Vitor vs. Hendo stoppage?

[YT]bn1Hlf-w8nE#t=10[/YT]

Around 8:40

its kinda amazing to me how many sherdoggers don't know what happens in mma and in the ufc..
at 8 40 of the video hendo is laying on the mat still...
why is he? is he still out or in la la land as so many claim? or
could it possibly be because its what the refs, and doctors told him to do? like they do everytime someone gets rocked or a fight is called off ?
the refs specifically stop the fighters from standing up for at least a few seconds until the docs can come in and check up on them. I cant believe I have to explain this.
even if the refs have to physically hold them down they will, no matter how bad it looked, they air on the side of caution and keep the fighters down.
yes hendo got cracked and I don't have a big problem with the stoppage but to say he was "out" in that video is wrong. you can clearly even hear him talking to the docs the entire time. I would have liked to see the fight go on a little longer but it did seem like hendo was just going to take more punishment.
props to vitor

its kinda amazing to me how many sherdoggers don't know what happens in mma and in the ufc..
could it possibly be because its what the refs, and doctors told him to do? like they do everytime someone gets rocked or a fight is called off ?
the refs specifically stop the fighters from standing up for at least a few seconds until the docs can come in and check up on them. I cant believe I have to explain this.
even if the refs have to physically hold them down they will, no matter how bad it looked, they air on the side of caution and keep the fighters down.
yes hendo got cracked and I don't have a big problem with the stoppage but to say he was "out" in that video is wrong. you can clearly even hear him talking to the docs the entire time. I would have liked to see the fight go on a little longer but it did seem like hendo was just going to take more punishment.
props to vitor

talk about delusion .. seriously dude come on.

his leg is stiff and he is having a spasm.. the guy was unconscious and awoke after he was brutally knocked out

you don't not get knocked out when your body shuts down and your head rebounds a foot off the canvas

He was done and the ref saved him from un-needed bombs to the grill!

Maybe slightly earlier than we typically see in matches at this level but someone going down heavy twice like that is always going to mean a potential finish.

As with Dan's recent close deicison loses he can't complain given that he benefited from the far more questionable stoppage vs Fedor.

props to vitor

You don`t have to explain and we will thank you if you don`t.

You`re wrong from top to bottom, delusional statements mixed with cheap attempts to come across like you actually know what you are talking about.

Hendo is clearly out as he drops, stiff, eyes rolling. You should check the videos again e edit your useless and misleading post.

It was fine. No need to shorten Dan's life further

props to vitor

"talking" with the ref/doc doens't mean you weren't KO .
Even if it's a few seconds after you get "revived" .
Dan was out cold as soon as the kick landed (you can clearly see the eyes ) .
What next , you are going to tell me that Pepey wasn't out cold after Stephens KOed him ? His eyes were "open" and he was "talking" right after .
Pepey probably jobbed to Stephens on purpose too .

Kinda like the fedor one. This was more justified stoppage than hendo ko over fedor

It really baffles me so much people are saying it was an early stoppage. I'm guessing if Vitor pounded Dan's head through the canvas they would still saying it was early because of Dan's legendary chin. I'm not a huge fan of both fighters but geeesh, try to watch the fight without being so biased.

Btw, did Dan said it was an early stoppage? Most of the time when a fighter thinks it got stopped early they are really vocal about it, immediately after the ref intervenes. Hendo was still laying on his back while Vitor was celebrating.

1 of the best points in the thread.

1 of the main ways I decide if it is early is based on the fighter's IMMEDIATE reaction.

If they spring up immediate in protest, I wonder, but that was not the case here.

talk about delusion .. seriously dude come on.

his leg is stiff and he is having a spasm.. the guy was unconscious and awoke after he was brutally knocked out

you don't not get knocked out when your body shuts down and your head rebounds a foot off the canvas

once again, a good post by TKOTOM.

as a fan of both fighters, I would have liked it to go on for another 2-3 seconds, not because anything would have changed, but we could be spared all of these poor analysis.

some of you should read up on decorticate posture-

A posture caused by diffuse and severe cortical dysfunction, seen in a deep coma, where primitive reflex posturing prevails after the loss of higher cortical control; DP is characterized by fisted hands, arms flexed on the chest, extended legs, often in response to painful stimuli, which indicates midbrain dysfunction.

legs off the mat is not an indication of being conscious- its actually the opposite.

You know, this whole time I've been assuming so many people were questioning the stoppage based on Hendos "Iron Chin". Yet no one questioned the JDS/Hunt stoppage(IIRC). Which is kind of weird if you think about it. Hunt was a lot more well known for his chin then Henderson and Vitors kick was a lot more definitive then JDS'....

i9dpgQfChGYRK.gif

once again, a good post by TKOTOM.

as a fan of both fighters, I would have liked it to go on for another 2-3 seconds, not because anything would have changed, but we could be spared all of these poor analysis.

some of you should read up on decorticate posture-

A posture caused by diffuse and severe cortical dysfunction, seen in a deep coma, where primitive reflex posturing prevails after the loss of higher cortical control; DP is characterized by fisted hands, arms flexed on the chest, extended legs, often in response to painful stimuli, which indicates midbrain dysfunction.

legs off the mat is not an indication of being conscious- its actually the opposite.

thank you

in all honesty I liked where it was stopped. Any longer and Vitor would have put him out completely and that leg would have done a Lindland.

Vitor was all over him. If Dan survived from that point, Vitor would have just kept smashing him till it was definitely over. Just coz Dan auto-grabbed an ankle doesn't mean he was ok. I think he actually got hit so hard he thought he was Paul Harris.

236 people must not like Hendo...

Back