VR gamers?

RJ43

The Baddy
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone got a VR headset they use regularly?

I was at a loss for what to get for Xmas this year, so I just decided to get the budget VR setup with the PSVR.

Overall I think it's pretty damn cool. I fear it may be a novelty effect, but right now it's really fun playing Eve Valkyrie and the Star Wars X-Wing Mission in Battlefront.

One thing that really kind of surprised me is how dark/fuzzy the resolution is. My friend has it and was telling me how he can't tell much of a difference between VR and standard 2D HD play, but it looks pretty damn dark and fuzzy to me.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase, but I'm curious to see if enough content it released to make it worthwhile in the long run.

i got one as well,been playing drive club and i get what you're saying about fuzzy picture. i can't use it for long cause it gives me motion sickness.

I was looking at headsets last night. I didn't realize they were so inexpensive. I haven't done any research on VR gaming so I wouldn't know what to do next if I bought a headset to put my android phone in. I'm assuming there are games in the Play store made specifically for these headsets??

Edit: Nevermind I took two seconds to look through the store at all the games with very low ratings. Anyone found a game that is worth downloading?

Last edited:
I debated getting one over Christmas.. Went in to Best Buy to pick up the PSVR bundle but the stores locally don't carry the bundle, only the headsets. There's not many games I actually want to play for it though..

How is it for playing non-vr games on?? Or for watching tv/movies?

I've had a vive since may and been playing it pretty much daily, love it.

I know a chick who got the playstation VR for her kid and showed me a video of him freaking out while playing - looked like he had fun. But at $700 the only thing I'd be freaking out about is the price tag.

all i do is play werewolves within.

every night.

psvr.

I debated getting one over Christmas.. Went in to Best Buy to pick up the PSVR bundle but the stores locally don't carry the bundle, only the headsets. There's not many games I actually want to play for it though..

How is it for playing non-vr games on?? Or for watching tv/movies?

I can't imagine why anyone would want to use it for Non-VR. Basically turns the game into a standard def game with no benefits.

I know a chick who got the playstation VR for her kid and showed me a video of him freaking out while playing - looked like he had fun. But at $700 the only thing I'd be freaking out about is the price tag.

I'm an adult-kid so it's not that big of a deal to me to drop the cash occasionally. That said, I have a One, a PS4, and now a PS VR. It's becoming more common for me to look at all of that money spent and wonder if I should have just gotten a PC instead.

Anyone got a VR headset they use regularly?

I was at a loss for what to get for Xmas this year, so I just decided to get the budget VR setup with the PSVR.

Overall I think it's pretty damn cool. I fear it may be a novelty effect, but right now it's really fun playing Eve Valkyrie and the Star Wars X-Wing Mission in Battlefront.

One thing that really kind of surprised me is how dark/fuzzy the resolution is. My friend has it and was telling me how he can't tell much of a difference between VR and standard 2D HD play, but it looks pretty damn dark and fuzzy to me.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase, but I'm curious to see if enough content it released to make it worthwhile in the long run.

The blurriness is due to the low resolution screens on the PSVR. Since the PSVR has to produce two images, it takes double the processing power so the graphics will always be a step behind current gen.

IMO, VR is still a ways away from being novelty. Out of the three (PSVR, Oculus, Vive) the Oculus + touch controllers were the most impressive. I cannot stress how amazing the touch controllers added to the experience. It's increases the immersion by a significant amount.
Although the PSVR is the most easy to use and everything, its technically the least impressive out of the three.

I'm an adult-kid so it's not that big of a deal to me to drop the cash occasionally. That said, I have a One, a PS4, and now a PS VR. It's becoming more common for me to look at all of that money spent and wonder if I should have just gotten a PC instead.

Yeah, when you factor in all the accessories and shit, it's better to get a PC and wait for the next gen line up of VR. It's still in it's baby stages and could quickly disappear like 3D TVs if developers don't make the right moves.

The blurriness is due to the low resolution screens on the PSVR. Since the PSVR has to produce two images, it takes double the processing power so the graphics will always be a step behind current gen.

IMO, VR is still a ways away from being novelty. Out of the three (PSVR, Oculus, Vive) the Oculus + touch controllers were the most impressive. I cannot stress how amazing the touch controllers added to the experience. It's increases the immersion by a significant amount.
Although the PSVR is the most easy to use and everything, its technically the least impressive out of the three.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah I went into it knowing that PSVR was the budget device, I just wasn't really sure what the experience was like. Not that it would have changed my decision to get it, but I should have tried a demo out first. I've been just using the standard PS4 controller, but have two of the wands I haven't used yet.

Looking forward to trying Resident Evil 7 with it.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah I went into it knowing that PSVR was the budget device, I just wasn't really sure what the experience was like. Not that it would have changed my decision to get it, but I should have tried a demo out first. I've been just using the standard PS4 controller, but have two of the wands I haven't used yet.

Looking forward to trying Resident Evil 7 with it.

Get the Wands for sure and the carnival horror shooting game. Best fun to be had on PSVR IMO

Any of you guys with PSVR tried sportsbar VR? I fucking love it on the vive, great virtual pool game, and the skee ball isn't bad either.

I'm sort of waiting for a PS4 Pro/VR bundle.

Not sure why it's not a thing yet.

You should've

Access to so many more (and much cheaper) games is a good enough reason, imo.

Last edited:
Get the Wands for sure and the carnival horror shooting game. Best fun to be had on PSVR IMO

God that game is deceptively fun. I may actually buy it since it's only $20 bucks. I never thought I'd like a rail shooter, but that one is a blast in that demo.

I was really thinking of picking PSVR for the new Resident Evil coming out

I'm sort of waiting for a PS4 Pro/VR bundle.

Not sure why it's not a thing yet.

PS4 Pro $399.99
PSVR $1000+ (Controllers, PS Camera, etc.)

$1,400 price tag would scare most consumers away.

Ive wanted to sell my oculus for ages but im too lazy to put it on ebay or craigslist.

Its defintely something to experience but I just couldnt get past the screen door effect. Its beyond terrible and sadly it doesnt look like it will be fixed anytime soon since they would need 4k lens and the technology just isnt there yet.

I instead opted for a 120in projection screen and the brand new sony hw45es gaming projector and it blows VR away. Yes, its apples to oranges but having a giant sharp screen is much better than having 3D with head tracking on a blurry scanlined screen (although the projector does do 3D). Shit, even when i stand 1 foot in front my 120in screen i just barely see the pixels.

Dont get me wrong, when the lens are 4k and the headsets are lighter than a half pound I will definitely get back into it but I made the mistake of jumping on board too early. Its just not practical for me.

Bottomline the 3d and head tracking are excellent but the visuals themselves suck. The games also suck but I will say this, the 1st persson Horror genre has a real opportunity to evolutionize in VR. A game like Condemned would have been rediculous in native VR. Re 7 is probably the only game I will keep my Oculus for.

Last edited:
Back