Vintage Boxing Gloves

It's been a while, but I'm planning on posting more of my collection (past and present) on this thread. Since it has been so long, here's a pic of a particularly unique pair of Flores boxing gloves made by Dan Mosby, 14 oz in size.

It's been a while, but I'm planning on posting more of my collection (past and present) on this thread. Since it has been so long, here's a pic of a particularly unique pair of Flores boxing gloves made by Dan Mosby, 14 oz in size.

Those are almost identical to Grant designs. Did Elvis buy Flores?

He did not buy Flores. Bill Beaulieu has the Flores patterns. I will post some Beaulieu labeled Dan Mosby made gloves. The gloves are different than traditional Flores.

@Vols1891 Las Dos MM does sort of still exist. I found their facebook page, but the gloves are not the same - I think someone is just trying to revive the name. MM stood for, I believe, Manuel Moreno. I guess Classics and a whole host of other Mexican labels sprouted from Las Dos. I know that Salvador Sanchez loved the label, and I know that Lennox had a few Las Dos pieces as well. Last time I saw a pair in action was in the HBO Freddie Roach documentary.

I am fairly certain that the Salvador Sanchez website/boxing estate is owned by Grant. Grant got his start by driving down south of the border to buy gear he would then sell on the East Coast. Those early grants feel like puffed up, laminated versions of the MM gloves I have. I'll post more this weekend.

If you were to ask me what a boxing glove should feel like, these 10 oz Grants are the gloves I would show you. If I ever were to fight professionally, these are the gloves I would want to wear. They come in at a perfect 10.0 oz and they are hands down the most comfortable glove I've ever come across. Aside from the fading logo, these gloves are in perfect condition, and the black leather is one of the prettiest I've seen on a glove.

Sorry for the absence - I have some really interesting pieces coming up.

<{titihmm}> I have a pair of these fight gloves in RED and WHITE but in better condition. Easily the best GRANT fight gloves in terms of " cut " or " pattern " I also have training gloves from the same era. When the fight gloves go kaput ( they are in rotation for mitt work and double end bag stuff ) I might send them off to Top Boxer but more likely the 1 vs 1 guy who does the custom stuff for Adidas to get " cloned " and then I will prob make a 16 oz and 10 oz version of this GOAT fight glove.

I almost purchased a full Los Dos MM kit gloves groin protector and head guard. But I decided against it. Knowing myself I wouldn't be able to just display it. I would actually use it.

Last edited:
He did not buy Flores. Bill Beaulieu has the Flores patterns. I will post some Beaulieu labeled Dan Mosby made gloves. The gloves are different than traditional Flores.

@Vols1891 Las Dos MM does sort of still exist. I found their facebook page, but the gloves are not the same - I think someone is just trying to revive the name. MM stood for, I believe, Manuel Moreno. I guess Classics and a whole host of other Mexican labels sprouted from Las Dos. I know that Salvador Sanchez loved the label, and I know that Lennox had a few Las Dos pieces as well. Last time I saw a pair in action was in the HBO Freddie Roach documentary.

I am fairly certain that the Salvador Sanchez website/boxing estate is owned by Grant. Grant got his start by driving down south of the border to buy gear he would then sell on the East Coast. Those early grants feel like puffed up, laminated versions of the MM gloves I have. I'll post more this weekend.
You have an awesome collection. How many gloves do you have in total?

@dembones22

Better condition than new? Just cuz the labels faded doesn't mean there's been any use.

That Las dos set was nice, saw it go on sale twice.

@Vols1891
Too much. I will try to post most of my vintage stuff, and that will take some time.

@dembones22

Better condition than new? Just cuz the labels faded doesn't mean there's been any use.

That Las dos set was nice, saw it go on sale twice.

@Vols1891
Too much. I will try to post most of my vintage stuff, and that will take some time.

{<diva} Just say'n minez is better than yours... Your pair does not " look " new. Although, can we not agree that these throwbacks are > current Grant's at least in terms of design or pattern/cut as I had said.

<GOT3>I'm no good at being a proper collector. Because I can't just let my gear sit. I need to use it.

@dembones22

it's tempting to use vintage sparring equipment, but I can't really understand a want to use vintage fight gloves? Red are trash, black colored Grants are the best ;)

I have a green pair signed by Tito and by Finito. One of my prized pair, got them for dirt cheap too.

A lot of my vintage sparring equipment can't be used because the thumbs are not attached, which in most gym would be a nonstarter. Another thing is that I can't really spar in gloves that aren't at least 18 oz as I have larger hands.

Last edited:
I've posted this before in another forum. When I was really into Grant....

most of the above is gone. None of the gloves in the pics were purchased through Grant. Most were picked up through craigslist, a couple through ebay.

Last edited:
Back