Vikings

Do you even spoiler bro?
Serious douche move with a spoiler in OP.

Everything feels really rushed now and the sons still look like kids.

I watched about half of The Last Kingdom's first episode and had to turn it off. It looked way, way lower budget than Vikings. The opening battle was weak, too. I've been meaning to give it a re-watch but right now I'm still ehhhh.....

Ivar rules and I'm hyped for the next season.

Seriously, you need to just get past the first episode of The Last Kingdom. It becomes very good.

I think the money grab by the TV execs killed the flow of season 4. If I'm correct the first 3 seasons were 10 episodes. Things moved along, it was awesome. Then it's like the decided to put 10 episodes worth of content into 20 episodes and put a bunch of crap filler into it.
Though Season 4 did have some really cool battles like the boats with the giant chain. Fighting on floating platforms on the water. STuff like that. But just too slow IMO.

Druggie Ragnar was just a stupid plotline. As someone else said, slowly killing Ragnar's character was bad but I understand why the did it. I read they orginally were going to kill him off after Season 1 or 2 but he was so popular they kept him on but then the didn't really do anything with his character.

Plus they killed off all the Viking looking MF'ers and left a bunch of hipsters. They killed Torstein, Leif, Erik, even 1 eye was badass.

Lagertha bless

tenor.gif

Lagertha can piss in my mouth and I still would lick her like an Ice cream cone.
She does no wrong In my eyes.

Yeah i am big on the show but maaaaaan has it dropped off as soon as they killed ragnar. Hate how badly they butchered lagerthas character wih her lesbian bjj army too.

The last kingdom is making up for the hole left in place of the vikings for me at least
lesbian bjj army? I been watchin the wrong fuckin shows

I think the money grab by the TV execs killed the flow of season 4. If I'm correct the first 3 seasons were 10 episodes. Things moved along, it was awesome. Then it's like the decided to put 10 episodes worth of content into 20 episodes and put a bunch of crap filler into it.
Though Season 4 did have some really cool battles like the boats with the giant chain. Fighting on floating platforms on the water. STuff like that. But just too slow IMO.

Druggie Ragnar was just a stupid plotline. As someone else said, slowly killing Ragnar's character was bad but I understand why the did it. I read they orginally were going to kill him off after Season 1 or 2 but he was so popular they kept him on but then the didn't really do anything with his character.

Plus they killed off all the Viking looking MF'ers and left a bunch of hipsters. They killed Torstein, Leif, Erik, even 1 eye was badass.

Yes I mentioned this in the Viking TV show thread we had. I was so glad they were adding more episodes but not when it was just filler crap. Should have just kept it ten episodes.

So... I've been looking for another show or two to add to my "watch list" so to speak. I've been jonesing for something since finishing SoA and Justified and outside of Frontier which I won't see the new season till like 2018 and GoT I don't have much I watch. Would starting Vikings and Last Kingdom be a pair of decent shows to watch?

Vikings is cool for 1 season an then it get's unbelievably cheesy and weird. Barely any action. Basically wishes it had GOT production but absolutely a waste of a good potential series.

So... I've been looking for another show or two to add to my "watch list" so to speak. I've been jonesing for something since finishing SoA and Justified and outside of Frontier which I won't see the new season till like 2018 and GoT I don't have much I watch. Would starting Vikings and Last Kingdom be a pair of decent shows to watch?

yes. i'd say watch vikings first.

Yes.

If you're not already on the Vikings and TLK trains, you need to hop aboard. As I said earlier, S1 and S2 of Vikings is some of the finest television I've ever seen.

Yes.

If you're not already on the Vikings and TLK trains, you need to hop aboard. As I said earlier, S1 and S2 of Vikings is some of the finest television I've ever seen.
Awesome, thanks.

yes. i'd say watch vikings first.
Alright, I've tried to watch both earlier this year and know some of the characters are referenced in both (Ubbe) but those characters are all historical figures so it'd make sense.

And sorry for the like 2 month necro bump, couldn't find any other threads on the show.

Awesome, thanks.

Alright, I've tried to watch both earlier this year and know some of the characters are referenced in both (Ubbe) but those characters are all historical figures so it'd make sense.

And sorry for the like 2 month necro bump, couldn't find any other threads on the show.

Yeah that's why I said vikings, you'll understand the significance of some characters once you watch last kingdom

Re watched this recently. I loved the story tho after Ivars revenge on England it went down hill a little. Just can't understand the writers making everything up and veering of the Mythology n written accounts. They took a lot of effort to make the look seem accurate but gave no fucks to follow the Myth/historical story "the saga of Ragnor n his sons" or historical accounts from the Saxons. Some of the most un needed was Ubbe discovering America , Ivar dying in a battle with Alfred, Alfred was the third son of Aethelwulf to be king it never went right to Alred, lagertha being Bjorns mother , ridiculous having Rollo as Ragnar brother, amongst others.

I loved the show just can't understand how a " History chsnnel" series didn't just tell the story according to written records when that would have been just as good or better.

Re watched this recently. I loved the story tho after Ivars revenge on England it went down hill a little. Just can't understand the writers making everything up and veering of the Mythology n written accounts. They took a lot of effort to make the look seem accurate but gave no fucks to follow the Myth/historical story "the saga of Ragnor n his sons" or historical accounts from the Saxons. Some of the most un needed was Ubbe discovering America , Ivar dying in a battle with Alfred, Alfred was the third son of Aethelwulf to be king it never went right to Alred, lagertha being Bjorns mother , ridiculous having Rollo as Ragnar brother, amongst others.

I loved the show just can't understand how a " History chsnnel" series didn't just tell the story according to written records when that would have been just as good or better.
I'm actually rewatching now. Literally at this very moment lol.
And I agree about the made up shit. Like it wasn't an interesting enough story... Smh

I'm actually rewatching now. Literally at this very moment lol.
And I agree about the made up shit. Like it wasn't an interesting enough story... Smh
The 2 most ridiculous things were Rollo being Ragnars brother and Ubbe discovering America's (made even more dumb as the next series is about Lief Errickson who really did discover America). I get they wanted to include Rollo somehow but Ragnars brother? Don't get started on how they butchered Erik tbe Red (who should of had his own series).

Saga of Ragnar and his sons along with the saxon chronicles were the supposed basis for the story n they followed it loosely to be nice.

Great show tho just wish it would have kept to the stories as it was great as it was..

I wanted to like it but it was tarded.

Last kingdom is way better

Back