Voting is a scam to get the people to believe they are the ones in charge.

Imalive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't vote and probably never will, it's pointless.I find it funny when people say I have no right to an opinion on politics because I don't vote. It's all set up to appease the people into thinking they are the ones in control. The truth is your vote doesn't matter.

The electoral college was set up so that if the powers that be decided who the people voted for wasn't fit they could simple choose the other guy. Most people don't even realize why the E.C was put in place!

Why would anyone participate in a system where votes aren't even equal? One persons vote counts more based on where they are standing when they cast it...how fucking silly is that shit?

The truth is it really doesn't matter who you vote for you will never change the outcome.

giphy.gif

I don't vote and probably never will, it's pointless.I find it funny when people say I have no right to an opinion on politics because I don't vote. It's all set up to appease the people into thinking they are the ones in control. The truth is your vote doesn't matter.

The electoral college was set up so that if the powers that be decided who the people voted for wasn't fit they could simple choose the other guy. Most people don't even realize why the E.C was put in place!

Why would anyone participate in a system where votes aren't even equal? One persons vote counts more based on where they are standing when they cast it...how fucking silly is that shit?

The truth is it really doesn't matter who you vote for you will never change the outcome.

you'd prefer this horseshit ?
EU-677905.jpg

And yet the EC has never been used for the purposes you are describing in over 225 years. You're one of those guys who learned one little fact but is entirely ignorant of historical context.

I for one am glad you don't vote.

Imalive
should be
Imadumb

And yet the EC has never been used for the purposes you are describing in over 225 years. You're one of those guys who learned one little fact but is entirely ignorant of historical context.

I for one am glad you don't vote.
My point is a system was put in place to override the people's vote displaying the system has been fucked from day one.

Who cares if you are glad I don't vote it's like dating you are planning I don't pray neither make a fucking difference. You are one of those sheep who feel empowered because they told you you could choose between a douche and a shit sandwich.

Then come vote in CA where your vote counts for a lot. But remember, you're voting against tens of millions of people. That's why CA will always be blue. You're better off voting in a smaller state where your votes might count for something. Especially the swing states.

As for popular vote beating electoral vote, it's only happened 5x so far in the history of the United States. Also, Electoral votes benefit smaller states than bigger states. Hawaii has 1.4 million population and is worth 4 electoral votes. California has 38m but is only worth 55 votes. If we go by popular votes, then you will only see candidates goto big states. Small states like Maine and Hawaii will never see them. Or that their vote will count for even less.

There are many reasons as to why we should have electoral over popular. Just go google it.

My point is a system was put in place to override the people's vote displaying the system has been fucked from day one.

Yet that has never happened and never will happen.

There is a paradox in American voting; people don't turn out to vote because they believe their vote doesn't count. Their vote doesn't count because as a whole, the disenfranchised don't show up to vote or don't coalesce behind alternative candidates.

In a Presidential election we get 50% turnout maybe. It's horrible. We really could elect whoever we want, but we don't. The EC has little to do with it. Combine the above paradox with the fact that as a culture we are as readily manipulated as a brainless marionette by corporatists, and you can see the truth that our Republic is a joke.

Yes because "the powers that be" surely wanted Donald Trump to be president...

There is a large amount of illusion involved, but it is not entirely illusion.

There is just enough meaning in voting to keep it enticing.

Then if groups can use block voting strategies it becomes more effective, that is making a direct deal with politicians in order secure voting blocks.

Oligarchy will still Oligarchy, but that doesn't mean voting has no effect whatsoever.

Who cares if you are glad I don't vote it's like dating you are planning I don't pray neither make a fucking difference. You are one of those sheep who feel empowered because they told you you could choose between a douche and a shit sandwich.

1. The system of control you claim was put into place wasn't ever used the way some of the Founder's envisioned it being used. It wasn't fucked from day one. It functioned quite well from day one. and in a manner very different than you are describing.

2. Calling people sheep is a huge red flag for the kind of guy who learns his politics watching Youtube vids in the basement drinking warm beers he pilfered from his dad and smoking some low quality weed. That may not be your actual situation, but it is certainly how you are portraying yourself.

1. The system of control you claim was put into place wasn't ever used the way some of the Founder's envisioned it being used. It wasn't fucked from day one. It functioned quite well from day one. and in a manner very different than you are describing.

2. Calling people sheep is a huge red flag for the kind of guy who learns his politics watching Youtube vids in the basement drinking warm beers he pilfered from his dad and smoking some low quality weed. That may not be your actual situation, but it is certainly how you are portraying yourself.

Lol sheep.

Yes because "the powers that be" surely wanted Donald Trump to be president...

Plenty of them yes. Big oil, coal for starters. Oh yeah, Wall Street also.

Tighten up, yo.

The illusion aspect is largely around how people form their opinions and how much 'the people' really have a say in comparison to say, an international elite class (Oligarchy) that has the means to direct finances and move the levers of media and such.

To steer society from the top, in a democratic society, those at the top rely most heavily on propaganda and social conditioning, and voting is similar to polling, in that it offers a feedback mechanism. One of many feedback mechanisms used to tinker, direct resources into various political pushes, and generally strategize.

An application of this is sometimes referred to as Nudging

"Nudge theory (or Nudge) is a concept in behavioural science, political theory and economics which argues that positive reinforcement and indirect suggestions to try to achieve non-forced compliance can influence the motives, incentives and decision making of groups and individuals, at least as effectively – if not more effectively – than direct instruction, legislation, or enforcement."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudge_theory

People are constantly in a state of manipulation without even knowing it, and the nudging effects come from all angles.

Your argument would be better if you concentrated on the fact that the supposed "choices" offered in elections are very narrow.

Some call it the 'illusion of choice' - similar to being offered a 'choice' of being run over by a truck, or shot in the head.

I would contend that it was done this way on purpose. "We the people" did not refer to all the people. It referred to who were considered people at the time - rich, propertied aristocrats., and 'protection of the minority against the tyranny of the majority' was not some altruistic notion meant to protect the little guy. It was meant to protect those same aristocrats (ultra rich minority) from the proletariat (majority).

The founding fathers were smart enough to recognize that rule by physical force was no longer necessary if you convinced people that they were participating, or having a say, in governance, however little form that effectively takes, or however easily it could be overruled.

You can see the same thing in law. Supposedly, laws apply equally to everyone. However, they are written in such a sophisticated yet ambiguous manner that someone with the proper economic leverage does not succumb to the rule of law as those without.

Taxes are the same way.

While Democrats and Republicans may be different in a wide variety of issues that only seem to ruffle the feathers of the middle class, I would say that's more of a smokescreen to deflect attention away from unrelenting capital accumulation and policies of such that transcend both parties, and seem to never change. In that essence they are simply two sides to the same face.

Back