Vikings

Lodbrok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the show but season 5 with no Ragnar and his hot wives meah.

Apparently Edge the wrestler is going to appear on the show fighting for floki.

156883.jpg

Yeah i am big on the show but maaaaaan has it dropped off as soon as they killed ragnar. Hate how badly they butchered lagerthas character wih her lesbian bjj army too.

The last kingdom is making up for the hole left in place of the vikings for me at least

yeah they didnt do anything to make me all that interested in any of the kid's stories. even Bjorn, i dont know if its the writing or the acting, but i'm not interested in him anymore.

and fuck Rollo, i dont care if history smiles on him or not.

I'm enjoying Ivars story tbh, I felt Ragnar over stayed his welcome on the show if anything. The days of Athelstan were when the show was at its best.

I'm enjoying Ivars story tbh, I felt Ragnar over stayed his welcome on the show if anything. The days of Athelstan were when the show was at its best.
God bless Athelstan

yeah they didnt do anything to make me all that interested in any of the kid's stories. even Bjorn, i dont know if its the writing or the acting, but i'm not interested in him anymore.

and fuck Rollo, i dont care if history smiles on him or not.
Lol at the rollo comment

It's been going downhill steadily for a while. Ivar actually seems to have the potential to bring the show back to some degree of respectability.

Still no release date? Another show I might not live long enough to see the end.

Ragnar overstayed his welcome because they were writing his character off slowly which just made it worse. If they would have wrote his character so that they had plans of him staying it would have been different and much better (IMO). I'll continue to watch but not with the enthusiasm I used to.

When Ragnar died I quit watching about 2 episodes later. The show is BS without him, I know they are telling a historical story but damn killing off the main character in any show is never good. The Last Kingdom on BBC is 1000 times better to watch. It's quality production and scenery blows it out of the water.

I watched about half of The Last Kingdom's first episode and had to turn it off. It looked way, way lower budget than Vikings. The opening battle was weak, too. I've been meaning to give it a re-watch but right now I'm still ehhhh.....

Ivar rules and I'm hyped for the next season.

IM glad they got rid of that asslog bitch but I do miss apple stand.

The days of Athelstan were when the show was at its best.

Definitely this! 100%.

Seasons 1 and 2 are EXCELLENT. I mean, TV just doesn't get much better.

But the show steadily declines from there on.

It's been going downhill steadily for a while. Ivar actually seems to have the potential to bring the show back to some degree of respectability.

The problem with Ivar is that he's just not likable, not even as an anti-hero. Ragnar, especially early in the show, was very likeable despite being a raiding viking.

And there is no anti-Ivar, someone to root for instead.

Lately I've been rooting for the vikings' enemies, which seems dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Ragnar died I quit watching about 2 episodes later. The show is BS without him, I know they are telling a historical story but damn killing off the main character in any show is never good. The Last Kingdom on BBC is 1000 times better to watch. It's quality production and scenery blows it out of the water.

I've made it through four seasons so I'm sure I'll see it through to the end. I can't stop now.

But I agree that The Last Kingdom is the superior show at this point.

I watched about half of The Last Kingdom's first episode and had to turn it off. It looked way, way lower budget than Vikings. The opening battle was weak, too. I've been meaning to give it a re-watch but right now I'm still ehhhh.....

Ivar rules and I'm hyped for the next season.

The production values on The Last Kingdom are definitely lower than Vikings but it's a good show. I'd say give it an honest chance and you should enjoy it.

Back