VR gamers?

no point in getting playstation VR now. the technology is in its novice stage. ill wait 10 years from now when its indistinguishable from reality

Ive wanted to sell my oculus for ages but im too lazy to put it on ebay or craigslist.

Its defintely something to experience but I just couldnt get past the screen door effect. Its beyond terrible and sadly it doesnt look like it will be fixed anytime soon since they would need 4k lens and the technology just isnt there yet.

I instead opted for a 120in projection screen and the brand new sony hw45es gaming projector and it blows VR away. Yes, its apples to oranges but having a giant sharp screen is much better than having 3D with head tracking on a blurry scanlined screen (although the projector does do 3D). Shit, even when i stand 1 foot in front my 120in screen i just barely see the pixels.

Dont get me wrong, when the lens are 4k and the headsets are lighter than a half pound I will definitely get back into it but I made the mistake of jumping on board too early. Its just not practical for me.

Bottomline the 3d and head tracking are excellent but the visuals themselves suck. The games also suck but I will say this, the 1st persson Horror genre has a real opportunity to evolutionize in VR. A game like Condemned would have been rediculous in native VR. Re 7 is probably the only game I will keep my Oculus for.

What are your CPU specs out of curiosity

I must say, the fact that I can't do 4k gaming on my new TV with my new PS pro ... Unless I unhook the psvr/processor unit is a serious pain in the ass.

Everything does look better in VR tho with the pro.

I must say, the fact that I can't do 4k gaming on my new TV with my new PS pro ... Unless I unhook the psvr/processor unit is a serious pain in the ass.

Everything does look better in VR tho with the pro.
Yeah, I really don't get how they didn't make the PSVR box support 4k passthrough. Seems like a really silly mistake.

I am playing this game at the moment. My English copy arrived in the mail. Also have the Farpoint bundle pre-ordered.

C8eYlXzU0AEU_Wu.jpg

I've had the oculus for a year and the motion controllers for maybe 6 months.

I definitely don't play it regularly but when I do fire it up, which is usually after several beers sometime on a weekend, it's pretty damn awesome.

The biggest issue is the lack of AAA games. The batman game in particular was the most kick ass experience ever but it was an hour long. The gun games are also pretty intense, partially robot recall and raw data.

Also, I always crank my AC before playing because the oculus headset makes my head and face sweat like crazy. I had to buy the removable mesh covers so I change them when playing with a friend.

Back