Vitor Belfort has wins 20 years and 200 UFC's apart.

Friggin 19 year old bare knuckling dudes twice his age = respect
40 year old still finishing guys in the Octagon = respect

Drugs? Who gives a shit, it's not a real sport. Go watch all the "clean" fighters that are beloved.
I'm ready for a slew of "Jake O'Brien was kind of okay" threads.

Victors been fighting clean for awhile now he's still ranked in the USADA era I'm willing to bet most people he faced were on roids whether we know or not

Steroids do work, look at Vitor on and off TRT, it's night and day.

Do you know Vitor's history? The middle of his career he wasn't there mentally with his sister getting kidnapped and then ending up murdered.
I just told you that TRT Vitor couldn't even manage 5 or more wins. Also, Vitor tested positive after losing to Dan Henderson. Dan Henderson didn't test positive.

The assertion that steroids made Vitor a better fighter is not backed any strong evidence whatsoever. It is a myth. Look at Vitor's record. He is an average.

Drugs? Who gives a shit, it's not a real sport. Go watch all the "clean" fighters that are beloved.

He was, okay?!

He defeated Tra Telligman in February '97 and UFC 12, and defeated Nate Marquardt in June 2017 at UFC 212.

Cool if you like even numbers.

According to Wikipedia...UFC 212 was the 399th UFC event...OHHH so close!

I just told you that TRT Vitor couldn't even manage 5 or more wins. Also, Vitor tested positive after losing to Dan Henderson. Dan Henderson didn't test positive.

The assertion that steroids made Vitor a better fighter is not backed any strong evidence whatsoever. It is a myth. Look at Vitor's record. He is an average.
Steroids make any fighter (or athlete) better under any circumstance, stop being wrong. We have seen this a thousand times in every walk of life. The last paragraph shows an absence of reason.

Let's agree with the conclusion, that Vitor is average (despite winning two decades apart but I digress) for the sake of argument. That still would not back up the claim that juice didn't help him. He could have been the worst fighter ever without drugs (obviously this is an exaggeration) but we really don't have an alternative universe in which to gauge the totally clean Belfort. The actual facts are that he has been able to maintain a career for two decades (steroids aid in healing) and has a very muscular physique. Even if he performed in fights post-steroids weakly or strongly it wouldn't change the fact that he would still have the benefits (and handicaps) from the time he was using.

xv_c__20belfort_info.jpg
Was waiting for this

No shame in O’Brien’s record..

He started TRT after the Anderson fight, his TRT record was:

Akiyama - KO win
Rumble Johnson - Sub win
Jon Jones - sub loss at LHW
Bisping - KO win
Rockhold - KO win
Hendo - KO win

Then he came off TRT. On TRT in his late 30s he might be the greatest MW of all time.

It's insane a guy who fought at UFC 12 is still relevant. We may never see that kind of longevity again.

Respect.
Are you saying that Wallid Ismail, Nick Sanzo, Tra Telligman and Justin Martin are now irrelevant?

This is a good thing. It will allow Belfort to extend his UFC career to 21 years with his last fight.

His 21 year UFC career mark is just a few weeks away.

Also Dan Henderson competed at the 1992 Olympics with the Dream Team in Barcelona.

And he is a prime example of "steroids don't work in fighting." He has been using exotic supplements his entire career, and his longest winning streak is 5 fights, and that happened when he wasn't even known as "TRT Vitor."

Steroids don't work. The numbers don't lie. LOL

that logic is screwed. You have to take his own potential as a baseline and not someone elses.

taking steroids doesn't make you automatically better than a non-steroid user, it makes you better than yourself without steroids.

True legend, I hope he gets the respect he deserves as a pioneer. He takes a lot of hate over the ped issue, and I wouldn't say he was right to do it, but the reality is that during that era, it was the Wild West as far as PEDs are concerned and 90+% of fighters had been taking something, including his opponents. In pride it was practically encouraged. He was just one of many and that was how things worked at the time, not sure why he seems to catch so much more shit about it.

Back