Volk should retire

P4P GOAT coming off the first Islam loss straight into "mans too old for this time to retire" in 12 months. wild.

Not at all if you follow elite level sports. Most athletes fall off a cliff vs slowly rolling down hil. Besides, PVP isn’t real and GOAT isn’t real, that’s just meaningless speculation and has no bearing on reality.

Its stupid. Volk fans just cant accept he was overrated and lost to better fighters so they say he instantly fell out of his prime coincidentally as soon as he lost.

Its stupid. Volk fans just cant accept he was overrated and lost to better fighters so they say he instantly fell out of his prime coincidentally as soon as he lost.
Not “as soon as he lost”. 3 losses with 2 KOs

He only just lost the belt man give him a chance.

I agree he shouldn't come back to early though. Needs to let his brain heal.

Not “as soon as he lost”. 3 losses with 2 KOs
Well it did indeed happen fast,and the first loss was a highly competitive fight at a higher weight class,and the second on short notice. No shame in that.

Wikibabies to the back of the line.

He only just lost the belt man give him a chance.

I agree he shouldn't come back to early though. Needs to let his brain heal.
Yeah he def needs a break.

It’s a coping mechanism for his fans. It was the same when Leon beat usman. Everyone saying usman suddenly aged, yet he won most of the first fight until he got KTFO. Was it the head kick that aged him? Fighters get concussed all the time!

Its also disrespectful to the guys that beat these long standing champs

Well it did indeed happen fast,and the first loss was a highly competitive fight at a higher weight class,and the second on short notice. No shame in that.

Wikibabies to the back of the line.
GTFO u potato

Reactions: HHJ
He’s been beaten by the better man the last 3 fights. He hasn’t suddenly got old. Claiming he’s suddenly past it is a coping mechanism for his fans
Oh of course you’re right damage is meaningless and getting KO 2x in a row means nothing and just because everyone else drops off at that age it’s all in their head

Oh cool, another "he should retire because I said so" thread...

People should just quit once they start losing or get old...

If you can't be the best in the world, there is no sense in continuing....

Oh of course you’re right damage is meaningless and getting KO 2x in a row means nothing and just because everyone else drops off at that age it’s all in their head

Lol More excuses. 1 or 2 KOs doesn’t necessarily ruin a fighter. There’s examples of this all over boxing and mma. Did conor ruin poiriers chin. Did poirier ruin gaethges chin. Charles Olivera has been stopped more times than I can fuckin remember. How is he still even fighting

Getting knocked out doesn’t mean your chin gonna crumble next time it’s touched, in the vast majority of cases. Volk suddenly past it is an excuse! The real reason he lost is he got beaten by the better man on the night! If they rematch I’m fairly confident it ends the same way, and we’ll get more of these excuses

I'd like to see him get a couple more fights with some fresh faces at FW before calling it quits if he loses to Ilia again.

Given what Aldo did I don't see why someone like Volk couldn't reinvent himself after losing the belt.
Also wasn't 37

Lol More excuses. 1 or 2 KOs doesn’t necessarily ruin a fighter. There’s examples of this all over boxing and mma. Did conor ruin poiriers chin. Did poirier ruin gaethges chin. Charles Olivera has been stopped more times than I can fuckin remember. How is he still even fighting

Getting knocked out doesn’t mean your chin gonna crumble next time it’s touched, in the vast majority of cases. Volk suddenly past it is an excuse! The real reason he lost is he got beaten by the better man on the night! If they rematch I’m fairly confident it ends the same way, and we’ll get more of these excuses
Age and damage mean nothing…got it…..

Not the craziest idea, most likely sits until they get him a rematch for the FW belt, he cant crack it at LW, one more L and he should call it a day, winning means more paydays, no one would pass on that, but i dont think he beats Topuria in a rematch.

Not the craziest idea, most likely sits until they get him a rematch for the FW belt, he cant crack it at LW, one more L and he should call it a day, winning means more paydays, no one would pass on that, but i dont think he beats Topuria in a rematch.
He arguably beat Islam Makhachev just over a year ago, lost the short notice rematch. There is no reason to think he couldn't compete at LW. I wouldn't want him to fight guys like Poirier or Gaethje but I think he'd easily beat most of the division and be competitive with most of the rest.

I also think he can definitely beat Topuria. He won the first round and looked good until he got caught. He could certainly win three or four rounds against Topuria and survive any scares. It is WILD how quickly people have written off one of the greatest fighters of all time. His pro record is 26-4.

I still think he's better off to stay at FW for as long as he can. He should take as long as he needs, but at least another six months, then fight the winner of Topuria vs Evloev or Ortega.

If he loses again, then he should seriously think about an exit strategy and have a few big money legacy fights. If he wins then he's champion again and all is right with the world.

He arguably beat Islam Makhachev just over a year ago, lost the short notice rematch. There is no reason to think he couldn't compete at LW. I wouldn't want him to fight guys like Poirier or Gaethje but I think he'd easily beat most of the division and be competitive with most of the rest.

I also think he can definitely beat Topuria. He won the first round and looked good until he got caught. He could certainly win three or four rounds against Topuria and survive any scares. It is WILD how quickly people have written off one of the greatest fighters of all time. His pro record is 26-4.

I still think he's better off to stay at FW for as long as he can. He should take as long as he needs, but at least another six months, then fight the winner of Topuria vs Evloev or Ortega.

If he loses again, then he should seriously think about an exit strategy and have a few big money legacy fights. If he wins then he's champion again and all is right with the world.
Taking as long as he needs...he aint 27 years old.

Taking as long as he needs...he aint 27 years old.
Yeah he's 35. He's got at least a couple of near-prime years left, then a bunch more where he could compete, but not at the top.

He has earned the right to fight for exactly as long as he feels like. He has a good family and a strong network of friends. He will have a great career after fighting doing whatever he wants, and I trust him to retire when he's ready.

But that is not now. And If he decisively beats Topuria, then what?

Back