I actually think the Ruby Ridge situation is more fucked up even though less people were hurt or killed. Ruby Ridge was a complete shit show from the beginning.

Its a sad and tragic event, What happened at Ruby Ridge? I never heard of that one.

Its a sad and tragic event, What happened at Ruby Ridge? I never heard of that one.

Here is the wiki summary:

Ruby Ridge was the site of an eleven-day siege near Naples, Idaho, U.S., beginning on August 21, 1992, when Randy Weaver, members of his immediate family, and family friend Kevin Harris resisted agents of the United States Marshals Service (USMS) and the Hostage Rescue Team of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI HRT). Following a Marshals Service reconnoiter of the Weaver property pursuant to a bench warrant for Weaver after his failure to appear on firearms charges, an initial encounter between six US marshals and the Weavers resulted in a shootout and the deaths of Deputy US Marshal William Francis Degan, age 42, the Weavers' son Samuel (Sammy), age 14, and Weaver's family dog (Striker). In the subsequent siege of the Weaver residence, led by the FBI, Weaver's 43-year-old wife Vicki was killed by FBI sniper fire. All casualties occurred on the first two days of the operation. The siege and stand-off were ultimately resolved by civilian negotiators, with the surrender and arrest of Kevin Harris on August 30, and the surrender of Randy Weaver and the surviving Weaver children the next day.

Source

IMO, the Feds tried to pressure Randy Weaver to turn into an informant. Once that went bad they decided to arrest or kill him. The FBI surrounded the house and waited to monitor Weaver and his family. Weaver's son and the family dog were out looking for the FBI. The dog barked. Deputy Marshal Degan killed the dog. Weaver's son killed the Marshal. The son was killed. The FBI then tried to kill Weaver and his family. They shot Weaver several times. They killed Weaver's wife and infant child while she was in the cabin with her back to the door.

Weaver successfully sued the feds. One of the reasons the suit was successful was because the FBI drafted special ROE for this situation:

Special rules of engagement (ROE) were drafted and approved by FBI Headquarters and the Marshal Service for use on Ruby Ridge.[88] According to the later RRTF report to the DOJ (1994), the Ruby Ridge ROE were as follows:

1. "If any adult in the area around the cabin is observed with a weapon after the surrender announcement had been made, deadly force could and should be used to neutralize the individual."[89]
  2. "If any adult male is observed with a weapon prior to the announcement deadly force can and should be employed if the shot could be taken without endangering any children."[89]
  3. "If compromised by any dog[,] the dog can be taken out."[89]
  4. "Any subjects other than Randy Weaver, Vicki Weaver, [and] Kevin Harris presenting threat of death or grievous bodily harm[,] FBI rules of deadly force apply. Deadly force can be utilized to prevent the death or grievous bodily injury to oneself or that of another." [From the sworn statement of FBI SAC Eugene Glenn].[89]

Looks like Spike will be rebranded and they will be airing shows on Paramount. That’s too bad, who didn’t love those 14 hour marathons every Friday of Gangland on Spike?

If you're interested in Waco read Absolute Zero. Written by an FBI HRT Sniper who was at Waco and Ruby Ridge.

We really have to do the Waco again? This guy's Koresh accent is horrible, and if they glorify this shit in any way the whole production team should voluntarily in a fire.

Back